State of the Union (Heresy)

6 hours ago, bushman101 said:

I feel like that is the biggest draw for 1k sons. The mind can reel at what could have been.

I have a soft spot for most Legions to a degree and although I'm a Sixth Legion fan and have been for decades I am always taken aback by the Sons' fall.

Magnus most definitely did things wrong (as did everyone in the Heresy, but that's what makes the setting) but he felt he was doing them out of necessity and for the right reasons. Ironically despite physically being one of the least human he was definitely rather human mentally.

I used to dislike the Sons, probably because when I first learned of them it was "my" Legion vs theirs but I've come to appreciate them and lament their loss to the Imperium.

The Thousand sons were damned the second Magnus cut a deal with Tzeentch to stop the flesh change, if it hadnt been the Space Wolves it would have been something else, they were always going traitor.

1 minute ago, Noserenda said:

The Thousand sons were damned the second Magnus cut a deal with Tzeentch to stop the flesh change, if it hadnt been the Space Wolves it would have been something else, they were always going traitor.

Not exactly. The lore seems to imply that the Emperor kept them and Amgnus in the dark about the Webway project, etc. so he must have know about the super obvious Tzeench connection of Prospero. But Magnus only really became a real traitor when he refused the Emperor's deal in Fury of Magnus during the Siege.

So I have to say I'm very appreciative of the work the Battlescribe volunteers are doing.

Yes there's a fair way to go but at least they've got some considerable "meat" down and again, they're all volunteers and have to try and make things work between them.

On 7/19/2022 at 6:32 AM, bushman101 said:

The joys of multiple legions?  Playing BA has been enough for me. So far, I'm not a big fan of their legion specific Rows, so I'm still finding a 'home' to play in.

More to know thine enemy! I’m a Traitor through and through :laugh:.

I've been playing BA since 2nd 40k. 

Seeing them through the Heresy was a big draw for me.  I collected a few units of HH before but the Sang release reeled me in. 

I'd like to get the Traitor book but it's not the priority right now. I'm in my head trying to make them work the way I want them 

Heh, i collected a whole company of Heresy Blood Angels, the core rules were alright but the RoW and special units were mostly arse which shifted that army to the chopping block when i needed rent unfortunately. I much preferred how they were depicted in the novels and such as a balanced but aggressive force rather than the "everything must jump lolz" flanderised version.

1 hour ago, bushman101 said:

Playing without a RoW is fine. But I feel you kinda miss out a bit.

I’ve been considering whether I need one with some lists - but my impression is the benefits tend to outweigh the restrictions. What does everyone else think?

10 hours ago, Chaeron said:

I’ve been considering whether I need one with some lists - but my impression is the benefits tend to outweigh the restrictions. What does everyone else think?

I tend to agree. Not all of the RoW have the same level of benefits per restrictions, I guess it depends somewhat.

I wish their was a very generic RoW that just let you build according to the FOC with a small bonus

Edited by bushman101
Spelling

18 hours ago, Chaeron said:

Depends on the Rite of War. 

21 hours ago, Chaeron said:

I only consider RoWs If they offer me to use more of the units i like in my list or if i want to play a theme.

Personly i dont feel that any Legion needs a RoW to be played successfully and i am happy they toned down Pride of the Legion, so its not the go to rote for any army.

Alright, as a heads up, at 202 pages, with HH2.0 launching, I feel like the purpose of this thread has been served and any discussions can be moved over to dedicated threads and/or relevant areas of the sub forum such as Rules questions going into rules and tactics questions for armies going into their own tactica threads.

So, by the end of the week, I will be looking to put this thread to bed so that its less of a meandering mess of disparate conversations and we can start up more, pointed and focused discussions on specific subjects that arent already covered by pre-existing threads.

I've heard rumblings that we won't see any FAQ drops until they've spat out all the Liber books. Gonna be a rocky couple of months dealing with the word-soup that is the rulebook.

Edited by TheTrans
Edited for clarity

4 minutes ago, TheTrans said:

I've heard rumblings that we won't see any PDF drops until they've spat out all the Liber books. Gonna be a rocky couple of months dealing with the word-soup that is the rulebook.

What PDFs are we expecting? FAQs and Erratas or something else?

Shame to lose this thread, having a central chat is way more convenient! 

No FAQs until the libers are done is rooough though, whats that mid-late 2023?  Mech in Q3, Talons are due in Q4 and im guessing full liber  lists for Daemons and Human forces in the first half of 23? Rough.

13 minutes ago, Noserenda said:

Shame to lose this thread, having a central chat is way more convenient! 

No FAQs until the libers are done is rooough though, whats that mid-late 2023?  Mech in Q3, Talons are due in Q4 and im guessing full liber  lists for Daemons and Human forces in the first half of 23? Rough.

We might even hit the 4th anniversary of the last 30k faq lol. That'd be hilarious for all the wrong reasons. 

7 hours ago, Slips said:

Alright, as a heads up, at 202 pages, with HH2.0 launching, I feel like the purpose of this thread has been served and any discussions can be moved over to dedicated threads and/or relevant areas of the sub forum such as Rules questions going into rules and tactics questions for armies going into their own tactica threads.

So, by the end of the week, I will be looking to put this thread to bed so that its less of a meandering mess of disparate conversations and we can start up more, pointed and focused discussions on specific subjects that arent already covered by pre-existing threads.

Haha Slips, I was actually thinking along the same lines myself the other day, it's gotten very unwieldy and could be better served with more directed conversation.

Never did I imagine such a long topic but I'm glad to have shared the journey with you folks through the frustrations of feeling abandoned to the excitement of the new edition and models.

I sincerely do hope we start seeing some FAQs soon because there are definitely things I'd love to see addressed (but unfortunately with them not responding directly you may never get an answer). My latest are (and I'm sure covered by others):

Does the Kharbydis intentionally not have "Deep Strike" (it can explicitly do it in a Drop Pod Assault RoW list though)?

And do units HAVE to disembark from the Dreadclaw and Kharbydis when arriving using the Drop Pod Assault RoW? It's how it's written and I could see it being for balance but it does seem a little odd when they're also flyers.

Edited by Hfran Morkai