Marshall Mittens Plague Fleet!

Marshal Mittens

Fantastic results, so happy for you that you've gotten all of this done! Now you just need an all in one shot to show the awesomeness :)

I want to! Just need to find the time to get my gaming mat out of storage, set it up, and take some pictures, while my tiny person is asleep or otherwise distracted. She is more dangerous to my Deathguard than 1000 ultramarines.

Edited by Marshall Mittens

That's an epic completion Mittens - both in scale and quality.  Particularly like some of the smaller details, such as the blue plasma coils, the white teeth and the way you have different patterns of green checkerboard on your plague crawlers to distinguish them.

I think your vehicle models generally have enough green on the front, except for your floaty drones, which could use some more - it would be a great touch if you use different stripes or numbers of stripes (or similar) to distinguish them much in the way you used checks for the crawlers.

That's an epic completion Mittens - both in scale and quality. Particularly like some of the smaller details, such as the blue plasma coils, the white teeth and the way you have different patterns of green checkerboard on your plague crawlers to distinguish them.

I think your vehicle models generally have enough green on the front, except for your floaty drones, which could use some more - it would be a great touch if you use different stripes or numbers of stripes (or similar) to distinguish them much in the way you used checks for the crawlers.

Yeah, I sort of wish I had done more with the drones, I did more weathering on the crawlers and MBHs than I did on the drones too. I might go back and do more later, though it's hard to correct stuff after I apply the Streaking Grime.

It was really a simple scheme, I primes them wraithbone, painted the while model apothecary white, painted the black parts black templar black, the deamon bits and some hoses Militarium Green, then do the little metal bits or red bits, spong on a dark brown followed by red leather then some rust effects from vallegio, then do streaking grime, removing most of it, that I can reach, with a Q tip. Some got some weathering powders. The bases are just the brown crackle paint from GW and the Highlands tuft set from Gamer Grass.

Contrast paints are awesome, and this is the first very large project I did with Streaking grime for 40k, it's so much faster than oils, and if I rubbed it off with a Q tip within like 20 minutes I didn't generally need white spirits. I might still use oils for gunk washes on some models, but Streaking grime is Magic.

I had been sitting on so many of these models for so long, needing to paint them. I'm super good at starting projects and quitting like 25% of the way through, but the time limit really motivated me. Glad I did 1 big pledge instead of several small ones, otherwise it would have been hard to motivate myself to do it all so quick.

Still, going to try and carry this motivation into converting and painting up some CSM for SoH for the HH! SoH will be a bit more complicated, scheme wise.