Black Templar Teaser and Rumors

Acebaur

Definitely excited for this and all the other stuff coming up!

Only things I don't love about this model is the greaves and the direction the sword is facing, both easy to change with a bit of work. 

"Going forwards, we’re looking at ways we can make sure you don’t miss out on other awesome box sets too. So if, for instance, there was a sweet new Black Templars launch box on the horizon (just imagine that!) then that also sounds like the sort of box we’d want to make sure you could all get your hands on."

"Going forwards, we’re looking at ways we can make sure you don’t miss out on other awesome box sets too. So if, for instance, there was a sweet new Black Templars launch box on the horizon (just imagine that!) then that also sounds like the sort of box we’d want to make sure you could all get your hands on."

where is this quote from?

Interesting details: Backpack knobs are old style, while it he's clearly using markX backpack with the round reactor.

Helmet has old style 'ear' details.

Gauntlets looks fantastic. Sword is fantastic. Chained sword. 

Leather straps on the greaves?

His "tabard" is apron style, just like the old models :tongue.: goes under the top chest plate like on blade guard (eh, its growing on me. He'll look fantastic next to my blade boyos)

Overall, I'm in love :wub:

regarding the old stuff mixed with new primaris elements, the feel i get is that theyve replaced parts of the armor that have become unsalvageable as a result of damage suffered during battle

There are so many cool nods to the old lore and design on this model, that it makes me so excited for the rest of the release.

• Plain chest plate: Clear Grimaldus reference
  • OG Red oath papers
  • The little buckles on the plates, indicates that they can fit on different sized marines and are quickly adjustable, as opposed to being bespoke to the individual marine, which ties in with the old lore that the Champion wasn't  given a specific set of armour called the Armour of Faith, they were given simply the best armour that the force has available to them, that armour becomes the Armour of Faith purely because the Champion is wearing it.
  • The relative lack of ornamentation is also relevant to that concept, it's not armour which has belonged to one marine for decades, bearing the history of their deeds, it's a set from the armoury, given to a marine who will not wear it for long before they find their doom, before going back into the vault.
  • The armour isn't entirely classic MkX, the greaves are more reminiscent of the 25th anniversary version, without kneepads, the helmet isn't a MKX as it lacks the little ears on the side, again indicating that it's old armour, chosen because it's the best available.
  • I really like the detailing on the elbow pads, it's subtly knightly without being OTT.