Black Templar Teaser and Rumors

Acebaur

in the beast arises series ( just heard it ) there must be a part where a entire BT force (only infantry) is going to charge a big ork force...

As I heard this I thought on my Black Tide lists back in 6th edition ( short before desastrous SM Codex)

I had a game like this once around the same time. Everyone on foot, infantry of various types and one Dreadnought. I recall it was about an 2000pt army against green tide of the same points, same troops and one kan or similar. Straight battle lines, moving forward firing shots off until the lines met in the middle.

The carnage! glorious combat. Came down to a under strength unit of ork boys, the EC and a Chaplain. The Templars had pushed deep into the ork zone by the end of the game, I recall making it close to the other side. However, the EC and the Chaplain gave their lives to the Emperor that day but made the orks pay for it in blood every step of the way. 

Just a fun game with a mate, just for chainsword and giggles. 

Ouch that sucks Laeroth, hope everything turns alright for your source. 

Army wide 5++ would be awesome and would certainly make running 20 man infantry squads and tanks much more viable, Laser Destroyer Spartans/Land Raiders in general would be actually tough to shift! Dreadnoughts are amazing so those getting any buff would be the absolute dream. Whatever the changes are Im ready for them, unless its flyers cos I hate flyers.

Sorry guys, my main contact just told me no early leaks. They are getting a massive amount of heat from GW (and potentially legal action) about recent rules leaks on YouTube.

Good, I don't want leaks, we don't need them to know things are coming anymore, so let's just sit back and be as hyped as we were when the teaser dropped!

Sorry guys, my main contact just told me no early leaks. They are getting a massive amount of heat from GW (and potentially legal action) about recent rules leaks on YouTube.

Hence why I keep my mouth shut for the most part xD

But now that I have me boys in black coming, I have no more interested in digging for rumours.

The teases are more fun. Someone I ran into yesterday just said, when I mentioned that I play Templars that he'd heard our new rules are Legit. I'm ok with that.

Just want me some lore, and an answer to what colour assault intercessors trim is.

(My bet: black, because 'assault intercessors' won't be a term we use going forwards.)

This weekend's preorders are already known. Next weekend's preorders are probably GK/TS. There's not much else floating other than templars atm so we will know soon enough. I expect community articles/teasers about our boys in 3 weeks time.

Unrelated info: kill team 2.0 is either the first preorder of august, or GW considers it a low volume release internally. Only time will tell.

There were already rules leaks?

Where were these posted?

I wonder when GW will tease us with more drippings

I need rumors... And I want te be teased. I have to know what I should prepare first. Want build my lists now. I am so lazy when its about painting and if I have a bit more time it is better 

Where were these posted?

I need rumors... And I want te be teased. I have to know what I should prepare first. Want build my lists now. I am so lazy when its about painting and if I have a bit more time it is better

Sadly, I doubt this is gonna happen anymore after the firestorm a couple of days ago at GW over the rules leaks.

so crazy? Oh man. There should be a firestorm about the rule designer team because of latest 3 books. I really fear that as Space Marine we will have no chance against all new books although we get a new book too simply because the Marine codex is not good enough.

Where were these posted?

Sadly, I doubt this is gonna happen anymore after the firestorm a couple of days ago at GW over the rules leaks.

When will the community learn leaks are not good for the hobby?

Where were these posted?

I have been told GW has found leaks creates positive sales through hype, but they want to control who is dripping them to the community.

Where were these posted?

I have been told GW has found leaks creates positive sales through hype, but they want to control who is dripping them to the community.

I can believe that, but I've also been told that leaks create work, because they force them to react to the leak to take control of the narrative, new articles need to be written, photographs taken, videos made on the hoof, so you can see why they dislike uncontrolled leakage.

There are also then knock on effects, like 3rd party companies, such as printers, or distributors losing contracts for failing to control their employees from leaking the info. (Individual employees who did the leaking may lose their jobs too, but that's their shout.)

So all we gain by craving leaks is taking the employees away from the tasks they should be doing, and slowing down the whole for a gain in part.

We also receive an inferior product when GW have to make a stopgap announcement. The "release' videos for Tor Garadon and Agrax Agatone were rubbish compared to the other supplements, because those models leaked, we then still had to wait the same amount of time to get the models, by which point the initial hype had arguably faltered.

All of which is why I have consistently said I don't want leaks. I don't want blurry photos, snippets of rules, I want to have the release presented to me in the way in which professional marketing people have decided is best.

Soon indeed, so since we dont have a lot to go on yet since all we know is that several models are coming and the Ancient and Helbrecht are based on old art (Ancient is this according to Valrak https://warhammerart.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/10/KW001K.jpg ) and Helbrecht is the artwork from the 4th edition codex. So I was going through some old images and I found this guy, if the Castellan is supposed to be a generic guy then he might be this

40K-20181011055530.jpg

I mean it even has the tactical rock and everything! I also found a sketch for a Neophyte that looks very similar to what everyone says they're gonna look like.