The Elyon Crusade - Assault Intetcessor A finished!

nusphigor

Declaration of Intent

"This will not stand!" - Said Castellan Bertram as he punched the mahogany desk pulverizing it. "Our brothers in Dorn's blood will have their revenge, even if we must force the Inquisitor's arm to approve of it!"

The Segmentum command emmisaries stood frozen in their places, completely scared of the templar's furious answer to the news regarding the denial by Inquisitor Van Halen to give their brother chapter the Decapitation rights to eliminate the command structure of the perfidious Eldar in the Elyon sector.
Finally, the leader of the entourage managed to utter a few words trying to explain his master's actions.
"M... My lord... M..Master Van Halen worries are beyond a meager cabal of dying xenos. H.. He thinks the rot in the sector goes beyond that. Th... the raids are just a cover. People have been dissapearing in these planets before the xenos came to plunder. Th.. there's been a rampant cult activity in the last decades and we are afraid one of the planets is on the brink of damnation."

The Castellan stood motionless looking directly at the eyes of the Inquisitor's emmisary for a few moments, then Brother Arnulph came to his ear as he put his hand on Bertram's shoulder.
"We can can help avenge the honour of our brother chapter and eliminate the threats in the sector at the same time, my brother. Send a message to chapter command informing the situation as it unfolds. We are but a small patrol right now but maybe Grand Marshal Helbrecht might help us with this issue and send more troops to aid in our mission."

The Castellan turned his face to see the Chaplain in his eyes and then nodded. "Very well. I shall communicate this to our leaders"
Then turned to the still fearful emmisaries and said "as for your, menials. Go and cower between your masters legs. Tell them the Adeptus Astartes of the Black Templars chapter will come to liberate the Elyon sector and avenge the honour of the sons of Dorn. With or without their approval. And in your way out, tell some serf companion of yours to remove the remains of this desk. It offends me."

Then the Segmentum Command emmisaries scurried away from the Templars Cathedral to their master's ships.

[basicheader=231F20][/basicheader]

Hey all!
I was looking at the templars forum a couple of weeks ago and saw that there might be a new Knightfall event, and since I've been having huge issues giving some purpose to my primaris miniatures, I decided to join the bandwagon, get the new templars boxset and make a small army of my own.
I've linked them to my narrative of this Elyon sector in which various forces are battling for dominance and in which my poor Imperial Fists have been trashed so hard in my few crusade games.

So that's what this thread is about, my very own templar crusade and the minis i'm collecting for it.

Right now i don't have any pics as i just finished building the emperor's champion, but as soon as i have something more tangible i'll upload something (hopefully my Knightfall entry).

Thanks for reading this and i hope you can accompany me along this way :smile.: Edited by nusphigor

Good job. It can do with some editing to correct some grammar errors, but I appreciate the Castellan's passion and Brother Arnulph's logic.

Nitpicks, with my suggested corrections in brackets:

"This will not stand!"[ ]aid Castellan Bertram as he punched the mahogany desk, pulverizing it.

"'This will not stand!' said Castellan Bertram as he punched the mahogany desk, pulverizing it," counts as a single sentence, not two separate sentences; hence "said" should begin with a lower case letter, and the dash before it removed.

"[M-M]y lord... [M-M]aster Van Halen worries are beyond a meager cabal of dying xenos. [H-H]e thinks the rot in the sector goes beyond that. [Th-th]e raids are just a cover. People have been dissapearing in these planets before the xenos came to plunder. [Th-th]ere's been a rampant cult activity in the last decades and we are afraid one of the planets is on the brink of damnation[.]"

"My" should be capitalized, as it's the first word in a sentence. "Master" should be capitalized in this instance, as it's used as Van Halen's title. Stuttering is usually presented as the first letter repeated, with dashes between them, in contemporary fiction; uses periods, in this case, puts the letters into separate sentences instead. The period at the end of the sentence "Th-there's been a rampant cult activity in the last decades and we are afraid one of the planets is on the brink of damnation," is missing.

By the way, why does the Castellan use a relatively fragile wooden table, instead of a sturdy metal one, for which he can order Chapter serfs to hammer out the dents he made in his impassioned state? Wood is often rare, and thus, precious in the Imperium; I doubt his superiors will be pleased he pulverized the table.

Good job. It can do with some editing to correct some grammar errors, but I appreciate the Castellan's passion and Brother Arnulph's logic.

Nitpicks, with my suggested corrections in brackets:

"This will not stand!"[ ]aid Castellan Bertram as he punched the mahogany desk, pulverizing it.

"'This will not stand!' said Castellan Bertram as he punched the mahogany desk, pulverizing it," counts as a single sentence, not two separate sentences; hence "said" should begin with a lower case letter, and the dash before it removed.

"[M-M]y lord... [M-M]aster Van Halen worries are beyond a meager cabal of dying xenos. [H-H]e thinks the rot in the sector goes beyond that. [Th-th]e raids are just a cover. People have been dissapearing in these planets before the xenos came to plunder. [Th-th]ere's been a rampant cult activity in the last decades and we are afraid one of the planets is on the brink of damnation[.]"

"My" should be capitalized, as it's the first word in a sentence. "Master" should be capitalized in this instance, as it's used as Van Halen's title. Stuttering is usually presented as the first letter repeated, with dashes between them, in contemporary fiction; uses periods, in this case, puts the letters into separate sentences instead. The period at the end of the sentence "Th-there's been a rampant cult activity in the last decades and we are afraid one of the planets is on the brink of damnation," is missing.

By the way, why does the Castellan use a relatively fragile wooden table, instead of a sturdy metal one, for which he can order Chapter serfs to hammer out the dents he made in his impassioned state? Wood is often rare, and thus, precious in the Imperium; I doubt his superiors will be pleased he pulverized the table.

Because it's a relic of the chapter :tongue.:

It's a long story, but Castellan Bertram was my old Deathwatch character that i'm going to use as a new marshall in the minis game. In the narrative he kept the skull and bones of a grey knight npc to "return them to their chapter" but the real reason was to make him see how wrong he was during that campaign, to see why he died and to see how things are done. So the new marshal mini with the skeleton on the back pack is quite perfect.

Bertram is a bit of a raging madman and he cares little for "sacred" things, that's why he has the chaplain advising him all the time, so he doesn't do (more) stupid :censored: like when he entered a space hulk form outer space using only his powerfist and chainsword XD

This is an old mini of him thati had

71861455_10156702992289150_3642721467801

Thanks for the corrections mate :smile.:

It's always helpful as english isn't my main langage but i really love writing on it.

Edited by nusphigor

Hello everyone!

I was going to play my first game for my crusaders last night but in the end we played AoS with a friend (first time playing for both of us too) so i guess my templars would have to wait :p

But that gives me more time to at least paint bits of my army.
I just took a picture of how it stands at the moment and wanted to share it with you guys:

249298133_596442555139464_85624617035735

So that is the following minis to work with:

Marshal Bertram with Power Swrod and Auto flamer
Marshal with power sword and relic shield
Marshal in gravis armour with power fist, shooty gun and power sword (i still have to finish this conversion)
Chaplain Arnulph
Castellan with Power Axe
Emperor's Champion

Squad of 10 Intercessors with bolt rifles and sgt with chainsword
Squad of 5 Assault Intercessors and sgt with power fist and plasma pistol
Squad of 10 Crusaders 5 Initiates with 2 pyroblasters, 3 chainswords and pistols, 4 Neophytes with chainswords and pistols and swordbrethren with power sword

2 Squads of 5 Infiltrators with medic
Squad of 3 Outriders

Squad of 5 Hellblasters

Redemptor dread (magnetized)

Lots of characters and lots of troops, but i guess the next purchases might be some Bladeguards (or swordbrethren if the box comes out early) and an Invader ATV.

But other than that i have no idea what to get next. Maybe another redemptor? What would you guys suggest?

Also i had a question in regards to the Assault Intercessors squad. Should i merge those units into the Crusader squad or keep them separated?
Would it be nice for them to become Veteran Intercessors? would they have Swordbrethren markings?

Cheers and thanks for reading my log :)

Hello guys!

My insomnia hit hard today so i put it to good use and finished Marshal Bertram.
med_gallery_49745_11474_543664.jpg

med_gallery_49745_11474_1649549.jpgmed_gallery_49745_11474_904402.jpg

I will come up with a story on how did he became the Marshal of his own crusade, but another day when my brain isn't so dry...

Cheers!

Love the flames on the Auto Flamer, nice callout to the OG artwork!

Thank you brother :)

Im planning to do similar things to my force, as i envision them as an army i had long ago but who crossed the rubicon primaris

• 2 weeks later...

Well done. Whose head lies on the Marshal's base? An Ork Warboss? A Death Guard Traitor Marine?

Thanks mate. It's the head of Nob Buttsmasha (I know, I know), the leader of an ork warband that had kidnapped an imperial noble and his entourage and wanted imperial weaponry in exchange of them.

Our Deathwatch party were the "negotiations" delegation. In the end, the imperial noble and his family died because of some burnas and our Black panther character who couldn't rescue them in time. I (bertram) was supposed to capture the Nob for our space wolves psyker to get some information about the rest of the ork warband and their warboss but questioning xenos and psychic things are for weak heretics and just chopped him off.

Yep, the party was mad at me but in the end i got more XP because i was roleplaying my character propperly XD

Marshal Bertram looks great: I love the yellow casing with flames and the white helmet especially. :thumbsup: What are you painting next?

thank you brother. I am currently working on a Warlord titan for a client, some khorne minis for another client and Brother Metal (my redemptor dread). I'll post pics as soon as i have something concrete.

As for news on this army, I'll play my first crusade game with a friend. We are going to play at 1000 pts, so 50 power but it might be a neat game vs Blood Angels.

My list is as follows:

Marshal Bertram (mc power sword and auto flamer. Master of arms WL)

Chaplain Arnulph Badassius (Fires of Devotion)

Squad Boreas (primaris crusader squad with all chainswords, power sword on SW and 2 pyreblasters)

Squad Hector (assault intercessors with sgt with power fist and plasma pistol)

Squad Amadeus (outrider squad)

Squad Henri (hellblaster squad with assault plasma)

Brother Metal (redemptor dread with big plasma, mini gatling, icarus pod and 2 fragstorm launchers)

it all sums up to 993 pts.

I'll try to get some pics (though my models are mostly unpainted XD) and upload them in here

Cheers!

Edited by nusphigor

• 1 month later...

A small update:

Due to a lot of work i won't be able to complete my knightfall vow, but i did get 10 more assault Intercessors for my army.

I'm still trying to finish that damned titan and it has taken a lot of my spare time, so Brother Metal (redemptor dread) is still in wip hell alongsidfe the rest of my templars force.
Because of that and some friends inviting me to play a national tournament in june I haven't started my crusade either, so i guess that will be delayed too as i'd need to test army lists and see with which army i'm going to play (and if i'm going to play).

not a good start for my crusade, i supose...

• 1 month later...

Many thanks for your kind wishes brothers!

I took a vow in the Imperial Fists painting challenge and managed to finish Brother Javo

med_gallery_49745_11474_1347598.jpgmed_gallery_49745_11474_227367.jpg

This Emperor's Champion is quite close to me, as my best friend used to play with Templars before he died some 8 years ago. Since then I've always had a templar character in my fists army who represent him and now that i collect templars too, well. He deserved the spot.

I'm waiting for the varnish to dry before i can paint the name on the base.

I'll paint something else soon, maybe finally finish Brother Metal, that huge redemptor is quite a challenge.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Brothers in ZEAL

I just finished an Assault Intercessor i painted this evening to test a theory i had yesterday at a painting event: I paint faster when focusing only on one mini.
It seems it's true because yesterday i managed to finish 5 minis and todoy this dude in just 4 hours.

Well enough crap, here's the dude :)

med_gallery_49745_11474_771175.jpg

med_gallery_49745_11474_446684.jpg

med_gallery_49745_11474_269551.jpg

I used the decals for his shoulderpads as guidelines and painted highlights inside, but the mask paint and the crusade and squad badges are freehanded.

Now I have 4 painted members of my crusade!

Having in mind what i discovered i might have a fully painted crusade in a couple of months :p

Cheers!