=][= WELCOME BACK =][=

5 hours ago, Duke Danse Macabre said:

I need to ask is it possible to show pictures imbedded in posts again rather than linking the gallery and jumping back and forth?

Just really clunky and takes allot away from plots and written bar reps.

You can indeed embed pictures directly into posts now.

12 hours ago, Dosjetka said:

Still trying to figure out how on tablet.

To confirm when you say embed you mean that the picture will visibly show in the post and not just provide a redirection link or something which must be opened?

I just can’t seem to find a way to do it but it may be the huge browser cache build up I need to clear after changing a few things so it is possible it just not displaying correctly through the browser as safari is very temperamental.

@Duke Danse Macabre If it is your OLDER posts, you'll need to go back and manually correct those. But if it is a new post. Just drop the Image link in and it will convert to the image.

http://bolterandchainsword.com/uploads/gallery/album_3712/gallery_2_3712_338553.jpg

Becomes:

gallery_2_3712_338553.jpg

On 6/27/2022 at 3:24 PM, Brother Tyler said:

You can still do that, but the process is slightly different. If you look in the upper right corner of a post, you'll see the white ellipses. Click on them and a dialog box will appear. One of the options there is to "Share." If you click on that, the URL of the post will appear. You can copy and paste that to share it with others. For example, the URL of your post immediately above this one is:

http://bolterandchainsword.com/topic/374546-welcome-back/?do=findComment&comment=5837878

While the post BBCode no longer works, you can use that URL. Here's an example, taking you back to your post...

If you just paste the URL in, you'll get the full box that, if clicked on, will take you to the URL. Alternately, you can display it as a link, instead, via the text that will appear below.

I have scrubbed out the BBCode that were Legacy techniques to refer to other Topics and Posts.  I know there are handful (less than a few dozen that slipped through the filters) but I've scrubbed millions of posts (not manually, my Ceramite armor has been fitted with a comm-link with the neural-network, traded in Chiba, real Spawl tech)

If you do find caches of posts that just are not right, I want to know.  PM with LINKS to the malformity.

On 6/28/2022 at 1:28 PM, Machine God said:

I've just noticed by looking at the Likes on one of my posts, that you can Like a post more than once.

Provide link to a post you've liked more than once.

On 6/26/2022 at 12:24 AM, Majkhel said:

Just wondering, do we need to manually update pics in our threads?

No, it is not necessary to update pictures in threads.  I've tried to hit all of them and repair glitches during the Upgrade.

If you do notice a cache of posts/images that just don't render right, send me the URL to those pages. Please.

Thanks.

On 6/28/2022 at 10:30 PM, Dosjetka said:

Pasting pictures is probably easier than it ever was.  Not only does it paste the media into the post, it puts the media file into a box called "Attachments" from whence you can refer to the image (copy it, save, etc..)

Like a bookbag of photos and media files for future use, re-use, etc..

Thanks for all teh hard work, Tyler and crew! I've certainly missed the forum. It all looks great!

A question: Where can I find my 'content'? - the list of posts I've commented on/contributed to that has the most update on that thread? I loved that feature as it made it easy to access favourite threads, regardless of their place in the forum.

If you open your profile, you can click on the Activity tab (appears by default) to see your recent activity. You can also click on the "See their activity" button in the profile header for the complete listing of all of your active (as opposed to archived) activity.

Was locked out since the forum came back online since I was assuming the email I used was one, and it was a different one (my wifes' for some reason) VERY happy to be back in, and looking forward to exploring all the shiny newness. Thanks for all the work getting this site upgraded and back online.

On 7/4/2022 at 5:23 AM, Brother Tyler said:

If you open your profile, you can click on the Activity tab (appears by default) to see your recent activity. You can also click on the "See their activity" button in the profile header for the complete listing of all of your active (as opposed to archived) activity.

I am wondering out loud if the depth of history is tuneable.  

On 6/28/2022 at 5:29 PM, Duke Danse Macabre said:

I need to ask is it possible to show pictures imbedded in posts again rather than linking the gallery and jumping back and forth?

Just really clunky and takes allot away from plots and written bar reps.

Is the "Images in posts" still an issue?

Just want to make sure we've explained it well.

On 6/28/2022 at 1:28 PM, Machine God said:

I've just noticed by looking at the Likes on one of my posts, that you can Like a post more than once.

Still waiting for an example...

Thx.

On 6/26/2022 at 12:24 AM, Majkhel said:

Yaaaay, for Sanguinius and the Emperor, so good to be back here again! 

Massive kudos for the fantastic upgrade!

Just wondering, do we need to manually update pics in our threads?

Depends.  Some I can automagically fix. Some require special care.

I don't edit manually (when fixing posts/image problems). Only via code on the backend.  So examples (patterns) of defects are welcome.

Bug report, etc.