Assault intercessor build

Brother Navaer Solaq

I recently purchased a 5 man intercessor squad. I was wondering in terms of building the sergeant. Which wargear is better : the thunder hammer or power fist?

I read rules about stun vs brutal, but i would like to know from ppl that have played with those rules which they found better.

Good question - I've seen more people build their Kill Team leaders with Power Weapons or Fists than with Thunder Hammers. I can't say exactly why though - perhaps people prefer that the Fist does more Critical Damage than the Hammer.

Personally I equip my Leaders with Power Weapons, as having a slightly better chance to hit (2+ instead of 3+) and causing a crit on a 5+ seems better odds to me.

Edited by firestorm40k

Thunder Hammer's special requires multiple crits to go through, which is somewhat redundant because most things in the game are already dead if you punch two crits through with a fist instead. Brutal is also an absolutely, well, brutal special rule that makes it very hard to not fall over and die when the fist-user rolls even normally.

Also, hot take, fists just look cooler :D