State of the Union (Heresy)

Ooof...

The Rhino price is horrific (as are the Aurox for poor Militia, but at least that's a complete resin kit) and they don't do the bundle anymore that saves at least a little cash.

So glad I picked up Magnus second hand as I only really wanted him for the diorama.

Aye, and if you want the Legion specific doors, your basic troop transport is now £59. I wouldn't mind, I preferred the Mars pattern doors that went on the plastic Rhinos, but obviously they discontinued those :rolleyes:

Checked this morning to see how much everything was up on both FW and GW.

ouch... definitely going to make me reconsider/cancel some projects...

I also saw this below, which I can't recall seeing on the online store before.  Not sure what to make of it or how much to read into it, but if it is some way of buying multiple turrets/weapon options for tanks, I would love being able to buy multiple sicaran turret variants and one hull.

Screenshot 2022

Or its nothing, just their buggy website. Who knows?

I had picked up a few of those Mars pattern doors before they went out, enough for a couple DA Rhinos and a SW Rhino. Really liked how those turned out.

Rhinos in general were cheap then, could get the plastic one for like $28 on ebay + the $18 or whatever for the doors from FW.

For Deimos Rhinos, that has to inevitably be one they make the jump to plastic in the near term. The kit comes in one of their largest packaging boxes, which means it must significantly punch above its weight in warehouse costs. That's an obvious optimization if they can halve its shelf space, down to something like an impulsor size.

I had picked up a few of those Mars pattern doors before they went out, enough for a couple DA Rhinos and a SW Rhino. Really liked how those turned out.

Rhinos in general were cheap then, could get the plastic one for like $28 on ebay + the $18 or whatever for the doors from FW.

For Deimos Rhinos, that has to inevitably be one they make the jump to plastic in the near term. The kit comes in one of their largest packaging boxes, which means it must significantly punch above its weight in warehouse costs. That's an obvious optimization if they can halve its shelf space, down to something like an impulsor size.

yeah its also one they have already designed in CAD as its the same model as the sisters Rhino. just with less gubbins. 

Could as well just be postulation.

All of those sorts of boxes have been dropping in June (Indomitus, Dominion), so that's the biggest conjecture.

Right now, I certainly am also expecting June for that reason.

If I had to wager:

Boxed Set, Spartan, Rhino and a tank of some kind. They have the files for plastic Deimos Rhinos so it wouldnt be too much of a stretch for plastic 30k Predators, I guess?

So that would be:
2x Generic HQs

Big chunk of Mk VI Marines

Some Terminators

New Plastic Contemptor that doesnt suck

Big Transport

Small Transport

Battle Tank

...although a Plastic Sicaran would literally print money.

All of this as a "First Wave" release so Boxed set first then like 1-2 months later, the tanks and stuff or whatever as they put the individual parts of the boxed set up for sale.

Edited by Slips

Seperate kits wise, plastic demios predator, I hope so. The leaked unit entry had some spicy options which would be better in a plastic kit IMO. Not sure about plastic sicaran right away, makes sense to knock out all the rhino chassis vehicles first- preds, scorpius, both vindi's and rhino first up. Also plastic Mk IIB land raider makes a lot of sense to move to plastic straight away since its mostly plastic already. 

Im mostly hoping the Heresy plastic range does not include an arbitrary price bump over the 40k kits just because its replacing resin, or, like in the case of Sisters of Silence just for the lols :/ 

Still time before release to change your mind 15-16 times about what Legion you want to represent with those new plastic marines :)

only 15-16 times? For me it just depends on what book I’m reading at the moment lol.

As far as plastic kits go, I’m hoping the rumour for every armour mark are true, I have plans for each of them. I’d also like breachers and assault marines in plastic preferably in plastic too. Ideally for every mark but I can’t see it, so maybe just resin upgrade kits for each new plastic kit

I think bringing out plastic tanks is a must. If they sold a plastic rhino chassis and then you could buy the predator/whirlwind/vindicator resin upgrade from Forgeworld that’d be perfect. Realistically if the leaked predator stat sheet is correct the only way we’d have that many options is with resin upgrades. Doing this for every multi use chassis would be the way to go in my eyes

Im mostly hoping the Heresy plastic range does not include an arbitrary price bump over the 40k kits just because its replacing resin, or, like in the case of Sisters of Silence just for the lols :/ 

ah yes the "we are passing the saving onto you by raising prices 10%" maneuver. 

Hey guys, guys remember when finecast replaced metals and the reasoning was its cheaper than metal so there would be savings, then finecast was more expensive than the metals they replaced and some of those metals were so good their replacements still can't measure up till this day? Biggest flex was a guy at my old LGS who had a big GK army with all the infantry in metals. 

Still time before release to change your mind 15-16 times about what Legion you want to represent with those new plastic marines :)

only 15-16 times? For me it just depends on what book I’m reading at the moment lol.

As far as plastic kits go, I’m hoping the rumour for every armour mark are true, I have plans for each of them. I’d also like breachers and assault marines in plastic preferably in plastic too. Ideally for every mark but I can’t see it, so maybe just resin upgrade kits for each new plastic kit

I think bringing out plastic tanks is a must. If they sold a plastic rhino chassis and then you could buy the predator/whirlwind/vindicator resin upgrade from Forgeworld that’d be perfect. Realistically if the leaked predator stat sheet is correct the only way we’d have that many options is with resin upgrades. Doing this for every multi use chassis would be the way to go in my eyes

Frankly, I would not be opposed to redoing my 34 Assault Marines if they got a resculpt that makes them look like they didn’t skip leg day.

Still time before release to change your mind 15-16 times about what Legion you want to represent with those new plastic marines :smile.:

Frankly, I would not be opposed to redoing my 34 Assault Marines if they got a resculpt that makes them look like they didn’t skip leg day.

I prefer taller, streamlined/ sleek looking marines in power armour that isn't mk III. Leave the brute thicc style for termi's and Mk III. 

Still time before release to change your mind 15-16 times about what Legion you want to represent with those new plastic marines :smile.:

I prefer taller, streamlined/ sleek looking marines in power armour that isn't mk III. Leave the brute thicc style for termi's and Mk III. 

Sure, they don't have to be hefty like MKIIIs or the MKII assault version. But the current sculpts at least need a baseline upgrade to the same proportions as the plastic MKIVs. And having been working with the Angel's Tears and Dawnbreakers, which have been a lot of fun to paint, I think it's definitely possible to produce MKIV Assault Marines that feel heftier and streamlined at the same time. 

Sure, they don't have to be hefty like MKIIIs or the MKII assault version. But the current sculpts at least need a baseline upgrade to the same proportions as the plastic MKIVs. And having been working with the Angel's Tears and Dawnbreakers, which have been a lot of fun to paint, I think it's definitely possible to produce MKIV Assault Marines that feel heftier and streamlined at the same time. 

I hear you, I just have a hard time seeing GW get it right which is a worry for me.