State of the Union (Heresy)

I think it's probably still scheduled for this year during the summer. The big thing to them is that full blown publications are leaking before they can control the release cycle and pacing there, as they haven't even announced that it's occurring yet.

Their annoyance with it is probably significantly higher now for instance, as compared to say a month and a half from now.

That and the documents are up in their actual form, when they've not been published.

Edited by WrathOfTheLion

Yea it's the withholding the new edition, no communication and no updates to the game in the meantime. Malevolence is still languishing with no faq over 3 years later because presumably they were going to fix the issues in the new edition. But it hasn't been released and the issues haven't been addressed.

I also feel terrible for dark angel players who waited the longest for their rules, only for them to be largely disjointed and slated to be promptly replaced. Saying it makes me suspect the pushback might have happened to give Crusade a better shelf life. And maybe explains the cut content so they could hustle it out as soon as possible for the same purpose.

Valrak scrubbed his channel? Might not be as close to the box as we hoped.

His video where he says "it's coming before Summer" and that he has "heard it's coming at Adepticon" (of course with a disclaimer) (

) is still up, so I'm still keeping my hope.

If it isn't revealed at Adepticon, then I still hope for at least a teaser (e.g.: Come back on X date/the new logo from Ka'bandha), but I won't be dissapointed if it's just a new FW mini.

Edited by Asbestress

if an announcement for the battle box/ heresy 2.0 is coming at Adepticon I'd expect a teaser trailer of some description in the coming weeks, they tend to hint at large releases like this in advance, especially if the rumours that this is gonna form a 3rd 'core' range alongside AoS & 40k are accurate (the "yet more is to come..." teaser at the end of the Khan's reveal trailer & the new logo sting when Kabanhda was revealed are already in that vein)

Last I heard from various discords and stuff is that people might actually be getting into legal trouble over the leaks.

If the leaks did come from a playtester then they would presumably have signed an NDA so...yeah...

Yup that is how those work! The person will be in trouble if they can trace it back to them. 

Remember many years ago with the Lord of the Rings trilogy, some sample discs got sent out (I think possibly for Cannes) prior to the film release. Everyone who received one had had to sign an agreement not to distribute, but one did find its way onto file sharing websites. I remember seeing a copy many years later and 'for your consideration' would occasionally appear at the bottom of the screen. Even though they had sent out a couple of hundred discs apparently they did trace it back to the person who had leaked it and I know they were facing jail time (I'm not sure if that actually happened in the end). 

This won't be as serious as in that case the legal prosecution could have pointed to large volumes of lost revenue as a result of the leak, but I'm guessing someone would lose their job at the very least. 

Just thinking about it, I can't remember the last time there was a direct leak from playtesting like this? Obviously lots of stuff filters out about most GW releases, but I can't remember seeing what appear to be direct pages from the rulebook in near final form leaked out like this?

Just thinking about it, I can't remember the last time there was a direct leak from playtesting like this? Obviously lots of stuff filters out about most GW releases, but I can't remember seeing what appear to be direct pages from the rulebook in near final form leaked out like this?

The eldar stuff. Playtesters were leaking rules all through December, often with commentary.

Seeing actual leaks and rumours brings me back to 2015 and 2016 where garro and Atia would get some scoops and build excitement for the heresy day for the full rules.

Last I heard from various discords and stuff is that people might actually be getting into legal trouble over the leaks.

If the leaks did come from a playtester then they would presumably have signed an NDA so...yeah...

Yup that is how those work! The person will be in trouble if they can trace it back to them. 

Remember many years ago with the Lord of the Rings trilogy, some sample discs got sent out (I think possibly for Cannes) prior to the film release. Everyone who received one had had to sign an agreement not to distribute, but one did find its way onto file sharing websites. I remember seeing a copy many years later and 'for your consideration' would occasionally appear at the bottom of the screen. Even though they had sent out a couple of hundred discs apparently they did trace it back to the person who had leaked it and I know they were facing jail time (I'm not sure if that actually happened in the end). 

This won't be as serious as in that case the legal prosecution could have pointed to large volumes of lost revenue as a result of the leak, but I'm guessing someone would lose their job at the very least. 

One quick thing to add is the laws governing contracts in the leaker's country of residence could impact the legal problems they'd face beyond losing the job for breaking the NDA. I raise this since it's probable the beta testers may live around the world, meaning GW would need to draft contracts that operate within the confines of contract law for each individual's country.

Hopefully this won't have the same result as the WHFB Vampire Counts leak from years ago. GW stopped all external playtessting and it really showed in the quality of subsequent releases.

I've not checked a wide range of kits, but I have noticed that Justaerin went up in price from £42 to £49.50, which is around an 18% increase. I thought that resin kits were only going up by 10%?

The eldar stuff. Playtesters were leaking rules all through December, often with commentary.

Seeing actual leaks and rumours brings me back to 2015 and 2016 where garro and Atia would get some scoops and build excitement for the heresy day for the full rules.

Okay well I had completely missed that!

My word. Had to wait till this Weds to make an order and Jaghatai Kahn being £92.50 is really hard to swallow. I mean nearly £100 for a Primarch is actually kinda bonkers.

£46 for a basic Deimos Rhino is kinda depressing! Man I hope we get a plastic one at some point.

Edited by TheFirstKnight

Wow just checked Angron who released at £50 and is now £73.50

They needed to recoup the moulds and dev time of that 10 year old model lol. Definitely not a series of gouges when it actually costs pennies of material to manufacture since the infrastructure has been in place for a decade.

Ooof...

The Rhino price is horrific (as are the Aurox for poor Militia, but at least that's a complete resin kit) and they don't do the bundle anymore that saves at least a little cash.

So glad I picked up Magnus second hand as I only really wanted him for the diorama.