Eternal Crusade Tactics (Updated Oct 9, 2021)

BitsHammer

"You can only select this objective if your opponent has one or more PSYKER units in their army. Score 3 victory points at the end of the battle round if more enemy models than friendly models were destroyed this battle round as a result of psychic powers."

One single psyker in list, would easily feed TSons free 15VPs, no matter how good this psyker is. Keep BT as non-psyker status is best in this matchup. If GW nerf powerful factions like Admech, and GK and TSons flooded the meta, we still have things of Cacodominus, Galathamor, even Culexus, as backup plan.

Played my first game with the new supplement today against Orks.

My list:

- Vow: Uphold the Honor of the Emperor

- Primaris Chaplain on Bike (Mantra of Strength, Exhortation of Rage, Benediction of Fury, Master of Sanctity, Wise Orator, Paragon of Fury)

- Emperor's Champion (Master of Arms)

- Primaris Crusader Squad (10, Power Axe, 2 Power Fists, Chainswords & Pistols)

- Redemptor Dread (Macro Plasma Incinerator, OGC, Icarus)

- Venerable Dread (Multi-melta)

- Suppressor Squad

- Eradicator Squad (3)

My feedback:

- Primaris Crusader Squads are a liability. Today was the first time after dozens of games in this edition, where I had to use Insane Bravery.

- I will probably never play more than one squad. No additional Initiates, only Neophytes and only if I get them a 5+ FnP from a Priest. 2CP down the drain.

- Power Fists really need a re-roll aura of any kind to be useful, which means you basically need 2 Litanies to babysit a single squad.

- 5++ on all units was good. It came into play a lot. The mini transhuman not so much, but it is a nice bonus.

- VenDread soaked alot of damage AND didn't degrade. MM in melee will wreck anybodys face. Absolute winner.

- The EC was surprisingly tanky with Transhuman. He fought a duel against a generic Warboss on dino with that WT to attack again for each attack that didn't cause damage. Survived the first round with 1 wound. But 2 fight phases are enough to wreck enemy chars.

The Chaplain wasn't doing much most of the time, but just for laughs he DID charge those grots with full buffs going on. First he run over one Grot (5+ mortals) and then smacked them around with S8 4D attacks.

I will probably replace the Crusader squad with (Assault) Intercessors.

how died your Primaris Crusadersquad? 

Not surprised by your argument that they need support. Thats with all of our units. We have tools for everything but everything is too expensive. 

"You can only select this objective if your opponent has one or more PSYKER units in their army. Score 3 victory points at the end of the battle round if more enemy models than friendly models were destroyed this battle round as a result of psychic powers."

One single psyker in list, would easily feed TSons free 15VPs, no matter how good this psyker is. Keep BT as non-psyker status is best in this matchup. If GW nerf powerful factions like Admech, and GK and TSons flooded the meta, we still have things of Cacodominus, Galathamor, even Culexus, as backup plan.

I didn't know 1kSons had this secondary. I agree in Matched Play this is pretty bad.

Not surprised by your argument that they need support. Thats with all of our units. We have tools for everything but everything is too expensive. 

On the first turn a Dakkajet moved into Dakka range to put some holes into them and then a Squigbuggy shot their "no LOS needed" stuff into them, even at a -1 to hit because of the mission. 10 Ork boyz charged them in the same turn with Waaagh!. 20" are not enough space.

As for the lore: BT make use of navigators, indirectly the astronomicon and revere the Emperor, who himself is pretty psychic. They are hypocrites and tolerate the right kind of psyker already. I don't see them having problems with inquisitorial agents.

I didn't know 1kSons had this secondary. I agree in Matched Play this is pretty bad.

On the first turn a Dakkajet moved into Dakka range to put some holes into them and then a Squigbuggy shot their "no LOS needed" stuff into them, even at a -1 to hit because of the mission. 10 Ork boyz charged them in the same turn with Waaagh!. 20" are not enough space.

As for the lore: BT make use of navigators, indirectly the astronomicon and revere the Emperor, who himself is pretty psychic. They are hypocrites and tolerate the right kind of psyker already. I don't see them having problems with inquisitorial agents.

Nah, lore got updated and Navigators and Astropaths are back to being hated.

Nah, lore got updated and Navigators and Astropaths are back to being hated.

This warms my heart. *sighs in zeal*

I still think hatred seems petty. Extreme distrust and prejudice, fine, but these are still mutants who are in communion with the Emperor. The Imperium would cease over night if they disappeared. And mistreating them in some fashion as to lower the mental fortitude just seems counter productive. I dunno I never saw them as witches?

"How fare you, Astropath?"

"Well enough, sire. I can make the trip."

"See to it that you do, we cannot afford any delay. If your defenses falter, Brother Siegfrid here will end your existance before deamonic incursion happnes."

*tears of joy* "You honour me"

I still think hatred seems petty. Extreme distrust and prejudice, fine, but these are still mutants who are in communion with the Emperor. The Imperium would cease over night if they disappeared. And mistreating them in some fashion as to lower the mental fortitude just seems counter productive. I dunno I never saw them as witches?

"See to it that you do, we cannot afford any delay. If your defenses falter, Brother Siegfrid here will end your existance before deamonic incursion happnes."

I would assume, without much evidence to go on, that Templars just make a point of not associating with them and have all communications be done through serfs. Which actually isn't uncommon to happen with astropaths to begin with because they ARE still psykers and as such inherently unstable. Given that BT are an entirely naval-based chapter you'd assume they've learned damn well over the millenia what happens when you bully a psyker too hard, and as such just...Bully them in suitable enough manners, like ignoring their existence until they're needed. 

Navigators, though? You don't :censored: with Navigators if you want to keep them. These guys are ultimately nobility, and extremely influential nobility to boot. Piss them off hard enough, and they'll write back home to their super-duper mutant dad and suddenly your fleet is banned from their services forever, which means good luck with warp travel. Ever. So I'd assume the same thing would be the obvious solution here as well - Lock them into their opulent quarters and pretend they don't exist until you need them, then send the serfs to handle it. 

You can hate something and still be practical about how much you need them by necessity.

Edited by Palmu

I would assume, without much evidence to go on, that Templars just make a point of not associating with them and have all communications be done through serfs. Which actually isn't uncommon to happen with astropaths to begin with because they ARE still psykers and as such inherently unstable. Given that BT are an entirely naval-based chapter you'd assume they've learned damn well over the millenia what happens when you bully a psyker too hard, and as such just...Bully them in suitable enough manners, like ignoring their existence until they're needed.

Navigators, though? You don't :censored: with Navigators if you want to keep them. These guys are ultimately nobility, and extremely influential nobility to boot. Piss them off hard enough, and they'll write back home to their super-duper mutant dad and suddenly your fleet is banned from their services forever, which means good luck with warp travel. Ever. So I'd assume the same thing would be the obvious solution here as well - Lock them into their opulent quarters and pretend they don't exist until you need them, then send the serfs to handle it. 

You can hate something and still be practical about how much you need them by necessity.

Yeah, I honestly read that section of the Codex supplement and facepalmed. That's some straight up Grimderp.

I'm also in the camp of "Black Templars don't like having to associate with them, but aren't morons about it". Because otherwise.... Yeah.

Though at the same time, I can also see the "Black Templars actually revere Astropaths and Navigators, despite being filthy mutants, because they commune directly with the Emperor and their faith allows them to overlook said deviance" thing being valid as well. Galaxy's a big place and all. Hell, didn't the whole row between Sigismund and Dorn start because good ol' Siggy started listening to a psyker seer in the first place? :laugh.:

Personally, I'd prefer somewhere in the middle of it to be honest.

Edited by Gederas

So like the dentist.