Possible issue with font weight

RWJP

Not sure if something has been changed but @Joe and I have noticed that a number of posts are now showing their text entirely in bold, even when the user is not formatting their text bold.

This is particularly obvious in this thread: http://bolterandchainsword.com/topic/374800-10th-ed-rumours-take-salt-as-needed/ where a number of posts show in all bold, yet mine on the second page doesn't.

Thanks for pointing that out.

It was my mistake.  Well, partially. But I'll take the blame.

The issue was the signature prior to the post where the bold weight occured.  In the signature of "Doctor Peril" the HTML contained a <strong> tag followed by some characters that were not straight ASCII.  The "o" with the slash through it.   The SQL statement I used to insert updated signatures during the bulk processing choked on that character (I had to set for UTF-8 encoding and I had forgotten to).  So the insert failed on the character (without error message).

The leading <strong> (or <b>) was not terminated with a closing </strong>  .. which led the rest of the thread to remain bold.

I'll look through the signatures in bulk for mis-matched <B>, <I> <U> etc.. that may be affected.

Thanks for pointing it out.

I've fixed his signature.  Thus the thread looks right.