Did you pick up the Eldritch Storm Box?

Prot

Insanely overpriced and if you play chaos, the middle finger couldnt be raised higher. Heres your 10$ chosen per model, monopose. Oh and they are still 8th edition.

LOL. Rules change; having an 8th Edition datasheet for an army that's using an 8th Edition codex makes perfect sense. All 40K models are basically monopose these days, so that's like complaining that water is still wet.

I don't feel like I'm getting a middle finger. I don't have a Warpsmith or a Fiend of any kind, and I like the Chosen sculpts so this fits me pretty well.

Insanely overpriced and if you play chaos, the middle finger couldnt be raised higher. Heres your 10$ chosen per model, monopose. Oh and they are still 8th edition.

LOL. Rules change; having an 8th Edition datasheet for an army that's using an 8th Edition codex makes perfect sense. All 40K models are basically monopose these days, so that's like complaining that water is still wet.

I don't feel like I'm getting a middle finger. I don't have a Warpsmith or a Fiend of any kind, and I like the Chosen sculpts so this fits me pretty well.

I'll continue to print in any pose I desire for 25-35 cents a model. Those chosen will be (and are already in some cases) outclassed by 3rd party sculps. To each their own I suppose.

I don't think it's overpriced (relative GW pricing... it's generally overpriced but that's not the point) if you want everything in it. In USD, the Warpsmith is probably $40 and the Chosen will probably end up at $55 or $60, so the DInobot essentially is 'free' compared to buying those sculpts separate. I think for a lot of people, it's going to come down to whether they wanted that Fiend or not, otherwise they might pass and buy the two kits they want separate.

As for the datasheet, I had zero expectation that the Chosen datasheet, or the Maulerfiend/Forefiend and Warpsmith for that matter, would be their 9E rules. I would venture to say it's a bit unreasonable even to have expected that to come in a box datasheet. Historically, if we look back, when the Space Marine stuff was being reboxed, they mentioned that those datasheets were not valid until Codex: Space Marines was released, so expecting them to do that here goes against all previous experience on the matter.

It is a lot of money for what's in it, if you're a Chaos fan.

I'd disagree with this. It's a forgefiend, unit of chosen (5x marines is £18 at the least, however chosen will likely be ~£30?) and a new warpsmith that will be ~£22.50. That's ~£95 worth of stuff for ~£62.50 at RRP if you split the box with a friend. Even better deal if you can get one at 

As usual, the value lies in whether you actually want the stuff that's in it. If you get the set and only really want the warpsmith, then maybe just wait until it's released. 

Personally, I collect both CSM and Eldar (fast eldar).

I want the kits. I'll likely pass on/sell the chosen, the Fiend will become a mechanical mutalith beast for my Thousand Sons, warpsmith goes to my Iron Warriors, Eldar dominate the table. 

Looking at what the eldar side is going for on ebay and I’m feeling good so far about the getting the box. If I can get $100 for them, then I’ll have essentially split the box.

The fiend really fluffs the monetary value up, and I’d considered selling it as well, but I kinda feel stupid about parting with 66% of the box, so I’ll keep him since i don’t have a forgefiend. Then I’ll have spare bits from it and the maulerfiend to concoct something really stupid!

In my case I have 2 maulerfiends, built and painted as Corsairs/Crimson Slaughter, and I have 2 assembled, but not painted Forgefiends.

I found when the Thousand Sons came out and pulled my army out, I had put these in the Thousand Sons lists. But I quickly realized because lacking 'core' keyword, I did not get the same value out of them as Helbrutes, or even the Heresy era combo's (People underestimate the twin dual Las Contemptors).

So I may not even build the Fiend. I also very much like the Venomcrawlers and they moved into fast attack. Heavies will be hotly contested for me, with my love of Chain Havocs, and Oblits, it's usually very point heavy in my lists. 

But that said, for me the big one is the Chosen. I think IW fans will love the Warpsmith. But for me the problem with Chaos is always the HQ's. I can't think of an army where I am constantly needing/wanting more HQ slots for power units, force multiplier units, and good ol' sorcs. I have a lot of trouble fitting the Warpsmith in. I have an old converted one I used for a while when I was on my "I'm gonna make a Landraider work!" kick. I really wish he was an Elite.

Even the Disco Lord is still a hot take for me (and I consider him a Warpsmith), once again crowding the HQ's.

I have a feeling I will really have to sit a bit on actually putting together the Chosen because of all the weird info coming out about alleged 'Accursed weapons' etc. 

I already have two maulerfiends and a scratch-built warpsmith but I still pre-ordered the box. For me, the value was too good to pass on it. I'm really looking forward to converting the warpsmith, and the chosen come with quite a few options which is pretty nice. A big plus is that they are not monopose and bits like their loincloths are separate pieces, which means I can copy them with blue stuff and use them on other conversions.

I will pick it up from my FLGS because they have a great discount.. definitely wouldn't be as enthused about paying full-price for it. 

As I look at the images on GWs site more and more I realize just how similar the new Chosen are to the Chosen in DV. It's nice that the new Chosen seem a little more "convertible" than the DV ones, but geez.. they could have been a little more creative with the weapon options/equipment. I wonder how much freedom we're going to have in equipping them? 

I've seen various different comments about Chosen being a poor man's Eradicators if they all can be given special weapons. That sounds like an interesting build to me. 

I’m getting it third party. I’m not overly thrilled by the chaos half but the models are nice, and for the money it’s a big saving if I decide to get them later. The eldar half seems like better value and I’ve been thinking of starting an eldar army for a long time, the relaunch seems like it’s going to bring a lot of nice options forward so this is a good opportunity to get started with a little bit of a discount. Edited by Danosborne

I got the box since I recently decided on starting an Iron Warriors/ Renegade guard project and this box gives me all the units I want (this is going to be more a fluffy army for fun). If the rumours are true then the combat patrol box will be a nice addition to the chaos side.

I also have a small eldar army from waaay back in the day so these units will probably bump me to about 1k points - enough for fun skirmish games and since my Deathguard got mauled so hard I might expand upon them as my go to tournament army.

BTW I got it at a 15% discount at least.

I got the box since I recently decided on starting an Iron Warriors/ Renegade guard project and this box gives me all the units I want (this is going to be more a fluffy army for fun). If the rumours are true then the combat patrol box will be a nice addition to the chaos side.

I also have a small eldar army from waaay back in the day so these units will probably bump me to about 1k points - enough for fun skirmish games and since my Deathguard got mauled so hard I might expand upon them as my go to tournament army.

BTW I got it at a 15% discount at least.

Iron Warriors certainly seems like a perfect build out for the CSM side. 

I wonder how many other people actually have a use for both sets of models. I considered getting the set and just painting up the Eldar because the new bikes look so cool. But actually being able to use both - seems uncommon.

I gave it a pass.

I already have converted a number of models I can use as Chosen, and my home-made models have more character and fit better to my army and background than the new Chosen.

I already have all the demon engines, so was not interested in another Fiend.

And since the Warpsmith is just a lazy imitation of the Loyalist one, just with extra trim (it even has the same pose!), I decided to convert and create my own.

And in the process, I also have saved a lot of money.

I personally was a bit disappointed by this release, if I am honest. I agree with those of you that say it was a bit lazy, at least for the Chaos side.

I got the box.  Gotta have 2 forgefiends in every BL/1ksons list I play.  Chosen... should keep me busy painting for a couple of weeks.  If they end up being playable in our 9ed codex... even better.  Warpsmith?  Should make a good practice model.

Eldar models?  If ebay is the equivalent of the eye of terror, then those aeldari will have their souls devoured and suffer for all eternity.  

Edited by SanguinaryGuardsman

I got the box.  Gotta have 2 forgefiends in every BL/1ksons list I play.  Chosen... should keep me busy painting for a couple of weeks.  If they end up being playable in our 9ed codex... even better.  Warpsmith?  Should make a good practice model.

Eldar models?  If ebay is the equivalent of the eye of terror, then those aeldari will have their souls devoured and suffer for all eternity.  

Answers the question I was going to ask about building another mauler or forge :laugh.:

New sculpts look great! Can’t wait to dig into them…