Review of WH+ It's current state and it's potential

Orange Knight

When exactly are we due for the limited model?

The Subscription one? Assuming you were subscribed day 1, It's Juneish for those with the nine month wait and September for those waiting the full 12 months.

Yeah, I think I was subbed from the start. What makes the difference between the two? I can't remember now :sad.:

EDIT: my first payment was August 25th, 2021. does that make it "from Day 1"?

Edited by Reclusiarch Krieg

I'm still not sure what you had to do to qualify for 9 months and if I do.

You had to be signed up to the App subscription (the army builder one) prior to 31st August, before signing up for Warhammer+

Edited by Grotsmasha

The timer does vary and should be accurate to when you become eligible for it. I signed up on release day and had a prior 40k app sub so am eligible for the mini after 9 months. My timer today:

UIifptb.png

Which should be about May 25th

The Exodite was enjoyable but let's not kid ourselves - the animation wasn't top notch and only 3 episodes are kind of a joke storytelling-wise.

There's a theory floating around about how The Exodite was meant to be a single short film, but GW split it into 3 to create the illusion of more content. Not that if fooled most people though.

The Exodite was enjoyable but let's not kid ourselves - the animation wasn't top notch and only 3 episodes are kind of a joke storytelling-wise.

There's a theory floating around about how The Exodite was meant to be a single short film, but GW split it into 3 to create the illusion of more content. Not that if fooled most people though.

I don't know it felt like a lot was cut out. I think it was supposed be a series that became a movie, and then a short film as the realization hit that they couldn't deliver by the deadline. Then GW split it into sections for the illusion of more content. It's really hard to judge intentions and when it comes to GW we all have bias.

I don't want to sound like I'm defending them because they oversold it, I just think they thought developing content would be easier lol.

From memory you actually had to be signed up for the app for a significant period of time to get the faster model, i looked at grabbing it just before Wh+ launched and it didnt meet terms and conditions unless i think an annual sub? Enough that it wasnt worth the extra cost for the quicker mini anyhow, but i guess nice if you had been suckered into that.

I got sent a really long survey about Warhammer plus and what I thought about games workshop. I’m surprised there haven’t been any threads about it in BaC. I got the impression that GW know it’s not a success from the phrasing of the questions. I was already suspecting that from the constant stream of attempts to get people to buy in around the time of release.

im interested to see what the next exclusive models will be, I won’t be renewing if they don’t meet expectations. I don’t think they look particularly special from the teasers, a shame because an exodite model would have been a real draw.

I got sent a really long survey about Warhammer plus and what I thought about games workshop. I’m surprised there haven’t been any threads about it in BaC. I got the impression that GW know it’s not a success from the phrasing of the questions. I was already suspecting that from the constant stream of attempts to get people to buy in around the time of release.

im interested to see what the next exclusive models will be, I won’t be renewing if they don’t meet expectations. I don’t think they look particularly special from the teasers, a shame because an exodite model would have been a real draw.

How recently were you sent this please?

Timer is for the full 12 months

The timer is until you get the free model. However, for some (including me) the timer is wrong and GW said this is not impacting eligibility:

Thank you for your email. I'm sorry the tmer for the free miniture isn't showing correctly. Our team is working on fixing the timer and you will be eligible for the miniature in line with your subscription, rather than what the timer says.

Kind regards

Owen

I just got this W+ survey as well. Given the direction of the questions, seems they’re very aware of the community’s issues, and even asked about freeing up the legal language around fan videos.

Don’t think this bodes particularly well for how W+ is doing right now, but maybe it’ll help them improve it in the future.

I just got this W+ survey as well. Given the direction of the questions, seems they’re very aware of the community’s issues, and even asked about freeing up the legal language around fan videos.

Don’t think this bodes particularly well for how W+ is doing right now, but maybe it’ll help them improve it in the future.

Changing up their language around fan videos would probably improve people's perception of W+ quality without GW having to do anything else.

Would no longer be "fan videos died for this??"

Changing up their language around fan videos would probably improve people's perception of W+ quality without GW having to do anything else.

Would no longer be "fan videos died for this??"

There's nothing bringing them back after the napalm death of GW legal action.

Nobody in their right mind will spend months or a year on a project that can and probably will get deleted on corporate whim. That trust was destroyed by GW and will not regrow.

There's nothing bringing them back after the napalm death of GW legal action.

Nobody in their right mind will spend months or a year on a project that can and probably will get deleted on corporate whim. That trust was destroyed by GW and will not regrow.

eh? I mean all the fan films people have heard of stand on the bones of Damnatus and probably a bunch of other projects i forgot over the years. These things tend to get made because people are passionate about the projects, some are still being made in the current hostile environment after all, theyll be back in greater numbers im sure, and then in 10 years GW will crack down again, the cycle continues... :D 

• 2 weeks later...

If they are sick of people moaning about new content or lack of I am surprised they didnt upload the Ultramarine movie and those ooolllld Gamesday 'shorts' they used to show, seems like the kinda thing they would do, 'you wanted more things to watch, heres our first movie, now be happy'. 

If they end up streaming the Smurf abomination I apologise for joking about it. :lol

If they are sick of people moaning about new content or lack of I am surprised they didnt upload the Ultramarine movie and those ooolllld Gamesday 'shorts' they used to show, seems like the kinda thing they would do, 'you wanted more things to watch, heres our first movie, now be happy'. 

If they end up streaming the Smurf abomination I apologise for joking about it. :laugh.:

I bought that on DVD when it was released mail order....

If they end up streaming the Smurf abomination I apologise for joking about it. :laugh.:

I bought that on DVD when it was released mail order....

200.gif

I downloaded it and I still felt robbed, ahh well, you get what you pay for in life, although I doubt I would enjoy their offerings if I paid for it.

Serious question time now, for all those who have subscribed, would you rather they released stuff in dribs and drabs (not stuff like Hammer and Bolter that has a different story each episode), like they are or would you rather have stuff come out as an entire series in one go (or depending on the episode count/runtime  a movie)?

Edited by Slave to Darkness

Honestly, I'm fine with one episode at a time, ALTHOUGH it does frustrate me that it's not weekly animations as was advertised initially when I signed up.

One thing I am hoping for, is to have each "season" of shows like Exodite (36mins) and Angels of Death (3hrs) to be combined into one, or two longer episodes.

I definitely would prefer not to have two week gaps, but equally it works once you get used to it. I do wish there was other content - the return of vox/stormcast as part of it, and other interviews too (group interviews, a look at manufacturing and design in a behind the scenes way, etc.), histories of citadel's miniatures and gw books would be nice, and so on. Of course even if they recognised it was working quite right in September they would only have been able to action changes then - and these could take up to a year or two to put in place. So ... We wait and see?

It's interesting that they maintain twitch too - obviously that's great as it is much more free or accessible. I logged in for the first time in ages today and it was Louise and Peachy talking how to paint and answering questions. Utterly fantastic, also cheap, and rather different from W+.

Now that's not what W+ can support as such (and it isn't very premium since it's just a zoom chat Essentially), but I do wish there was more of the faces of GW just talking, just being human, just being interesting. Wade was a fantastic interviewer, and I miss that. He brought out of a very diverse range of interviewees passion, and creativity. I really hope that - post pandemic - that is something he can do more (as long as it doesn't affect his lungs).

Please GW get on this