Do scions need medium-heavy armor of their own?

At the very least I hope we get non-transport more shooty variations of the taurox prime.

Like a version that doubles up on the missile launcher to make it a very formidable MLRS system and make so it can ignore line of sight and target units it can’t see.

Maybe a light tank destroyer variant with a multimelta turret, or a plasma cannon or something like that.

Agreed. Another thing that's potentially an option, the Solar Auxila vehicls. Just say the Solar Auxila became the Scions over millennia. 

Something like the Aurox Armoured Transport and make the Carnodon a Scion exclusive tank. Could be easily justified as well, Scions are effectively treated as human marines, and marines have tanks. They could be combined into a single kit too, being the same chassis.

Hell, Dracosan would be cool too. Basically a Malcador transport. 

Edited by jarms48

Well, Soviet/Russian airbourne troops have means to drop light 2S9 "Nona" 120mm SPGs. So i do not see any major contradiction in adding some heavy firepower to scions' arsenal and their high-mobile airdrop nature.
And, yes, return of the Tauros and Drop sentinel would be most welcomed.

Edited by Shamansky

Well, Soviet/Russian airbourne troops have means to drop light 2S9 "Nona" 120mm SPGs. So i do not see any major contradiction in adding some heavy firepower to scions' arsenal and their high-mobile airdrop nature.

i mean the US can air drop an abrams lol

As GW has shown time and time again they care little replicating for real life in the science fantasy tabletop game.

So there is little benefit in discussing the minutia of what past, or current day forces can or can't do. I'm sure there's plenty of places outside of the BnC where that discussion is more relevant.

Back to the original question:

Or anything other ideas for a dedicated scion tank?

Not to ruien the fun for anybody, but why would Sions need a heavy Tank?

If you want heavy Support include a Leman Russ.

Lore as well as Gameplay wise a long Range heavy Tank doesn't fit Sions at all.

They are Special Forces not regual Army. They work in cooperation with regular Guard forces

The point is that if you want regular IG heavy support options you either have to take a dedicated IG detachment or run your Scions with IG which mean no Scion rules.

Scions need some sort of longer ranged anti-tank weapons to make them competitive on their own, rather than added in to IG. Right now all the have is plasma and meltaguns on the infantry squads- they have no other options for heavy firepower. A lighter vehicle opion, such as a Taurox Prime w/some sort of anti-tank weapon (rather than the fairly weak missile launcher) or a light tank would make them a much more rounded option.

Edited by Lord_Ikka

• 2 weeks later...

I came here to state that I felt a Taurox equivalent of the predator tank would be fine, but when I read:

Well, Soviet/Russian airbourne troops have means to drop light 2S9 "Nona" 120mm SPGs. So i do not see any major contradiction in adding some heavy firepower to scions' arsenal and their high-mobile airdrop nature.

I suddenly wanted a Chimera-chassis thunderer, open topped but packing heat by the bucket load. Sort of like the Medusa, but with a lower silohouette. In fact, that could be a way to bring back the Medusa.