New Imperial Fists Praetors!

Those Praetors really do look good, I don't need this kind of temptation.

However I noticed on the Terminator one that they are still calling his armour Cataphractii, isn't it Tartaros?

Edit: Noticed it in the key features bit but they also mention it in the description too.

A-ha! Oh man I can see the sticklers having a field day with the "see, fans know more about HH than FW!" comments.

Rumor that I heard/saw somewhere around here was for Siege of Terra being the setting for the forthcoming HH reboot/boxed game. This would pretty much confirm that.

They need to lockdown the nostalgia market and give away the Heresy card tile game of the teleport assault on the Vengeful Spirit they did before in White Dwarf

Those Praetors really do look good, I don't need this kind of temptation.

However I noticed on the Terminator one that they are still calling his armour Cataphractii, isn't it Tartaros?

Edit: Noticed it in the key features bit but they also mention it in the description too.

A-ha! Oh man I can see the sticklers having a field day with the "see, fans know more about HH than FW!" comments.

It's more a "oh, the fans know more than the GW media team does". I bet the designers at FW groaned as well when they saw cataphractii in the article...

I ordered my resin crack as well!

I was hoping there would be some additional weapon options for them though. While the power armor version looks great, that empty hand is just screaming to be full. I realize all it would take is some kit-bashing and such, but it’s always great to have more bits for the bits god. 

I think they hit the right amount of Fist-specific bling without being drowned in it the way the Ultramarines ones do. I wouldn't say I love them but I do think they're very good, particularly the Terminator.

Really curious what they do with the Death Guard and whether they lean more on the 'vanilla' side or really get into the respirator/chemical projector look.

Which Legions are down a Praetor now?

• Iron Hands
  • Iron Warriors
  • World Eaters
  • Death Guard
  • Raven Guard
  • Salamanders
  • Emperor's Children
  • Space Wolves (power armour)
  • Thousand Sons (power armour)
Edited by Lord Marshal

I’m particularly excited to see what they do with the Emperors Children and Raven Guard Praetors. They’re on a roll with them at the moment so I’ve high hopes for the remaining legions.

I'm a bit wary when it comes to tge Emperor's Children, mainly because I feel their special units sculpts are probably some of the absolute best marines Fw have sculpted, with a lot of very fine details, which CAD-designed models sometimes struggle to replicate.

On the other hand, it's one of those armies I've always wanted but never pulled the trigger on (still have to go through Imperial Fists, Great Crusade Imperial Heralds and Anvil Industries proxy Auxilia), but some great Praetors sculpts might convince me to collect a small detachment (Loyalist EC, needless to say).

I feel like they've upscaled these guys too much, Custodes are going to be the same size as them based on that image.

IIRC the old resin tartaros terminators were always on the small side (not sure if that's resin in the pic though).  Especially the DG death shroud termies.

Personally I'm really loving the scale of these new ones!  Again, I can't WAIT to see what they do with Iron Hands.

He's plastic.

The power armoured Praetor looks to be about a head taller than the Terminator. They’re going to look completely silly on the same table as any existing army.

Hard to view this as anything other than Primaris-scaled Firstborn for 40k through the backdoor.

Edited by Dam13n

The power armoured Praetor looks to be about a head taller than the Terminator. They’re going to look completely [snip]

Please don't use that word. It's a slur. Thanks.

Also, the Praetor will be larger than Alexis Polux. Or should proxy as new Polux at this rate, basically.

The power armoured Praetor looks to be about a head taller than the Terminator. They’re going to look completely silly on the same table as any existing army.

Hard to view this as anything other than Primaris-scaled Firstborn for 40k through the backdoor.

About the same size as the Chaos Lord. I have no objection to the scale increase as I hate the look of the current tubular Lord.