HH 2.0 2k Night Lords Terror Assault

Aeternus

A very rough (and probably not too competitive) 2k list I came up with last night for Terror Assault, but one that should provide for a fun enough first few games I play against mates, and provide welcome experience for how to outfit Terror Squads and Night Raptors for optimal points:performance ratio.

Also decided to try and see building a list without Curze would fair - decided that pretty much the free gear and buffs he gives to the army alone make him ridiculously tempting in a Terror Assault list - here he'd be providing 75 points of free gear that I'd otherwise buy (so replacing the praetor with him would only cost 190 points) and also ensuring the pinning tests went off far more successfully...

Mainly reliant on the two vehicles neutralising what armour they can during Night Fighting, with the Magna-melta there as an answer to any large terminator squads or similar 2W elite troops.

Terror squads do what they do best, generally play havoc with enemy troops, aiming to get pinning off every time they shoot a unit (and backed up by the recon squad - the only scoring unit unfortunately)

Raptors and Praetor come in on turn 2 or 3, with meltas for any armour that survives or to soften up harder units before charging and drowning them in rending, shred attacks (ideally with bloody murder bonus).

Considering whether it'd be better to drop 5 of the raptors and a melta from the second squad and run another neutron sabre in order to get ensure whatever vehicle they're shooting at gets shock pulse'd. Further, whether I should trim 10 points elsewhere to give the recon's a nuncio-vox and make sure the raptor squads deep strike correctly.

Thoughts? Again, not very competitive without scoring units but should be able to perform acceptably against the usual 2k lists of the HH box contents that will be emerging soon I think.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Faction: Night Lords

Rite of War: Terror Assault

Warlord Trait: Warmonger

HQ - 185pts
  • Legion Praetor - 185pts
    • Base 120pts
    • MC Paragon Blade 40pts
    • Jump pack 20pts
    • Bloody Murder 5pts
TROOPS - 1495pts

• Terror Squad - 275pts
    • Base 115pts
    • 5 executioners 90pts
    • 5 rotor cannons 25pts
    • 5 chargers 10pts
    • artificer armour 10pts
    • chainblade 10pts
    • night vision 15pts
  • Terror Squad - 270pts
    • Base 115pts
    • 5 executioners 90pts
    • 5 rotor cannons 25pts
    • 5 chargers 10pts
    • artificer armour 10pts
    • chainaxe 5pts
    • night vision 15pts
  • Night Raptors - 400pts
    • Base 185pts
    • 5 night raptors 125pts
    • 5 chainblades 50pts
    • 2 meltaguns 30pts
    • artificer armour 10pts
  • Night Raptors - 400pts
    • Base 185pts
    • 5 night raptors 125pts
    • 5 chainblades 50pts
    • 2 meltaguns 30pts
    • artificer armour 10pts
  • Legion Recon squad - 150pts
    • Base 85pts
    • 5 nemesis bolters 50pts
    • night vision 15pts

FAST ATTACK - 140pts

• Sabre Strike Tank - 140pts
    • Base 80pts
    • Neutron Blaster 20pts
    • Multi Melta 25pts
    • Night Vision 15pts

HEAVY SUPPORT - 180pts

• Legion Predator - 180pts
    • Base 120pts
    • Magna Melta 35pts
    • Sponson Lascannons 10pts
    • Night Vision 15pts

TOTAL: 2000pts

I was looking at recons as well for terror assault. Not for snipers mind you, simply for being the cheapest scoring unit available (which also ends up getting infiltrate and skirmishers). Terrors and Raptors can plug the compulsory troops to unlock these guys eazy peazy.