Mithril's AI - Wip's,finished & Batreps.

small update, Apologies for not painting much, had the Covid Booster shot...lets just say we lost about 3 or so days there :sweat: ...

anyways, Finished the white front on the 2nd Storm Eagle, He just needs decals (in the background) Also decided to add some more white to the Xiphon Flight Leader (which i think he looks suitably more like an elite leader now)

med_gallery_9146_3140_813406.jpg

After these are finished it's on to the Eldar planes ( i need practice painting Saim-Hann - my mate has convinced me to start an Eldar army in 40K with the new Codex Aeldari coming! ) looking fwd to painting a full size Eldar plane in the not too distant future :wub: .

Cheers, Mithril

How do you get such smooth white? It’s a colour that has always given me trouble.

Your too kind!!, It looks smooth from a bit aways but trust me it’s not smooth right up close , although if I base coat in white I use ulthuan Grey then add white to that mix for highlights and that is much smoother! Always water down the whiteish paints and do a few thin coats …

Cheers Mithril

Edited by mithrilforge

How do you get such smooth white? It’s a colour that has always given me trouble.

I know I'm not Mithril, but ... thin coats and patience. There's really two tricks when it comes to thinning paints:

• use a wet palette - this will tend to dilute paints automagically, and it will also tend to keep them at the same consistency throughout a painting session, so you don't end up accidentally using half-dried paint towards the end
  • using a medium to thin the paint instead of water (Vallejo Thinning Medium is available as a 60ml bottle for around the price of a bottle of GW Shade). This can help if you're having issues getting consistent coverage across a coat - using water to thin paint will affect the surface tension and cause it to tend to pull to the recesses if you add too much.

Personally, I've never had problems with lumpy finishes with the Vallejo Game Dead White, nor P3 Morrow White (I don't know if the Citadel whites are more problematic, as I have not used the current line). :smile.:

++EDIT: I forgot to say ... I've seen soft-bodied artists' acrylic titanium white (e.g. Golden Acrylics) recommended, due to the high pigment content.

Edited by Firedrake Cordova