Black Templar Teaser and Rumors

Acebaur

Yeah I would have retained a bit more of the traditional flamer look, but I'm still reasonably pleased with it. I'm more interested in the little amor details to be honest. I've been wanting more minute variation like this for Mk. X armor since Primaris were first showcased; it's good to finally see it on grunts.

The shoulder pad looks extremely similiar to the one i got repeated across all of my tacticus armored marines... i do see some scroll work on the other ones, would really like a closer look on it

EDIT:

How much dmg do you all see on the weapon? My friends have mixed D1 and D2.

On my pc its D2 on my phone D2

D2

EDIT 2:

Article was changed. is D1 now.

Edited by Reinhard

It seems to me that maaaybe Crusader Squad will looking a bit like the old tactical marines ? Like this guy with the flamer is definitly from one so ! And I can't imagine a squad of Black Templar without Power Sword or ChainSword sooo maybe we will be able to mix our stuff like the firstborn.

Some rumor specification earlier stated the crusaders can freely choose between chainsword/heavy bolt pistol and auto bolt rifle and the flamer. Not sure about power weapons, but I'm expecting the at least the sword brother leader to take one.

Good to hear that I'll be able to repurpose my Assault Intercessors as Initiates.

While I can't say that I'm a fan of the standard Tacticus armour, the Primaris redesigns of weapons are extremely cool. I also like the studs on the plates on the arms and the backpack. I must say that I'm surprised how thick the chain is; I was hoping for a sleeker design, more alike the fine links on the old metal Veterans and Sword Brethren models.

I love it. I think it's nice that they came up with a new chest design in order to satisfy the people that want some bling and also satisfyt hose of us that know BT are the emblem of the Emperor and do not need to wear it. Other things I like about it:

The pose - doesn't look the least bit stressed or concerned. Just casually melting a horde of filthy xenos, what a beautiful day to purge.

Chain and Loincloth - I wasn't sure we would get the loincloth on our basic troops, it's a nice surprise as I customised my old ones to pretty much all wear tabards anyway.

The plates are unique enough without being ridiculous, after all they are troops and I want them to look nice and simple next to my elites and other units.

Looks very satisfying to paint. Easy enough with large accessible surfaces, but also enough to be entertaining and look good in the end.

Oof that downgrade to D1 hurts me.

Jokes on me I got too excited.

Trying to decide if I still want to shave off the chest adornments.

Otherwise comments on FB are half salamanders players crying salty tears.

Kinda fair enough in a way, imagine if our chapter tactic only worked with one type of weapon, and Space Wolves got it before we did?

Just because we're finally getting our toys, doesn't mean we should forget the hurt.

For the moment this is making me quite happy I didn't use any ETB models to start on Templars. I think they'd look rather plain.

I would love to have a rule for the Black Sword which is ignoring rules which ignore damgage. So that we dont use 3 phases (we just have 2 to deal damage) to kill things like Ghazhkull and C-Tan etc...

Or we get lot of Mortal wound mechanics like the holy grenade in the end of the movement phase to deal with them above and the emperors champion can ignore Invulves.

Isnt the black sword just a mastercrafted power sword? It shouldnt have anything like that imo. Nor should there be a rule like that imo, i think those rules are there not only to show how strong those models are in the lore, but so that on the table they arent immediately blown off. And an emperors isnt that strong

It's definitely not "just" a MC powersword. They are much more special than that and further they aren't even powerswords! I'll have to dig out the new fluff on it but they are rare and powerful blades

The fluff has changed over the years. I still like the original version, where there was an aspect of transubstantiation to it. Crusade fleet capital ships (where the Marshall would be found) had relic arms and armor, but if a brother had the visions while away from the rest of a Crusade they would anoint his armor and sword (and give him one if he didn't have one), and they would be the Armor of Faith and the Black Blade.

It’s an insane feeling for Templars to go from no love whatsoever to having a chapter-unique Primaris troop unit.

Every other chapter with a supplement just has the basic Primaris unit plus an upgrade sprue right? Even Space Wolves.

What a time to be a Templars player! I hope they made a lot of boxes.

You could argue there's the victrix guard (Calgar's 2 body guards). Then there's things like Death company intercessors, those don't have actual models though.

I guess so on the Victrix guard and there are many, many chapter specific Lieutenants. But getting Primaris crusaders and Sword Brethren before Primaris Grey Hunters or Sang Guard as examples seems very cool.

Liking it, few changes as always, but really only to the arms and upper grip. Needs to be vertical or at a 45 degree angle. Guessing it's not held from the bottom due to you generally won't be unleashing a torrent of flames from a aiming down the sights pose. 

Cut off the gun top handle, twist the wrist , glue. done. 

Shoulder pads good, helmet good, chest armour design good. Good. :smile.:

Edited by Eberious