Black Templar Teaser and Rumors

Acebaur

Y’all better buy the cuss out of this release. IP policy is temporary. Yes it’s been handled badly but those decisions can be changed, amended, softened, etc.

We have been waiting AGES for a release. Models are forever. We need people to buy the cuss out of this or we will get squatted again.

Personally I've been thinking of sending them an email every time I buy one of their new Black Templar releases, something positive so as not to sour the whole thing but with enough info in the message to make them realize that not giving us anything for 10 years was a mistake and prove them that we are a good army to support and should keep supporting.

Y’all better buy the cuss out of this release. IP policy is temporary. Yes it’s been handled badly but those decisions can be changed, amended, softened, etc.

We have been waiting AGES for a release. Models are forever. We need people to buy the cuss out of this or we will get squatted again.

No worries, my bank account is getting dumped for this.

Just want to say every batrep I’ve watched featuring BT they has won. Our faction is not shabby by any means.

I've been saying this since indomitus released. I've literally been crushing my local meta since BGV and Assault Intercessors became a thing.

I don't understand why everyone seems so outraged by GWs IP protection policies. It's almost like everyone feels entitled to help themselves the the IP that GW has built up over 40 years. It's not like they ask for anything more than what is specifically written in the law. The law which was designed specifically to protect brands like GW who have spent years creating their own universe and narrative. What would GW have if not for the sole right to produce material related to 40k? I mean noone gets angry at JK Rowling or Tolkien for not allowing us to make Harry Potter and lotr movies and sell them for profit.

Let's be 100% clear on the most important detail here. IP only prevents people from making financial gain from reproducing material. GW can't and don't stop people making free content, but if someone wants to create a proxy model, a movie based off WH lore and then sell it or use it to gain subscriptions, advertising money etc... That's entirely reasonable. They pay people full time wages to right the lore and produce material for us to enjoy. It would be stupid of them to allow people to do it for their own gain. It would also be irresponsible because GW has an obligation to look after the interests of the shareholders and although we all hate to think of it as a corporate, profit-driven organisation. That's what it is and because of that it has survived this long and is thriving. If GW weren't as good at business as they are there would be no way we would get all the beautiful content we get, including our much anticipated BT release.

I think people have it twisted and we as a community need to realise we are actually in the wrong in this regard. GW is not being dishonest or unfair by protecting their IP. Sure I want free content but that's just not how it works.

Do you think GW will make another preview for templars? I couldn't see them dropping a regular community post for the rumored amount of models.

Seems too big a reveal.

Do you think GW will make another preview for templars? I couldn't see them dropping a regular community post for the rumored amount of models.

Seems too big a reveal.

Yeah I agree with this. The return of the Templars is a big deal and this is also the first wave of chapter-specific Primaris units. Would expect an online preview

We will definitely be part of the next preview, we already know everything about Kill Team, Orks and Thousand Sons/Grey Knights, they just need to release all those things. What they need to preview next is show what the Black Templar teaser is actually about and the new Octarius Warzone book. 

Personally I've been thinking of sending them an email every time I buy one of their new Black Templar releases, something positive so as not to sour the whole thing but with enough info in the message to make them realize that not giving us anything for 10 years was a mistake and prove them that we are a good army to support and should keep supporting.

I can pretty much guarantee you that this will be answered by a customer service representative and go no further. If it makes you feel good then go for it, but there's virtually no way that they report on anything except the volume of emails, how many are complaints, and if those complaints are resolved satisfactorily. The bigwigs who make the decisions about faction support will see the number of units shipped and how many repeat orders are made, and make those choices based almost exclusively on that information. 

Valrak said yesterday on stream that Sword Brethren dont have access to Storm shields.

I think its clear to have a difference between BGV and Swordbrethren but to be honest,

If they are just Veterans with options to better weapons it will be wasted. 

Everything what makes our units good is movement --> means devot push and Jump packs.

BGV are not competitive anymore... although they have almost a better statline then Vanguard Veterans except a jump pack.

I think they need a lot more special rules to make them good - even in this Meta when Orks, SoB, AdMech and Drukhari will be that good.

Maybe they will be as fanatic as the SoB --> Repentia Space Marines (which would not fit the lore because SB are the elite, Repentia are sinner).

Or GW makes them to Khorneberserkers. For GW we used to be a chapter who doesnt matter of getting killed when the job is done. So maybe charge after advance and fight twice could be their special thing. With Invulves on our tanks it could be worth it.

Crusadersquads are maybe good enough for being cheap and have obsec (but with neophytes we will always have more then 5 models what is bad in this edition). 

I hope we will see options for more close combat. 

Vehicles with Invulves said Valrak in another stream... 

Valrak said yesterday on stream that Sword Brethren dont have access to Storm shields.

I think its clear to have a difference between BGV and Swordbrethren but to be honest,

Everything what makes our units good is movement --> means devot push and Jump packs.

BGV are not competitive anymore... although they have almost a better statline then Vanguard Veterans except a jump pack.

I think they need a lot more special rules to make them good - even in this Meta when Orks, SoB, AdMech and Drukhari will be that good.

Maybe they will be as fanatic as the SoB --> Repentia Space Marines (which would not fit the lore because SB are the elite, Repentia are sinner).

Or GW makes them to Khorneberserkers. For GW we used to be a chapter who doesnt matter of getting killed when the job is done. So maybe charge after advance and fight twice could be their special thing. With Invulves on our tanks it could be worth it.

Crusadersquads are maybe good enough for being cheap and have obsec (but with neophytes we will always have more then 5 models what is bad in this edition). 

Yeah, my most burning question has been, what are they going to do with with the Crusader Squads and Sword Brethren (assuming latter are elite, which is already an extremely heavily contested force org slot) that are going to make me want to take them over assault intercessors or BGV/Aggressors?

Very interested to see the direction GW takes here. 

Edit: Just thought, if vehicles are truly going to get invulnerable, and we are meant to be the mech assault based chapter (as we originally were), then we actually might be in trouble. 

If this turns out to be the case, and we don't see any sort of rule or strat that would both let us charge out of transports after the transport has moved, and give us more flexibility on casting litanies, it could be DoA. 

The invulnerable would at a minimum need to be a 5++ applied to any piece of armor we fielded in order to have it make any sort of impact, but I don't see that happening. 

Edited by Trignama

It always depends on how we get our invul. If its for points then I dont think it will be as good as it sounds. Even 4++ would be too expensive for 25 points. And because the 5++ for a impulsor is 15 points - I think each Tank will get this treatment and seems fair priced ( Fair means not good enough because vehicle are that bad that they need an huge buff ). 

If its a vow then it could be a very dangerous terrain just to get 6+++ which is quite the worst scenario. Even a upgrade for points would be better becaus you dont have to take it and you have 4 vows to take ---> with 6+++ Vow its a waste for an option and we have just 3 vows left.

If its an improvement for a invulve save like +1 to all invulves and 6+++ if there is no INV. then we will see just Impulsors and a lot of stormshield - means no Sword Brethren or Crusader squad.

To see it clearly --> while GW mostly make a few new things bad there is no codex with new units which are bad. 

Sororita wannebe terminators are bad but their new character is totally OP. And the Stratagems in general are quiet really good.

I am convinced that we will be better then before, but how much better. Just a bit better because the whole army gets better but nerfed because Devot push is taken away or even Admech / SoB level? I dont expect to loose power.

There are a few things which could be possible for us:

SoB treatment --> before the miracle dice and Repentias + Multimeltasquads was on top then elite sisters with additional movement + MW stratagem and new char

would be --> devot push + vv and 5+++ / terminators ---> maybe very similar stratagems in close combat and additional movement for Sword brethren ( which show us how zealous they are)...

It could be the Ork treatment when everything which was good before is opposite and even the mechanics are so different ( moral seems to be a huge problem for orks what i have heard so far) ... then everything good is replaced by better units. And the new units are insane.

Or the Dark Angels treatment... everything is close to what it used to be but a lot of things will be insane good / good things stay good and bad things getting very insane too.

Hopefully they playtestet

Edited by Medjugorje

It always depends on how we get our invul. If its for points then I dont think it will be as good as it sounds. Even 4++ would be too expensive for 25 points. And because the 5++ for a impulsor is 15 points - I think each Tank will get this treatment and seems fair priced ( Fair means not good enough because vehicle are that bad that they need an huge buff ). 

If its a vow then it could be a very dangerous terrain just to get 6+++ which is quite the worst scenario. Even a upgrade for points would be better becaus you dont have to take it and you have 4 vows to take ---> with 6+++ Vow its a waste for an option and we have just 3 vows left.

If its an improvement for a invulve save like +1 to all invulves and 6+++ if there is no INV. then we will see just Impulsors and a lot of stormshield - means no Sword Brethren or Crusader squad.

To see it clearly --> while GW mostly make a few new things bad there is no codex with new units which are bad. 

Sororita wannebe terminators are bad but their new character is totally OP. And the Stratagems in general are quiet really good.

I am convinced that we will be better then before, but how much better. Just a bit better because the whole army gets better but nerfed because Devot push is taken away or even Admech / SoB level? I dont expect to loose power.

There are a few things which could be possible for us:

SoB treatment --> before the miracle dice and Repentias + Multimeltasquads was on top then elite sisters with additional movement + MW stratagem and new char

would be --> devot push + vv and 5+++ / terminators ---> maybe very similar stratagems in close combat and additional movement for Sword brethren ( which show us how zealous they are)...

It could be the Ork treatment when everything which was good before is opposite and even the mechanics are so different ( moral seems to be a huge problem for orks what i have heard so far) ... then everything good is replaced by better units. And the new units are insane.

Or the Dark Angels treatment... everything is close to what it used to be but a lot of things will be insane good / good things stay good and bad things getting very insane too.

Hopefully they playtestet

I mean whatever the direction, I'm sure we will figure it out. I'm more worried about core rule interactions with vehicles than anything else, because you are right, the way in which they would get an invulnerable, and what that invulnerable is, would basically make or break the book if GW decided to bring us back to our roots as a mech assault chapter. 

Just wanted to clarify, I asked valrak directly on his live stream not 5 minutes ago about this, and he stated that he NEVER said that BT vehicles are set to get invulnerables, and he has discussed no rules, because he doesn't know any of them. So it is possible something was just not interpreted correctly here. 

Edited by Trignama

had a conversation with a friend from the german WTC team. There are many very sad about how the Meta change at the moment. The gap from Drukhari, Admech, SoB and now Orks vs older books is that huge that some of them quit for a time. The main problem is that we have our codex and this it will not be changed. And even if we are on Dark Angel level (what SETE denied ) we have no chance and that will hurt a lot of new players to see how bad we are although we getting a new book.

The other hand - if GW wants us to compete then all other space marines player will hate us when our units will be that stronger as all other generic ones... 

At the moment I dont have a good feeling about this. My biggest hope is that there will be a Huge nerf for all newer factions. I think GW dont do this.  Maybe they create an OP codex to nerf it by plan to give us the feeling they want to fix the problem.

I point to the fact that the Laeroth has stated we need to adapt, pretty much meaning the impending release will change things around substantially. I say this, myself not knowing anything, but him obviously sitting on the book but sworn to secrecy beyond this cryptic tidbit. I just feel a lot of gear grinding here will be for nought when/if its found the fundamentals to current BT tactics has to be rethought entirely.

We'll see though.

Just wanted to clarify, I asked valrak directly on his live stream not 5 minutes ago about this, and he stated that he NEVER said that BT vehicles are set to get invulnerables, and he has discussed no rules, because he doesn't know any of them. So it is possible something was just not interpreted correctly here. 

I have it on cam. 

REALLY I HAVE IT. If you want give me your number..... I will send you.

btw--- i confronted Valrak for this .... he said he had forgotten all rules. He is just interested in models. I am not sure if he want to proteck his source an was not knowing how good BT fans consume everything they hear. Especially ME.  Or he is really just the Fluff/lore Fan  ( What I think it is because he really dont know what happen in the tournaments and meta and what is really good - never talk about rule XYZ from BT Index or even IF Supplement ... )

Edited by Medjugorje

I have it on cam. 

REALLY I HAVE IT. If you want give me your number..... I will send you.

btw--- i confronted Valrak for this .... he said he had forgotten all rules. He is just interested in models. I am not sure if he want to proteck his source an was not knowing how good BT fans consume everything they hear. Especially ME.  Or he is really just the Fluff/lore Fan  ( What I think it is because he really dont know what happen in the tournaments and meta and what is really good - never talk about rule XYZ from BT Index or even IF Supplement ... )

Hey it's all good man, we are all trying to make sense of a whirlwind of information coming from unofficial sources that we have no real way of looking into for truth. I'm not pointing fingers or blaming anyone, maybe he did say it and just forgot about it? 

I was just more trying to make a point to stop that rumor before it caught on is all, I wasn't attempting to point fingers, sorry if it came off that way. 

I point to the fact that the Laeroth has stated we need to adapt, pretty much meaning the impending release will change things around substantially. I say this, myself not knowing anything, but him obviously sitting on the book but sworn to secrecy beyond this cryptic tidbit. I just feel a lot of gear grinding here will be for nought when/if its found the fundamentals to current BT tactics has to be rethought entirely.

We'll see though.

I was saying to myself that I already commented on this and everyone so easily forgets. Lol

We'll see though.

I was saying to myself that I already commented on this and everyone so easily forgets. Lol

I wouldn't say that anyone "forgot" per say, just that "we will need to adapt" isn't a lot to go on and leaves a lot of room for interpretation (and understandably so).

I can't speak for everyone, but I figured things were going to change on release in one way or another and we are going to have to re-examine how we approach games with a new ruleset, so I think the future need to adapt is a given, not really a rumor lol.  

We'll see though.

I wouldn't say that anyone "forgot" per say, just that "we will need to adapt" isn't a lot to go on and leaves a lot of room for interpretation (and understandably so).

I can't speak for everyone, but I figured things were going to change on release in one way or another and we are going to have to re-examine how we approach games with a new ruleset, so I think the future need to adapt is a given, not really a rumor lol.

Not a rumor, just commentary on the Black Templars in the new book.