7th Company, Graven Star Chapter - Torbenos' Bearers of the Word

Managed to organise another whole day affair. This time it consisted of a 2v3 game with each side having a total of 5000 points spread between them. On the side of the traitors were World Eaters and Word Bearers with the support of a Warhound. Whilst the loyalists were a mix of Iron Hands, Imperial Fists and a small section of Salamanders.

image.thumb.png.0c56618a89f424699128ab916e68dde8.png

image.thumb.png.df6686b3594e3cac1b4dad0f30b5a85b.png

image.thumb.png.53f469846eed4b5bc7647c17eee02d1f.png

Cmyly8S.png

lraPpG7.png

N4Gix9g.png

LT0S98G.png

51uGFsx.png

H55IpDl.png

• 2 months later...

As can sometimes be the case with large projects like that event I fell out of practice a bit in its wake. I've put together a squad of Gal Vobak and a Mhara Gal but for whatever reason painting them did not excite me. I did some more work on my Praetor and his Command Squad, but ran out of the bitz I feel I need to mark them out as more than rank and file. Ordered some cloaks, but those seem to be taking awhile.

In the end I decided to fall back on the true joy of kitbashing, and a squad of veterans. After consideration I settled on a simpler squad with just bolters and chainsword. From the more recent Battle Force box I had acquired some of the new MK3, and figured such a squad may be the place to use them as to mark them out from the other marines on the table. These will mostly consist of the Chaos Space Marine Kit together with both old and new MK3.

I was quite pleased with the first veteran, as shown here.

image.thumb.png.ea0cbf9f6007a5927f2eac6018410a46.png

Excited as I was I've thrown together another three in the last few days, the pose hasn't ended up quite as good on these. But I like them fine enough. I'll be looking into getting my hands on some brass rod potentially and have the vexila be a proper flag. And add in some more with slung bolters and the chainsword out.

image.thumb.png.1ec619689c7e200abcd8516b7ddd7db3.png

image.thumb.png.7c8364f757f0dc1d27de3b5367670b17.png

image.thumb.png.27aee7cdfcfa1f6b1096b043fac767fb.png

Very nice work on the vets, great additions to the unit so far. As for the brass rod, I took a pic of the ones I got recently, don’t know if it helps you out. I know it took me a while to find the right thing.

34EC91AE-F054-48ED-A785-D7758FCBBFC5.jpeg