State of the Union (Heresy)

Heresy 2.0 is official along with plastic beakies and SoH Praetor. The WarCom article hints at a tank.

unknown.png

unknown.png

If I had to wager what the new tank was.

Looking at my own Sicaran this is similar in hull shape but has some key elements that make it different:

-Drivers position and the angle of the compartments glacis

-Gun that is above where the hull mounted HB would be on a sicaran and underneath the turret (which looks to be a lascannon)

• Per the image where they are seen with Horus, there might be 1 lascannon to either side of the hull in addition to the sponsons?
Edited by Slips

yeah like I said in the news & rumours thread, pretty sure the tank in the trailer is the Kratos Assault Tank mentioned in the leaks, as you can see two hull mounted weapons just under the turret and a pair of sponsons

The Kratos is a new heavy tank that has a turret battle cannon/melta cannon/volkite turret with 4 weapons across the turret and sponsons, mostly autocannons, heavy bolters, and volkite culverins

It finally happened! An ackowledgement!

In hindsight I'm wondering if they had a contract with Adepticon to reveal it there and that's why they didn't say anything sooner. Or it was just GW being GW.

Doesn't matter now, the important part is that Heresy is back, baby!!!

I'm not sold on the Praetor but he does have a certain Blanche vibe that hits the nostalgia buttons. Will be very interested to see how adaptable he is though - I can see the bones of a Warsmith in there. Just needs himself a pretty hammer and a knot-less top.

Edited by Corswain

Amazing. Great preview and looks like there will be a full hype programme leading up to a May pre-order and June release? 

The line about generic kits moving over to plastic is also great news - honestly didn't expect this and it indicates a pretty significant level of support for Heresy 2.0.

Already seen some snark online about scale creep etc. which really proves that some people can be grumpy about anything.

I'm looking forward to seeing how much back peddling we will see from Gorgoff with this announcement.

As for the reveal itself, the trailer was great, really set the scene for a new relaunch.

The models look fantastic, better proportioned, more menacing, especially that Preator. 

New articles every thursday? Sign me up 

That cinematic was awesome! Very nicely done. Maybe Horus looked a bit clean-cut for my liking (maybe that's my own grognard ideas going from the original Adrian Smith piece with the Emperor looking like a native American! :) ) Suitable 'man smokes 100 Marlboro Reds a day' voice though!

Great to hear that the rules are an evolution, rather than a revolution. 

Miniature pics - I guess we could have hoped for more, but at least we know what is coming from previous leaks! And a new boxset is fantastic news, it will mean a fresh blood transfusion for the 28mm 30k hobby community. 

The kratos seems to have a lot of guns…. I’m hoping this isn’t a sign of things to come like 40k where every new marine tank has as many guns as possible

Have it on good authority from a friend that was in attendance that they've stated launch will be focused on the Legiones Astartes - further rules support for Mechanicum, Imperialis Militia and so forth will come later on.

Running through further updates;

• "everything in the boxset is in the trailer, but not everything in the trailer is in the boxset"
  • hinted that a Corrupted Horus model is coming soon-ish, but didn't comment directly (lines up with Simon Egan's plans)
  • WH+ may do a HH series - no firm commitments. Flagged it would be a waste if they didn't as they already have animation-ready models and so forth.
Edited by Joe

The kratos seems to have a lot of guns…. I’m hoping this isn’t a sign of things to come like 40k where every new marine tank has as many guns as possible

Obviously will reserve judgement until it comes out / the kit is revealed in full but if it is approaching super-heavy in size then I don't think that will be too many? The Fellblade and Glaive have ridiculously good secondary weapon options for example.

Now I've got to decide whether I look at keeping my two boxes of BaC, one BoP and the various other models I've got.

I suppose if they do release the other armour marks in upscaled form I can sprinkle them throughout to represent the fact Astartes aren't identical.

I knew there was a reason I hadn't gotten round to painting anything.

Amazing. Great preview and looks like there will be a full hype programme leading up to a May pre-order and June release? 

The line about generic kits moving over to plastic is also great news - honestly didn't expect this and it indicates a pretty significant level of support for Heresy 2.0.

Already seen some snark online about scale creep etc. which really proves that some people can be grumpy about anything.

I love the new releases, but scale creep cuts deep into the worst of my ocd. I'd rather have scale creep than lack of models though.

Newer vehicles like the Arquitor and the sabre sadly move towards this trend of making everything "new" instead of elegantly recycling what's already there. Specifically when it comes to making new weapons (Arquitor Morbus heavy bombard) instead of finding creative ways to use old ones (magna-melta in both predator and caestus ram). You end up with many weapons that exist only for a single unit and nothing else.

But make no mistake. I am hyped about 2.0, especially for the rumored legion rules rebook. Emperor knows the Dark Angels could use a chance to reset their wonky rules from book 9.

IMO there isn't much point in trying to guess the scale of new minis or make choices based on that guess yet. There has been so much talk about scale creep, re-scaling etc. over the last year or so and about half the time, concerns have been largely unfounded.

Even with similar promo images, we have no idea how the perspective and scaling of the photo itself have been edited in order to create a final, high definition promotional shot for use online. Overlaying different photos onto that Mk VI marine can help is guess, but ultimately it could simply be that the miniature has been blown up slightly or the photo of it taken from a different distance than other images etc.

If we're going to do photo wizardy, lets try and get as many shots of the Kratos from the trailer as possible :cool.:

Hm, I'm of two minds about this. I started an Ultramarines heresy army a couple of years ago with the two plastic boxed sets of Calth and Prospero. Tbh, most of it is still in various assembly stages, because shortly after 40k relaunched with 8th and the player base vanished. 

Now we get HH 2.0 (finally), but they modify the scale. I know, the proportions on the beaky are better. But I really dislike scale creep - especially if it's a jum in scale compared to firstborn and Primaris, which I will never combine in one army. Also, I'm really not a fan of beakies - most of my unbuilt marine bits from the last 25 years of hobby are beaky marines in various iterations of the tactical squad kit. I love Mk 3 and 4 and 5 in some depictions. 

I love the new praetor, though, I think he looks pretty cool. That gorget gives him a lot of chunk, I feel. 

And then there's the trailer. It's cool overall, great visuals, great scenes. It lacks narrative focus, though. But overall very cool and quite gutsy to go with a Horus depiction. 

I'm a bit nervous about how I'll feel about the switch to the overall plastic range and how it will invalidate all the models I have acquired. But I can't argue that going plastic and making models look cool per say aren't bad things. :)

The new tank is bigger than a Spartan (as seen in the high wide angle shot of the warlord shooting missiles you can see a Spartan shooting a Kratos top left). And I need 2 of them.

IMO there isn't much point in trying to guess the scale of new minis or make choices based on that guess yet. There has been so much talk about scale creep, re-scaling etc. over the last year or so and about half the time, concerns have been largely unfounded.

Even with similar promo images, we have no idea how the perspective and scaling of the photo itself have been edited in order to create a final, high definition promotional shot for use online. Overlaying different photos onto that Mk VI marine can help is guess, but ultimately it could simply be that the miniature has been blown up slightly or the photo of it taken from a different distance than other images etc.

If we're going to do photo wizardy, lets try and get as many shots of the Kratos from the trailer as possible :cool.:

When you can align the 32mm bases 1:1 then you can do the overlays fine.

The scale is very much in line with tortuga bay/recent plastic can. Very much out of line with the original resin sculpts and can lead to a huge disparity.

Love that trailer.

The praetor though. Not my cup of tea.

Same here, on both fronts.  Trailer is nice. I get they're trying to sell the beakie box with it, the huge abundance of it in the trailer just feels "out of place" to my sensibilities.  I digress, nice to have some "thematic" media around the Heresy~

I do not like the praetor at all though, I get the same vibes I did with Rann. Lots of AoS aesthetics bleeding through to override the mechanical pragmaticism of 30k galaxy-scale-warfare power armor. Huge pauldrons,the weapon size... whoof. Same problems as Rann, to me.

</justmytwocents>

Love that trailer.

The praetor though. Not my cup of tea.

Same here, on both fronts. Trailer is nice. I get they're trying to sell the beakie box with it, the huge abundance of it in the trailer just feels "out of place" to my sensibilities. I digress, nice to have some "thematic" media around the Heresy~

I do not like the praetor at all though, I get the same vibes I did with Rann. Lots of AoS aesthetics bleeding through to override the mechanical pragmaticism of 30k galaxy-scale-warfare power armor. Huge pauldrons,the weapon size... whoof. Same problems as Rann, to me.

</justmytwocents>

Same. The Praetor is ugly and unfitting. If that thing is on the starter Box I'll sell it and that's about it.

I really wish the Crusade and Heresy admin didn’t have such a stick up his ass about the leaks. Feel like I’m at work with trying to figure out what I can and can’t talk about on that page which makes it annoying to try and chat about the new stuff.

Very excited for this as I just finished my Centurion MKVI Firewing force.