Mithril's AI - Wip's,finished & Batreps.

Hail!

Yep - the cards are in English - at least the ones I have are :-) The Danish market (with a staggering population of ca. 5.5 mil souls) is not at all big enough to warrant having translations into Danish (which is different from Dutch). The cards are DKK 200,- (equiv about-ish of AUD 42,45). I have no idea about postage. It has been about 20 years since I last sent a post card to Goondiwindi, Queensland.

I have sent you a PM. 

Cheers!

Master Ciaphas 

Update -

Got some more planes together, the Eldar flyers are very cool looking as well, the only problem I had was the Cannons on the Phoenix bomber sprue have to be clipped off halfway up both barrels...I would imagine if you do it wrong...Snap (luckily i did it right)... The Storm Eagle looks really chunky and ...well ...space mariney :laugh.: cannot wait to paint these.

med_gallery_9146_3140_91074.jpg

med_gallery_9146_3140_1303579.jpg

* Note, if you glue it together properly, the wings on the Night Wing swivel... very cool GW :thumbsup:

med_gallery_9146_3140_448058.jpg

Cheers, Mithril

Edited by mithrilforge

Hail! :wink:

The Game was played and it went to around 6-7 rounds/turns! we played slow and steady and it took a couple hours but we had fun!

Game setup -

med_gallery_9146_3140_155099.jpg

it was kind of a rematch so we had the same roster and same sides etc and setup was very similar... Except for the Christmas lights :tongue.:

My mate won the Initiative and went first...

Suffice to say the first turn i lost The yellow Fighta bomba (first kill of the game) to massed firepower of the marauder destroyer and the Thunderbolt Fury...

I managed through most of the game to get in close to the Imperial aircraft thus denying a lot of extra shooting... as it was his shooting was pretty good :cry:

Mid game -

med_gallery_9146_3140_726926.jpg

As seen i tried to stay really close by flying fast and stupid :laugh.: ... By this time i'd lost only one and my mate had lost a standard Thunderbolt.

It soon changed in his favour soon after this... after another 2 turns he opened the gap through skilled manoeuvring and i was down to the red Barun and my Blue max (fighta Bomba) ...

by turn 6 i had nipped at his heels enough that he had hit 25% so turn 7 was the disengage turn... He had the Green marauder and i had my dakka jet & fighta Bomba still...

med_gallery_9146_3140_1113240.jpg

I left the zone with the bomba and tried to shoot him down with the dakka jet no wounds from either plane...( the blue strobe lights from the Christmas sky Blinded the ork's shooting apparently :laugh.: )

Thus the game ended and i had a narrow victory by getting the Bomba off the table and denying those last points he needed... Not very orky but hey...

The more you play this game the more trickier it gets as people start learning what manoeuvres they can use and how... and predicting the enemy movement is always a fun exercise...

The next game will be a Bombing Mission , I'll plan ahead and write up a full Bat rep for that one i think :thumbsup:

@ master Ciaphas - all the planes from the Wrath of Angels boxset are together so undercoating this weekend (before Christmas) and hopefully to start painting them during the Holidays !

Cheers, Mithril

Hail!

Looks good, Mithril! Lovely pictures - and I like the electromagnetic interference effect, that you have added as well - kudos! 

Bombing Run sounds like a fun mission! Now - I do not have either of the hardback books - but have you tried the campaign system yet? Normally, when I play, it is the narrative aspect that attracts me the most - like the Crusade system for 40k, Necromunda and so on. So I was wondering whether the AI campaign system is any good?

The Wrath of Angels planes are lovely indeed; I will look foward to seeing yours painted!

Cheers,

Master Ciaphas

• 2 weeks later...

A quick after Christmas update-
Thanks for the feed back master Ciaphas, I have both books but haven’t looked at campaign play yet… a few more missions before I dive in there !.

I did finish a storm eagle over Christmas, it was fun painting ultras in my old bright scheme !!

med_gallery_9146_3140_102850.jpeg

Mithril

++EDIT++ removed link and added proper photo

Edited by mithrilforge

Hail!

That is a sterling job, Mithril! I love the bright, blue Ultramarines! It looks really good as is - and will look even better on the table with a playing mat underneath it! 

Did you make any progress on the Eldar planes? 

I have still to get a game of AI in; I am, however, still painting my Astartes fliers and stll need to finish nine bases, before everything is done.

Cheers!

Master Ciaphas

Hail Master C ,

Like yourself,I’m Still trying to finish the Marine set (I did get a Thunderhawk for Christmas as well)

Working on the Xiphon interceptor’s now (ultramarines) and the bases for them , I have since gone with an extremely fast and pleasant looking scheme as my first set of bases took longer to do than the planes themselves!!! .

More updates soon hopefully, juggling a 9year old on school holidays schedule is fun ;-)

Cheers Mithril

Hail!

Ah - I know the feeling! Trying to finish projects and get stuff done...while juggling real life as well :-)

The Thunderhawk is a fantastic model; really detailed and a joy to paint! 

I will look forward to seeing more updates and batreps!

Faithfully,

Master Ciaphas

Hail Mithril!

They look awesome! I really like what you have done with them - and your bases also rock! That is one slick theme for them. How did you go about them? 

Also - the Xiphons and Storm Eagle seem to be from Ultramar - but an Imperial Fists Thunderhawk? Are you doing a "Crusade" type force, with multiple chapters?

Cheers!

Master Ciaphas

WiP of One of My Eldar flyers, I'm really happy with the Saim-Hann scheme( Always wanted to do a Saim-Hann army in years past, now's my chance :tongue.: ... Although I got to work out where to put the black stripe !?.. :sweat:

Also, i did one of my Bases in "Red Team" Colours...

med_gallery_9146_3140_37963.jpeg

Now i scratched the "Paint some Red itch" I need to get myself back to finishing My last Storm Eagle so I can field my Ultra's in a game next week.

++Edit++

@ Master C - Yes, I'm going to have an Imperial Fist's Thunderhawk, I didn't want to do a whole Imp Fist force but I really wanted the ThunderHawk to be a real showy centrepiece so opted to do that, lets say it's a support element for the Ultra's crusade force in the sector... Maybe if the painting goes well on the Thunderhawk and i don't go crazy...If I get some Fire Raptors down the road they might end up being Imperial fists :wink.:...

The Blue bases are quite simple ....

base coat of McCragge blue,

wash with Nuln Oil,

drybrush - McCragge blue, then Hoeth Blue then Lothern blue.

paint symbols Mephiston red and Ulthuan Grey and lightly wash with Agrax and nuln oil respectively.

The Edge's -paint in iron hands steel and wash with Nuln Oil.

Cheers, Mithril

Edited by mithrilforge

Hail, Mithril!

Great looking work on those Eldar - and the bases look swell too! 

Have you had the opportunity to play a game with the Astartes or Eldar yet? (Or perhaps you are like me, and have an almost religious aversion to playing with unpainted models?)

I like the bases

Cheers!

Master Ciaphas

The black stripe would be easiest to mask/paint on the wing, methinks.

On this one I think your right !, the next lot I do I’m thinking of doing the black stripes first! Then the red base coat , it’s easier to touch up black than it is red ;-) …

@ Master C- yeah painted models always, my mate I play AI & 40K with refuses to play if the models are not painted!!! It’s annoying but in the end it’s rather helpful …

Cheers Mithril

++EDIT++

List of models and bases left to do -

MARINE

1x Thunderhawk (undercoated and base coats on) Imperial fists - yellow

1x Storm Eagle - half finished Ultramarines

ELDAR -  (Saim Hann)

1x Phoenix bomber - half finished

2x Phoenix bomber - undercoated

3x Night wing's       - undercoated

T'AU - (Vior'La)

2x Tiger Shark AX- 01 - undercoated

3x TigerShark Fighter Bombers - still in box

1x Barracuda fighter - Undercoated

2x Barracuda fighters - still in box

NAVY / IMPERIALS

1x Valkyrie- nearly finished

1x Valkyrie- Undercoated

3x Lightning fighters- Undercoated

ORKS

1x Fighta Bomma - half finished (blue)

BASES -

14x bases undercoated :blink.:

Edited by mithrilforge

Excellent list, you have there, Mithril! And given how quickly AI models can be done, you are actually quite close to being finished? For me, I struggle a lot with finding the inspirational muse to finish off the bases. I much prefer painting the planes themselves - so I sympathize with your 14 bases to go!

Daily (or attempting to) update time...

working on finishing the last Storm Eagle and also decided to start on one of my barracuda's (the barracuda's will be in original T'AU sept and the Tiger Sharks will all be Vior'la Sept)

med_gallery_9146_3140_651593.jpeg

the base colours and wash are on, just need to work out where to put the accent brown colour on the Fish... :sweat:

Cheers, Mithril

@ Master C - with the bases i have decided to do Team Colours as you've seen previously... the last two team colours will be either orange? or yellow? and "wraith"Bone (Aeldari team :wink: )

• 2 weeks later...