Warhawk by Chris Wraight

So Sirens did exist in Ancient Terra. Strange that a Nurgle Daemon compared Nurgle's corruption to their call. Felt more of a Slaanesh things.

I'm pretty sure they're actual creatures that lived on Terra at some point, yes. They are probably psychic. I highly suspect that in WH40k canon a lot of ancient tales of beasts and monsters are legit and there used to be warp-influenced creatures on Old Earth. Maybe sirens, like navigators, were a kind of mutant?

Anyway, I loved Warhawk. I hope we see some more Death Guard from Wraight again soon, and I appreciate the effort he made at tying their uneven Heresy story threads together.

I feel like if Chris Wraight was gonna do a Lords of Silence 2, he would've done it by now. Part of me wonders if the book was more about him getting to grips with the Death Guard in preparation for Warhawk + pumping out a Chaos Space Marine novel close to whatever Death Guard release there was in 2018

Wraight’s a busy guy, but whenever he gets asked on Twitter he says he’d like to do a sequel.

Wraight's got so many projects to juggle, I'd expect a lack of desire or inspiration for a sequel to be at the bottom of the list of reasons why there hasn't been another book yet. Just look at the Wolves trilogy, which didn't fit into his schedule, and needed reassessment due to the fluff changes, but happened eventually. Honestly, I'm more confident in Chris getting around to writing the stuff he says he would like to than ADB or Abnett.

And let's not forget that even the second Agusto Zidarov novel for Warhammer Crime hasn't fit into his schedule yet.

Since Lords of Silence, he's written a bunch:

Vaults of Terra: The Hollow Mountain

Watchers of the Throne: The Regent's Shadow

Warhammer Crime: Bloodlines

The Helwinter Gate

Valdor: Birth of the Imperium and

Warhawk

On top of that a bunch of short stories, some of which tie directly into the novels. Work on some of the sequels seems to be happening in the background already, too. He may not be as prolific as Haley, but he's got plenty on his plate

• 3 months later...