Ork Combat Patrol

Marshal Loss

It is definitely all over the place depending on the army, the Drukhari one in particular could easily be brought 3+ times, as could the Admech if you didn't already have all the Dunecrawlers:whistling: .  I really do hope there is a full kit for the Boyz coming because the worst place for a monopose set is one where your army needs about 6+ big groups of the same kit :S, it doesn't look so bad when its Marines or custodes.

Is it me, or is GW making same stuff here as primarined marines lately? AKA, one sprue, copied in box. Monopose with barely option bits? Then later we get bigger box/other kit that fills some options?

Is it me, or is GW making same stuff here as primarined marines lately? AKA, one sprue, copied in box. Monopose with barely option bits? Then later we get bigger box/other kit that fills some options?

I dont think we´ll get any multipart boyz later on because they are not space marines.

I dont think we´ll get any multipart boyz later on because they are not space marines.

Has anyone tried telling someone at Games Workshop that Ork boyz are basically Primaris Lieutenants?

Ball has been dropped majorly here. There's gotta be a "multipart" kit with slightly more customization/loadout options in the future right? Right??

I wouldn’t hold my breath for it.

Yeah, I wouldn't expect a new Boyz kit any time soon, given the pattern set by the Chaos Warrior resculpts. Which doesn't greatly bother me as the old kit is still pretty decent and has aged quite well considering its vintage. Granted I'm not an Ork player so YMMV but I feel there's kits in far greater need of a resculpt. Khorne Berzerkers for instance...

After reading just what the Ork boys kit will build I feel a little sad for the new Ork players.  It's disappointing that players will have no option but to build these units this way.  I'm expecting the boys mob in the combat patrol box to just be repackaged into their solo box. Gw seems to think Ork players want to mix both shootas and choppas and that Ork players "defiantly" all want to bring Big shootas and or Rokkits. :dry.:  However, 3 shootas stuck in the mob is probably the right number of shootas, out of 10 models, in a mixed mob. 

The combat patrol Boyz kit is missing several equipment options from the data sheet, right? That points to it being a starter kit like the Sisters’ or Shadowspear Infiltrators, which ultimately became good sources for alternate poses of basic troops.

That is my hope. We saw the Eliminators and the Incursors get way more options in their seperate boxes then in the Shadowspear box. So hoping that happens to the Boyz as well. Especially, since the boyz appear to be push fit. They have reboxed the old boyz, but I suspect that is to clear out the old inventory. Could be six months to a year before we see an expanded boyz box though, if we get one.

The combat patrol Boyz kit is missing several equipment options from the data sheet, right? That points to it being a starter kit like the Sisters’ or Shadowspear Infiltrators, which ultimately became good sources for alternate poses of basic troops.

That is my hope. We saw the Eliminators and the Incursors get way more options in their seperate boxes then in the Shadowspear box. So hoping that happens to the Boyz as well. Especially, since the boyz appear to be push fit. They have reboxed the old boyz, but I suspect that is to clear out the old inventory. Could be six months to a year before we see an expanded boyz box though, if we get one.
Suppressors say hi.

It's possible but I'd wager unlikely. Orks have just got 14 new kits. There are now other ranges to release.

It looks like the current boys box will continue being sold as it's had a reboxing with 9th Ed art etc.

As such, the CP ork boys I'd bet will stay in there until they maybe get released as a box later down the line.(when I say later I mean years)

Edited by 01RTB01

The AoS Slaves to Darkness are two years old now, and not multipart kits for those 3 kits

To be fair, just because that happened once doesn't mean it'll be a common thing.

That said, there are signs that they intend to keep the old kit going. The kit has been reboxed and it's what you get free with a warhammer imperium premium subscription.

The AoS Slaves to Darkness are two years old now, and not multipart kits for those 3 kits

To be fair, just because that happened once doesn't mean it'll be a common thing.

That said, there are signs that they intend to keep the old kit going. The kit has been reboxed and it's what you get free with a warhammer imperium premium subscription.

More than once. Obliterators, Venomcrawlers, Greater Possessed, and the Master of Possession are still unavailable outside of the Start Collecting box. Also 2 years old.

More than once. Obliterators, Venomcrawlers, Greater Possessed, and the Master of Possession are still unavailable outside of the Start Collecting box. Also 2 years old.

Not forgetting Gravis Captains and the Lord of Contagion that have only ever been in Dark Imperium, or Suppressors from Shadowspear/Vanguard Start Collecting/Combat Patrol: Space Marines.

Of course, the Deffkoptas were the best example of this as well for a very long time!

GW have a long history of not making models available separately.

Fair enough. It looks like these guys are intended to more or less match the old ones. That's a good thing in that it doesn't mean anyone's collection is now out of date but it's unfortunate a full kit isn't coming.

The end result is that this isn't a good box for army building. Nobody wants orks to come in sets of 9, which the designers of the old set understood. That's why the current set comes with 10 boyz and a nob as the 11th figure.

Fair enough. It looks like these guys are intended to more or less match the old ones. That's a good thing in that it doesn't mean anyone's collection is now out of date but it's unfortunate a full kit isn't coming.

The end result is that this isn't a good box for army building. Nobody wants orks to come in sets of 9, which the designers of the old set understood. That's why the current set comes with 10 boyz and a nob as the 11th figure.

Made even more confusing when the beast snaggas can be assembled as 10 or 9 + nob as it has the bits.

Really confusing decisions.

Still don't know if the 3rd koptas must be armed with bomb and KMB or can have all rokkits... (It's been asked a lot)

Man, they really have found a way to not only provide models in as annoying way as possible, but to structure the kit and rules in as restrictive and paint by numbers way that sucks out any desire to engage with it.

First my desired Flayed Ones, now this. :(

It doesn't look too hard to convert the Nob to have regular Boy weapons though, just do some simple hand/weapon swaps.  And I can't imagine anyone actually complaining that one Boy in the squad is a tiny bit bigger because he was converted from the Combat Patrol Nob.  I'm not happy about the lack of options in the new kit either, but the "extra" Nob seems like a tiny or non-issue, doesn't it?