Local Round Robin Tourney - 2k - BA

Morticon

Played the orks in a GREAT game of Tear Down the Icons.  

REALLY new player, with an unoptimized list, but still helped him a lot to the point, that things were actually super tight for three turns (with him in the lead for all three of the first turns). 

I'll throw some pics and results up soon! 

Ended 88-69 to the BA

Since you asked!! 

Set up looked like this -> 

ork1.jpg

Some cool fire lines, great staging points, but open in the middle. 

I deployed some Kommandos to get an easy attempt at the Mission action - so I counter deployed with my Incursors.  This would wind up being an interesting move which baited him out. 

ork2.jpg

Orky Deployment looked like this: 

ork3.jpg

Orks went first, and took some SG casualties from the Buggies, and played overly aggro with the KillRig.  He shot some shots, to try thin out the BG, and then charged the Incursors.  I thankfully survived with 1 wound !!

ork4.jpg

In my turn, I brought back a lost BG (which helped close the gap from the HeavyLobba strat that had gimped their movement.  I buffed them to get max attacks, since I would use GWM on the T8 killRig. 

ork5.jpg

I didn't want to lose any points from fallback, so I forwent shooting at the Rig.  

I moved the Speeder into the middle, sacrificially, but able to get an objective, Stranglehold and Oath. 
The Rig took a bucketload of damage (13 or so, I think) but did survive. 

ork6.jpg

Cant see it here, but on the right flank the dreads crash into the Intercessors, making quick work of them.  Koptas buzz forward and back being annoying as all hell taking potshots at the dread -but I got lucky with saves - meaning i had a dready on 2 wounds left (who should have died).  

ork7.jpg

My terms move up to try take care of the dreads  - they need an 8" charge -  i failed it...but...with the reroll, smashed into the DEFS on an 11. Equipped with Chainfists, this meant bad things for the dreads. 

I finished up the kill rig too!! 

ork8.jpg

Next few turns go like such :

ork9.jpg

ork10.jpg

ork11.jpg

I finished up the 

Up against TKSONS Next. 

Magnus

20 Scarabs and whatever else can fit in that madness. 

Playing Death and Zeal ! 

If he goes Psychic Interrogation, there's a strong chance I just may yolo my 2 characters up turn on.  Definitely use the chaplain flip relic to net some points on the primary.  and then deny 12 points on interrogation.