Review of WH+ It's current state and it's potential

Orange Knight

Just watched the second Exodite episode, I honestly think it's the best Warhammer animation yet. It combines Astartes brilliant visuals with something a bit more narratively compelling. That last episode was just insane, Manta and Emperor Titan Duals, Death Korps versus Tau, a bit of Eldar action the likes of which we haven't seen since the Dawn of War II opening cinematic. Just great.

Yeah, The Exodite is shaping up to be something special indeed. The Titans looked incredible.

The voice acting is also suprisingly good, but you can really tell it was originally meant to be in T'au but was later changed to English. I'm not bothered, but the lip syncing is a bit off now.

I’m not sure where to post this, so move as appropriate mods! But every time I try to sign up for WH+ On the website get an error message. Has this happened to anyone else?

I’m not sure where to post this, so move as appropriate mods! But every time I try to sign up for WH+ On the website get an error message. Has this happened to anyone else?

Yeah, I think it had to do with the "my warhammer account". I think it takes more time to activate than it implied. I'd try waiting a couple days and trying again.

Edited by Jorin Helm-splitter

• 2 weeks later...

Just watched Plague Song. 
I'd be very interested to find out the voice actors, because I'd swear that the voice of the main character is Toby Jones. I got some similiarities with what he did with 'Dobby' in the Harry Potter films, and the more I thought about it, the more it sounded like him. Anybody else feel they could guess/know the voice actors? 

Glad to see things kicking up a notch - been dallying over subbing to WH+ - Would yo usay it's worth it in 2022? Enough of a backlog of stuff to catch up on?

I'd recommend waiting to seeing what the next model is first. I would be pretty disappointed if I had subscribed for a month at this point. The free model really seems to be the value driver for most people.

Glad to see things kicking up a notch - been dallying over subbing to WH+ - Would yo usay it's worth it in 2022? Enough of a backlog of stuff to catch up on?

I'd recommend waiting to seeing what the next model is first. I would be pretty disappointed if I had subscribed for a month at this point. The free model really seems to be the value driver for most people.

Although that's probably true for most people, I have actually ended up being £20 in profit as a subscriber this year (once you take into account the model and all the vouchers - I have had £40 in free vouchers so far as a Warhammer+ subscriber), so it isn't just free for me, but GW have paid me to watch it.....

Although that's probably true for most people, I have actually ended up being £20 in profit as a subscriber this year (once you take into account the model and all the vouchers - I have had £40 in free vouchers so far as a Warhammer+ subscriber), so it isn't just free for me, but GW have paid me to watch it.....

Getting vouchers for GW stuff is not the same as getting paid, but free stuff is nice.

Edit - guess it really is not even free stuff, since you still have to pay the subscription in order to get it. More like getting things at a discount, which is still nice.

Edited by phandaal

It really does depend on whether or not you're going to find interest in ll of the content, for me I'm really only in it for the model and animations, and with their change of "a new animation every week" to " a new animation when ever we damn well feel like it" I can't recommend  picking it up now based solely on Animations.

I've tried Loremasters, and Masterclass, and the Battle Reports, and they were fine, but weren't why I subscribed, I've browsed The Vault once.

These non-animation programs quadruple (or more) the viewing content, and if you have interest in them, I think you will find value in signing up now.

and with their change of "a new animation every week" to " a new animation when ever we damn well feel like it" I can't recommend  picking it up now based solely on Animations.

This is where I got hung up. They almost had me with the first two episodes at the Exodite and I had planned to sign up in April because I figured the series would be mostly done by them

Then they stopped for who knows how long

I finally found a way to get the app working on my TV (had to purchase a chromecast). But I'm just so underwhelmed by what's on offer. More then a year on from the initial announcement and there's what? 3 short animation series of middeling quality. Trailers for the products that also get put on youtube/warhammer community. Some decent painting tutorials, but it's not like those aren't all over the web. And finally 3-5 battle reports per gamesystem. 

I'm usually pretty fond of most of GW's forays but this is just not worth the asking price imho. I'm glad I liked the model, but next year's really needs to wow me to even consider resubbing.  

Was Exodite three parts? The fortnightly release schedule has me really out of whack

Yes, three parts with the final episode coming out today.