Model for a Salamander Captain ?

L30n1d4s

Does anyone else think the Lord-Commander Carthalos in this WarCom article could be the basis for an incredible Salamander Captain/Chapter Master conversion?

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2021/07/03/warhammer-preview-online-dominion-celebration/

(Sorry, couldn't figure out how to post the actual picture here)

Edited by L30n1d4s

I do think it's a great model, but I to be honest with you most Stormcast > Astartes conversions I see just don't look like Space Marines, they look like Stormcasts with Bolters and backpacks. The two are, IMO, only superficially similar and the amount of work a Stormcast model requires to make it look convincingly like a Space Marine is extensive enough that you'd almost be better off just trying to replicate the pose with an Intercessor as the base.

• 1 month later...

I do think it's a great model, but I to be honest with you most Stormcast > Astartes conversions I see just don't look like Space Marines, they look like Stormcasts with Bolters and backpacks. The two are, IMO, only superficially similar and the amount of work a Stormcast model requires to make it look convincingly like a Space Marine is extensive enough that you'd almost be better off just trying to replicate the pose with an Intercessor as the base.

Inclined to agree for the most part.

The only ones I've seen that look good are Blood Angels Sanguinary Guard conversions because they have more ornate armor to start with.