JoyToy 40k - compilation (updated Jan 4, 2022)

I think its interesting how the scaling seems to have changed very slightly to account for the larger size of primaris Marines. The original primaris figures (or at least the ones I have) are about the same height or maybe a millimeter or two shorter than the new heresy ones, but the new Space Marine 2 primaris figures are 12.8 cm tall (equivalent to 7.56 feet or 7' 6.7" tall in 1/18th scale) while these Heresy firstborn are 12 cm tall (equivalent to 7.08 feet or 7'1" tall in 1/18th scale).

I think its interesting how the scaling seems to have changed very slightly to account for the larger size of primaris Marines. The original primaris figures (or at least the ones I have) are about the same height or maybe a millimeter or two shorter than the new heresy ones, but the new Space Marine 2 primaris figures are 12.8 cm tall (equivalent to 7.56 feet or 7' 6.7" tall in 1/18th scale) while these Heresy firstborn are 12 cm tall (equivalent to 7.08 feet or 7'1" tall in 1/18th scale).

Yea the sizes are all over the place

Yeah, the SM2 figures I believe were made bigger to match the in-game proportions and not be comically pinheaded. They look great, the new engineering looks fantastic and I like the swapout parts but they're not for me.

Reminds me, as soon as I can get an FDM printer to make joints and can get back to my hobbying in general (having a son will cut into hobby time!) I wanna try making some printable 1/18 scale guys to go with the JoyToy range. Already mentioned I wanna do some Eldar/Dark Eldar, but some Firstborn Marines would be also fun (bonus points for more expressive sculpts patterned after older minis, particularly the helmets).

My shorter ones are Firstborn who have crossed the Rubicon.

they have a nice range of alternative helmets and weapons for a lot of the figures too.

Nice looking bits, but the price, wow, £20+ for a weapon.  Getting a 3D printing seller on Etsy to upscale a piece is a lot cheaper. :biggrin: