Sven's AM - 95th Praetorian Rifles

FC5F46E1-F91F-42F8-B45B-90376142BB44.thumb.jpeg.4cca593e3f3385601d1fb83362bc1c31.jpeg

The Grenadier Guards are the Regimental Storm Troopers of the Praetorian Guard regiments. Handpicked for mental acuity, strength, and loyalty, they are trained on the nearby Naval world of Bakka. Weathering Bakka makes each Grenadier Guard a hardened fighter. However, even these elite heavy infantry have an elite of their own - the Praetorian Hussars. Set apart by their blue uniforms, they are only a handful of Regiments in size.

The 95th can boast that several squads of Hussars are attached to their ranks. Fighting as Rough Riders, the Hussars specialize as shock cavalry. Dismounted, they fight as mechanized infantry. Smashing into the enemy with their hunting lances, riding far ahead of the ranks, they are a force to be reckoned with.

++//mnemonic-data-inload: Kosak 2nd Line Guards//++

The Civilized World of Kosak is dominated by fertile plains, ideal for agriculture. Crisscrossed by rivers, it is known across the Ultima Segmentum for its rich, black soil - chernozemy in the native Low Gothic dialect. Its southern hemisphere is dominated by the mighty Carpat Mountains. 

For its tithe to the Imperium, Kosak produces several types of Regiments. These are chiefly dominated by Line Regiments organized and equipped along the Cadian model. However, Mechanized Regiments, Armored Regiments and the odd Airborne Regiment also feature in the forces produced. To the most distinguished of these, goes the title of ‘Guards’. 

During the Ashimar Campaign, the 1st Recce Company of the 95th Rifles was attached to the 2nd Kosak Line Guards. The Line Guards chiefly fought on the Dausos Front. Known for their grit, the Kosaks under Colonel Ivan Belov fought long and hard to drive off the traitor elements.

502561343_KosakSentinel.thumb.jpg.8a519e695cd3c26f8bbf5a1962428820.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

IMG_1672.jpg

Colonel Patrick "Patty" Ingalls

“I will say of the Emperor: he is my shield and protector. In him I will trust. I shall not be afraid of the Terror in the night, nor the daemon that walks in darkness. Because I have made him my refuge, he will deliver me and honor me.”

-Breviary of Bakka and Praetoria

• 1 month later...

IMG_1787.thumb.jpg.c76b03bd269ae7ac3a50fc1e31660b00.jpg

Being a long-lived, permanently-standing Regiment, the 95th possesses its own distinctive regimental honours. Amongst these are the “Blood Berets”. Those wounded conducting recon under fire are eligible for this award, which bears the motto Foras Admontio in High Gothic on its cap badge. That so many Blood Berets are present in the Regiment speaks to both the danger it exposes itself to and the value placed on the lives of its soldiers.

Thanks to my father, I acquired the Kasrkin box. I've modified the color scheme of my Grenadier Guards (Regimental Stormtroopers). It's done up to match, as best I can, the Blood Berets from Warzone/Mutant Chronicles.

IMG_1802.jpg

Edited by SvenIronhand

• 2 weeks later...

The 95th had their first outing yesterday at my FLGS, against my brother’s boxart Cadians. We fought til’ round 4 to a draw, doing only primary objectives. Though, by game’s end, he had only a Leman Russ Executioner on the board. One memorable moment was Commissar-Captain Jon Howe (the TC) running down a squad of infantry with Crush Them! 

4E556C78-C2DE-48CE-AA0F-BCD1A7C25C1A.thumb.jpeg.848bf2380dd0738de7a7084560f25d88.jpeg