DA - 1000pts Deathwing

Greatings, brothers.

As many of us, there has been little play due COVID-19.

Soon I get my second jab and are ready to rumble.

Fielding my Lion guard (Deathwing) in my FLGS

++ HQ ++

Belial

Lib TDA - Engulfing Fear, Minde wipe, SB

++ ELITE ++

2 DW Command Squad - 2xTH/SS

1 DW Ancient - TH/SS, Pennant of Remembrance

1 DW Chief Apothecary - Selfless Healer

5 DW Knights

5 DW Squad - SB/PS, SB/CF, PC/PF, 2xLC, SB/PF

As it was a long time since I played, do you have any tips on how to field this guys?

Who is going to walk with who?

Appreciate inputs

• 2 weeks later...

Seems like too many characters and not enough bodies. I would dump the ancient.  

I would also hesitate to take DWK at this level.  They brutally crush anything they touch...once.  That's IF they manage to charge, which isn't at all reasonably likely without a master of sanctity to give them +2".  And then, lacking guns and moving slightly faster than pond water, they do nothing else for the rest of the game except lock down an objective.  That's a horribly inefficient use of 1/4 of your points. Same goes for the command squad.  If you can't force the enemy into melee, you have to be able to shoot him down.  Six stormbolters and a plasma cannon is nowhere near enough shooting for a 1k game.

Actually, not a fan of fielding just 5 DWK in the first place.  The sergeant's flail is useless, so the unit as a whole is only 80% efficient at smashing face.  Also, although this isn't really the case at 1000 points, just five of them would have questionable staying power.  At 2k, where I play, 7-8 is the right number, both in terms of how many maces they bring and in terms of surviving the battle without wasting points on more bodies than you really need.

I would ditch the ancient and put a stormbolter on every model that doesn't have a plasma cannon.  2-3 Plasma cannons and around a dozen stormbolters would really make this list more playable.  As currently conceived, you'll spend the entire game playing cat and mouse with shooty enemies that can't hang with you in melee, but don't have to, or camping objectives while they whittle you down with shooting before swamping you with bodies.

Edited by march10k