Arkapeli 1st Dragoons

2nd squad of the Volunteer Company.

Bostigians implement a militia system in which volunteers who didn’t want to join their nation’s regular armed forces can self organize, and conduct a minimum of biannual training, checking out weapons from their local constabulary offices.

These individual units are then brought together in volunteer companies during times of need, at which point rudimentary fatigues and weapons are formally issued.

This system has been extended beyond the current civil war to help fulfill the planet’s renewed tithing requirements.

AA4D701A-BBDE-4D1E-8D8F-19E221BFD0BF.jpeg

great start, although i noticed your heavy weapons should be on 60s to be GW legal.. not everyone likes to, but a B&C brother once gave me some great advice on this: 

To make an mdf base that you can slot your 25s into for official game play.

im jealous whenever i see people get painted models finished, takes me ages to get anything done, keep up the good work

3 hours ago, greatcrusade08 said:

great start, although i noticed your heavy weapons should be on 60s to be GW legal.. not everyone likes to, but a B&C brother once gave me some great advice on this: 

To make an mdf base that you can slot your 25s into for official game play.

im jealous whenever i see people get painted models finished, takes me ages to get anything done, keep up the good work

Gf makes funny faces at me if I try buying new models while I have incomplete projects 

On 7/14/2022 at 1:09 PM, Inquisitor_Lensoven said:

Gf makes funny faces at me if I try buying new models while I have incomplete projects 

Yeah i tend to buy way more than i need :).

although having to streamline a lot of excess projects atm, sticking with guard

• 2 weeks later...

I don’t normally paint bases but I decided to finally do it.

wanted a color that my camo scheme would blend with but obviously i didn’t want to use the same exact green.

might try adding a few spots of zhandri to suggest a transition from a sandy area to a grassy area.

5E50579F-2B93-4B7F-94F8-AF7B7108AAA0.jpeg

18 minutes ago, duz_ said:

Goliath's count as Catachan vets? Interesting choice :thumbsup:

Orlocks.

I haven’t seen goliaths, but they look a bit big for guardsmen based off of the GW website’s pics.

I have a mix of Catachan, and Cadian models in my army and I feel like the orlocks bridge the two styles fairly well.

Edited by Inquisitor_Lensoven

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...