Black Templar Teaser and Rumors

Acebaur

Ah yes, I have a picture on the wall of that guy(holding the banner), just as a constant reminder of how awesome Templars are. I was actually going to convert my Ancient into this when I got around to it, but if it's suggested that GW are going to then I'll hold off for now. 

Well they gave the Ultramarine bodyguard units some unique armor marks (faux mark 6 or something similar) so perhaps that reinforced armor look that the ancient have might be what they give him and I just realized he has a power fist, he even has the cabling going around the elbow to his back.

So I was going through some old images and I found this guy, if the Castellan is supposed to be a generic guy then he might be this

40K-20181011055530.jpg

I mean it even has the tactical rock and everything! I also found a sketch for a Neophyte that looks very similar to what everyone says they're gonna look like.

Wow that artwork is awesome! Got anymore of this chaps work? So good!

Edited by Chapter Master Valrak

The artist is Mark Gibbons if Im not mistaken, he has a lot of other sketches for other factions like GSC and Ultramarines from around the same time and Im sure he also complete artworks published in GW products. Here's some of the other BT sketches, after that there's a couple for Cenobyte Servitors and thats all I can find on the web so that seems to be it.

77f6a380589ab587f517ced856c831c3.jpg

79cfb9c9eee9108f512baf18bba8aedb.jpg

I'm hoping that our rumoured new crusader and sword brethren kits have more in the way of individual armor variations compared to vanilla Primaris kits. I love the Bladeguard models, but it bothers me that veterans of the chapter would have such similar armor. I want studded helmet brows, greaves, pauldrons and gauntlets. I want loincloths, varied chest insignia, and hopefully some MK. X helmets with a Mk. VII style vox-grill. Yes, I know you can always just use oldmarine helmet bits (and I have done so many times), but Mk. X helmets have slightly slimmer "ears" which gives them a wider range of movement for posing the head. 

Regarding Grimaldus, above all I hope he still has his helmet. I doubt they'd take it away, but you never know. Given that Helbrecht apparently has a helmet option, however, I'm not particularly concerned. I do hope they don't change the look of Grim's plasma pistol, considering that it's supposed to be a particular pistol that he picked up from a fallen Imperial Fist; I also prefer the old plasma pistol look to the Primaris ones.

Edited by Mmmmm Napalm

I want loincloths, varied chest insignia, and hopefully some MK. X helmets with a Mk. VII style vox-grill. Yes, I know you can always just use oldmarine helmet bits (and I have done so many times), but Mk. X helmets have slightly slimmer "ears" which gives them a wider range of movement for posing the head.

This is a very good call, the MkVII style vox-grill is sorely missed from Primaris. The Astartes short film really reminded everyone how iconic it is, and if the Raven Guard sprue has Primaris beakie helmets (with the different "ears" as you say), they can put good old MkVII bits too.

I want loincloths, varied chest insignia, and hopefully some MK. X helmets with a Mk. VII style vox-grill. Yes, I know you can always just use oldmarine helmet bits (and I have done so many times), but Mk. X helmets have slightly slimmer "ears" which gives them a wider range of movement for posing the head.

This is a very good call, the MkVII style vox-grill is sorely missed from Primaris. The Astartes short film really reminded everyone how iconic it is, and if the Raven Guard sprue has Primaris beakie helmets (with the different "ears" as you say), they can put good old MkVII bits too.

Exactly; the Mk. X beakie head is exactly what I was thinking of. Another reason I want Mk. VII and VIII style helms is ease of painting. To make black armor look good, you have to do edge highlighting, and the Mk. X faceplates require more of it, whereas with Mk. VII one could simply paint the grill gunmetal, apply a wash, and then highlight the edge going around the grill. Much easier than carefully highlighting six shallow slits.

Edited by Mmmmm Napalm

There's Kill Team and the entire Ork range that has yet to be released, GK/Tsons are like a single week release so they wont take much time. Regardless of when we are released I do think that whenever the next preview is it will have to have us iin it, we got officially teased and now they at least have to show us the codex cover or a miniature. Honestly at this rate we'll probably be out by late September or October.

Release is definately a month+ away. Teases should be a lot more imminent. Two weeks, maybe more?? It's close. Unless something shows up outta nowhere, there is as was said, nothing else in 40k way they can tease as they release GK/TS and the Orks. Then they'll tease the next thing after us, as they're releasing our stuff.

Release is definately a month+ away. Teases should be a lot more imminent. Two weeks, maybe more?? It's close. Unless something shows up outta nowhere, there is as was said, nothing else in 40k way they can tease as they release GK/TS and the Orks. Then they'll tease the next thing after us, as they're releasing our stuff.

Makes sense, I personally am just excited which naturally breeds impatience. Just really awesome seeing anything Templar related being officially announced.

I'm guessing winter. AoS is still rolling out, Orks, Kill-Team, AoS draconith all have models shown. We'll get more rules previews for them then GK and TS. I expect more BT teasers around September/November for actual models.

There isn't really much announced that hasn't been released at the moment. Aside from the Aeronautica SM v Eldar box which was announced ages ago now. Everything 40k from Warhammer Fest is out, or in this week's pre-orders, bar the full orks release, which is soon I gather? The Grey Knights and TSons box has been fully revealed.

It has to be pretty soon?