++ True Believers : Word Bearers in 9th Edition ++

7 hours ago, Khornestar said:

I’ve been seeing hype for Master of Executions for that combo.

4 hours ago, Volgon said:

Specifically for a beatstick Lord? Ul'o'cca on a Thunder Hammer + Flames is the best setup. As Khornestar briefly mentioned, an MoE with Ul'o'cca + Exalted Possession is even better offensively than a Hammer Lord. The character is quite fragile though as it lacks an native invuln, which Exalted Possession helps with somewhat (though it's ranged only, and as a character with Look Out Sir protection it's questionable how useful that is). Best bet would be to combo the MoE with a Master of Possession and a block of Possessed. MoP casts Cursed Earth to give Daemonkin (which the EP WLT gives to the MoE) within 6" a full 4++.

True true, I do plan on picking up a MoE for my WBs. If I do equip him with Ol'o'cca how should I equip my Chaos Lord? flames of spite and what??

On 7/12/2022 at 8:37 AM, Marshal Paul said:

Bear in mind the bulk of the Dark Apostle's prayers only affect Core units, which possessed are not. 

Bugger... Totally didn't realise this.

Ah well, he can buff my Rubrics or something, (make those flamer hits ignore cover perhaps).

I have been considering a MoE with Exhalted Possession and the Baleful Icon (which is kinda troll) to run with the Possessed and Daemon Prince, the Prince doesnt get the icon's protection but it does stop the likes of Chapter Masters giving rerolls vs the possessed and MoE

Edited by Gilbertus1

5 hours ago, Volgon said:

Specifically for a beatstick Lord? Ul'o'cca on a Thunder Hammer + Flames is the best setup. As Khornestar briefly mentioned, an MoE with Ul'o'cca + Exalted Possession is even better offensively than a Hammer Lord. The character is quite fragile though as it lacks an native invuln, which Exalted Possession helps with somewhat (though it's ranged only, and as a character with Look Out Sir protection it's questionable how useful that is). Best bet would be to combo the MoE with a Master of Possession and a block of Possessed. MoP casts Cursed Earth to give Daemonkin (which the EP WLT gives to the MoE) within 6" a full 4++.

Great idea! 

Though you'd be forced to keep your Possessed back near the MoP, who may or may not be sitting in the table centre for the Word Bearers secondary.

I guess it depends on what secondaries you choose to build for.

Personally, I wouldn't want to waste the Possessed 9" movement hanging out with a 6" movement character.

2 hours ago, Astral_Jackal said:

True true, I do plan on picking up a MoE for my WBs. If I do equip him with Ol'o'cca how should I equip my Chaos Lord? flames of spite and what??

Lord with a Power Sword, upgraded to Blade of the Relentless, with Flames of Spite puts out pretty similar damage to an MoE. Re-roll all non-6s to hit to fish for mortals from the Blade.

1 hour ago, Gilbertus1 said:

Great idea! 

Though you'd be forced to keep your Possessed back near the MoP, who may or may not be sitting in the table centre for the Word Bearers secondary.

I guess it depends on what secondaries you choose to build for.

Personally, I wouldn't want to waste the Possessed 9" movement hanging out with a 6" movement character.

MoPs are powerful enough that I could see bringing two, having one center board with another as a supporting character. Pact + Mutated Invigoration on your action monkey, Warp Marked + Cursed Earth on the one with your daemonkin. I see where you are coming from regarding the movement though, and CSMs are certainly spoiled for choice when it comes to HQ slots so lots of stuff can work.

Alright I have put the finishing touches on my 2k Word Bearers army. I'm relying on MSU and massed infantry with a few support characters, with cheap deep striking units to perform actions and grab objectives later in the game. I'd like to replace the Havocs with Predators when the Deimos pattern models come out for HH. Ranged anti-tank is lacking in this list but hopefully my melee units make up for it.

Chaos Lord: MoS, 2x powerfists (Thaa'ris and Rhi'ol), Warlord (Flames of Spite)

Dark Apostle: MoN, Epistle of Lorgar

Master of Possession: MoTz

5 legionaries: MoK, Icon, chainsword and boltpistol

5 legionaries: MoK, Icon, chainsword and boltpistol

5 legionaries: Heavy Bolter, Boltguns

5 legionaries: Heavy Bolter, Boltguns

6 Possessed: Icon, Black Rune of Damnation (TotLW)

5 Terminators: MoN, Combi-bolters & Accursed Weapons, Heavy Flamer, Chainfist

5 Terminators: MoN, Combi-bolters & Accursed Weapons, Heavy Flamer, Chainfist

Master of Executions: Exalted Possession, Ul'o'cca, the Black

5 Raptors

5 Raptors

5 Havocs: MoTz, Lascannons

5 Havocs: MoTz, Havoc Autocannons

Rhino: Havoc Launcher

I plan on putting both melee Legionary squads in the rhino and deepstriking the raptors and one of the termintor squads. The other will footslog and get support from the Dark Apostle. The possessed will also footslog, the Black rune of damnation is one of the best defensive buffs I can give the unit and for 1CP its pretty worth it.

The Chaos Lord build I have seems like a fun unit to have running around, 6+2D3 powerfist attacks with re-rolls to wound can dish out a bunch of damage to 2W infantry and deal lots of damage to light armour, plus with the MoS he'll be a problem to deal with in combat too!

I hope you like this list and think its pretty well rounded. I plan on entering my first ever 40k tournament at the end of the year and I'll be taking this list (or something similar depending on balance changes).

What are your thoughts???

Do all Word Bearers warbands fluff wise have to be led by a Dark Apostle? I know during the Great Crusade and the Horus Heresy, captains and ordained officers (consuls) could lead companies while Chaplains served as highly respected spiritual leaders and advisors to the commander, and sometimes even led the force themselves. But from the codex more it seems any time the Dark Council deploys a Grand Host, a Dark Apostle per religious doctrine must lead it with the Coryphaeus acting as the second in command and the formal general of the army unless the First Acolyte was prodigious enough to prove themselves stronger. 

On 7/14/2022 at 8:08 PM, Pirate Empress said:

Do all Word Bearers warbands fluff wise have to be led by a Dark Apostle? I know during the Great Crusade and the Horus Heresy, captains and ordained officers (consuls) could lead companies while Chaplains served as highly respected spiritual leaders and advisors to the commander, and sometimes even led the force themselves. But from the codex more it seems any time the Dark Council deploys a Grand Host, a Dark Apostle per religious doctrine must lead it with the Coryphaeus acting as the second in command and the formal general of the army unless the First Acolyte was prodigious enough to prove themselves stronger. 

No, as per the codex Word Bearers forces can be led by different commanders, and that only some of the time Dark Apostles command. 

Take into account what we’ve seen in things like the Word Bearers trilogy, and you can make your warband whatever you like in the end.

2A569F7F-3364-49E4-AD4D-632CD2EFBA50.jpeg

E7CE7C83-D650-4982-89EE-81273ABE803F.jpeg

On 7/14/2022 at 10:08 PM, Pirate Empress said:

The old index Astartes article in White Dwarf had a blurb that stated hosts were led by Dark Apostles, and other champions of chaos were subordinate to them and desired their position upon the formers demise (or ascension I suppose). 

These days the new lore makes apostles advisors to a lord as well as lords of a host themselves. Really you can do whatever you want from both a rules and lore point of view, which makes the most sense thematically and crunch wise. I think dark apostles offer more than a generic chaos lord with the new rules though. 

One of the 2k point lists I'm kicking around...

++ Battalion Detachment 0CP (Chaos - Chaos Space Marines) [108 PL, , 2,000pts] ++

+ Configuration +

Battle Size [6CP]: 3. Strike Force (101-200 Total PL / 1001-2000 Points) 

Detachment Command Cost

Gametype: 4. Chapter Approved: War Zone Nephilim

Legion: Word Bearers

+ HQ +

Dark Apostle [5 PL, -3CP, 95pts]: 1. The Voice of Lorgar, Apostle of the Dark Council, Chaos Undivided, Epistle of Lorgar, Illusory Supplication, Stratagem: Relic, Stratagem: Warlord Trait, Warlord, Warp-sight Plea
. 2x Dark Disciple: 2x Close combat weapon

Master of Possession [6 PL, -2CP, 105pts]: 4. Master of the Union, Aspiring Lord, Chaos Undivided, Gifts of Chaos, Mutated Invigoration, The Malefic Tome, Warp Marked

Master of Possession [7 PL, 120pts]: Cursed Earth, Mark of Nurgle, Pact of Flesh

+ Troops +

Legionaries [13 PL, 220pts]: Chaos Icon, Mark of Khorne
. Aspiring Champion: Plasma pistol, Power axe
. 8x Marine w/ astartes chainsword: 8x Astartes chainsword, 8x Bolt pistol, 8x Frag & Krak grenades
. Marine w/ heavy chainaxe: Heavy chainaxe

Legionaries [13 PL, 245pts]: Chaos Icon, Mark of Nurgle
. Aspiring Champion: Astartes chainsword, Boltgun
. Marine w/ balefire tome: Balefire tome, Prescience
. 6x Marine w/ boltgun: 6x Bolt pistol, 6x Boltgun, 6x Frag & Krak grenades
. Marine w/ heavy weapon: Reaper chaincannon
. Marine w/ heavy weapon: Havoc autocannon

Legionaries [6 PL, 100pts]: Chaos Undivided
. Aspiring Champion: Astartes chainsword, Boltgun
. 3x Marine w/ boltgun: 3x Bolt pistol, 3x Boltgun, 3x Frag & Krak grenades
. Marine w/ special weapon: Plasma gun

+ Elites +

Master of Executions [5 PL, 80pts]: Mark of Tzeentch

Possessed [14 PL, -1CP, 280pts]
. 9x Possessed: 9x Hideous mutations
. Possessed Champion: Black Rune of Damnation, Trophies of the Long War

+ Heavy Support +

Defiler [10 PL, 205pts]: Combi-flamer, Defiler scourge, Twin lascannon

Obliterators [15 PL, 270pts]
. 3x Obliterator: 3x Crushing fists, 3x Fleshmetal guns

+ Dedicated Transport +

Chaos Rhino [4 PL, 90pts]: Combi-flamer

Chaos Terrax-Pattern Termite [10 PL, 190pts]
. 2 Twin Terrax volkite chargers: 2x Twin Terrax volkite Charger

++ Total: [108 PL, 2,000pts] 

I'm using all of my CP prior to the game but I'll being get 2 a battle round so hopefully that won't be too much of an issue. 

I'm using the Termite as a transport for the Possessed, MoE, and MoP. The capacity is 12 and currently Possessed don't take up 2 slots like the do in a Land Raider. 

Edited by Reiver1596

1 hour ago, danodan123 said:

Not entirely sold on the apostle of the dark council being worth the command point to be honest.

I'm not certain about it either. I have notoriously bad rolls (consistently well below the averages) in my gaming group though so I'm trying eliminate the number times I would need to spend a CP for a re-roll on something that I need to happen when I make lists. 

Edited by Reiver1596

I ended up taking this list instead of the one above against my friend's Iyanden/Harlequin list.

++ Battalion Detachment 0CP (Chaos - Chaos Space Marines) [108 PL, 2,000pts, 6CP] ++

+ Configuration +

Battle Size [12CP]: 3. Strike Force (101-200 Total PL / 1001-2000 Points) 

Detachment Command Cost

Gametype: 2. Chapter Approved 2021

+ HQ +

Daemon Prince with Wings [11 PL, 170pts]: 2. Exalted Possession, Death Hex, Malefic talons, Mark of Slaanesh, Thaa' ris and Rhi'ol, the Rapacious, Warlord, Wings

Dark Apostle [6 PL, 110pts, -3CP]: 3. Daemonic Whispers, Apostle of the Dark Council, Aspiring Lord, Epistle of Lorgar, Gifts of Chaos, Illusory Supplication, Mark of Slaanesh, Soultearer Portent
. 2x Dark Disciple: 2x Close combat weapon

Master of Possession [7 PL, 120pts, -1CP]: Gifts of Chaos, Liber Hereticus, Mark of Slaanesh, Mutated Invigoration, Pact of Flesh

+ Troops +

Cultist Mob [2 PL, 50pts]
. 9x Chaos Cultist w/ cultist firearm: 9x Cultist firearm, 9x Frag & Krak grenades
. Cultist Champion
. . Autopistol and brutal assault weapon

. 9x Chaos Cultist w/ cultist firearm: 9x Cultist firearm, 9x Frag & Krak grenades
. Cultist Champion

Legionaries [7 PL, 135pts]: Mark of Slaanesh
. Aspiring Champion: Astartes chainsword, Daemon blade
. 3x Marine w/ astartes chainsword: 3x Astartes chainsword, 3x Bolt pistol, 3x Frag & Krak grenades

+ Elites +

Chaos Terminator Squad [19 PL, 375pts]: Mark of Slaanesh
. Chaos Terminator: Accursed weapon, Combi-bolter
. Chaos Terminator: Accursed weapon, Heavy flamer
. Chaos Terminator: Accursed weapon, Combi-flamer
. Terminator Champion: Accursed weapon, Combi-flamer

Chosen [15 PL, 270pts, -1CP]: Chaos Icon, Mark of Slaanesh
. Chosen: Bolt pistol, Boltgun
. Chosen Champion: Black Rune of Damnation, Bolt pistol, Boltgun, Trophies of the Long War

Master of Executions [4 PL, 65pts, -1CP]: 1. Flames of Spite, Aspiring Lord, Chaos Undivided

+ Fast Attack +

Venomcrawler [6 PL, 105pts]

Warp Talons [7 PL, 140pts]: Warp Talon Champion
. 4x Warp Talon: 4x Warp claws

+ Heavy Support +

Obliterators [15 PL, 270pts]
. 3x Obliterator: 3x Crushing fists, 3x Fleshmetal guns

++ Total: [108 PL, 6CP, 2,000pts] ++

Created with BattleScribe

We played a tempest of war game, I believe take and hold was the primary. Mission twist was halved cost of units in strategic reserve, which neither of us used. I had a secondary to keep a 12" circle in the center, which I didn't get; hold more objectives than my opponent at the end of my turn, which I did score; and I believe hold 3 or more objectives, which I also achieved. I also held some objectives throughout the game. I got defender and first turn.

Master of Possession is pretty damn good, having 3 powers was pretty useful but my opponent had lots of psykers as well, though I only got denied once and passed one by using the auto-pass strat. He can also swing that staff around well enough to matter sometimes. It's cool to be able to advance a unit like this and not really miss out on much with a bolt pistol. I healed and resurrected an obliterator on two turns, which helped a lot.

Dark Apostle was great too. Dark Council upgrade and the relic that gave CP with lucky rolls seemed worth it as the extra 2 allowed me a strat I wouldn't otherwise have been able to use. He also slew a spiritseer too, for good measure. The powers were straightforward and worthwhile. My positioning wasn't ideal at deployment so I leveraged them on maybe not the ideal targets, but the buffs were almost always utilized on something. Advance and charge with Slaanesh allowed me to push the legionaries into combat to rock some wraithguard.

Daemon prince didn't really get to shine due to careless movement, he did manage to survive long enough to cast death hex on a harlequin troupe, charge them, and wipe them out. He died shortly after. The relic claws were cool, but I don't know if I'd take them again. Hexagrammatic ward was great for keeping him alive, and exalted possession gave him an extra wound which mattered. He's the one HQ I'd consider swapping around, as the other two seemed much more impactful.

Warp Talons were awesome. Slew many elves. With the legion trait, re-rolling hits and wounds is the bees knees. They tied up a wraithlord for a couple of turns with one unit, killed most of a unit of guardians with another who then killed a farseer in a later turn. Units of 5 are swell due to being able to hide and ambush since we both need to be aggressive with objectives and I could exploit that with them. Lucky rolling with charges helped too.

Cultists did their thing hiding on objectives, holding two and eating lots of bullets. Still, performed their role and helped win the game directly, so not just chaff.

Legionaries with the balefire tome and daemon blade were awesome. They advanced and charged into the wraithguard with a psychic buff that I think allowed them to ignore 1AP or something, but the aspiring champion felled three of them with lucky rolls in wanton slaughter and getting greedy with the word bearers reroll hits trait. The chainsword attacks all bounced off, but that was slick. Prescience was useful almost every turn except the first, due to terrain and all his guns I needed to hide and let him move up. They zapped the wraithguard with smite for a mortal wound, which allowed the champion to cut an extra one down.

Chosen with the black rune were deployed far on a flank so didn't get to benefit from the full amount of buffs I'd hoped for, but they did fine. The rune allowed them to tank a ton more than they would have otherwise, but I straight up forgot they had 3 wounds until 5 of them had been killed. Still, they killed a shadowseer by all popping her with pistols, and then charged but failed to kill a voidweaver - 1 wound left. Mark and Icon of Slaanesh were great, fights first and +1 to hit both mattered.

Obliterators did some killing, but really held down an objective and small sector of the board due to being really hard to kill off. They were whittled down to 1 obliterator after surviving a ton of shooting, then I healed and resurrected two turns in a row. They got charged, and ended up fighting a bit and killing a death jester and taking an objective from him. I gambled with their shooting and used the strongest profile against the wraithguard, killed 3 over the course of the game with them over 2 turns I think. They're fun. 

The terminators were awesome, deep striking and roasting 3/5 rangers, 5/5 harlequin troupe, then charging and killing 4/5 of a second troupe. We had a mixup where my opponent made a mistake with the weapon profile of the wraith guns, thinking it was something else that gave it a lot more shots than they should have had. As a result I lost 6 terminators in one turn, which could have meant far fewer killed. Still, they held their own throughout the game, with 2 surviving to clear and take an objective. The 9" charge they made out of deep strike and the flamers rocked hard. Even with the mistake that killed so many of them, they honored the gods well.

The venomcrawler's greatest contribution was the +1 to cast on psychic powers. I think I killed a troupe master with its shooting in one turn and failed to do anything the other turn. It then got charged and wrecked by a wraithlord. No explosion, which was good for me. I think it was super worthwhile, as the casting buff allowed me to succeed I think 4 times that would otherwise have failed. 

The master of executions finished off a unit of guardians and took the center objective, then somehow tanked a bunch of shooting before going down.

The legion traits are really good. Didn't roll hot on my FNP saves against mortals, but did make enough to matter.

SLAANESH DINED WELL TODAY.

Edited by Khornestar

On 7/22/2022 at 6:45 PM, Reiver1596 said:

I'm not certain about it either. I have notoriously bad rolls (consistently well below the averages) in my gaming group though so I'm trying eliminate the number times I would need to spend a CP for a re-roll on something that I need to happen when I make lists. 

You are aware CP rerolls do not work in prayer Rolls? 

So after having about half a dozen games with my word bearers, I think they are my favourite army to play with at the moment (perhaps equal to Nids). They’re not overly complicated, they’re not overly powerful, but once they get into combat with an army it all gets very funky! Some really nice tricks to keep things alive long enough to get into combat and plenty of ways to make things really killy. My favourite unit at the moment has to be possessed, the 9” movement catches everyone off-guard, and with our legion trait they chew through things really nicely! Well done GW, another fine codex!

Had a game with the following list today. Against my buddy’s craftworld and harlequin army. Solitaire, troupe master, shadow seer, succubus, death jester, farseer, warlock, 10 guardians with missile launcher, 10 wyches, 5 incubi, 5 warp spiders, 2 troupes, 2 voidweavers, 5 fire dragons, beast master, I think 6 chymerae, and 5 rangers.

++ Battalion Detachment 0CP (Chaos - Chaos Space Marines) [73 PL, 1,425pts, -2CP] ++

+ Configuration +

Detachment Command Cost

Gametype: 2. Chapter Approved 2021

+ HQ +

Lord Discordant on Helstalker [9 PL, 175pts]: 1. Flames of Spite, Baleflamer, Chaos Undivided, Magma cutter, Ul'o'cca, the Black, Warlord

Master of Possession [7 PL, 120pts, -1CP]: Gifts of Chaos, Infernal Power, Mark of Slaanesh, Pact of Flesh, The Malefic Tome, Warp Marked

+ Troops +

. Cultist Champion

. Cultist Champion

Legionaries [7 PL, 125pts]: Mark of Slaanesh
. Aspiring Champion: Bolt pistol, Boltgun
. 3x Marine w/ astartes chainsword: 3x Astartes chainsword, 3x Bolt pistol, 3x Frag & Krak grenades

+ Elites +

Chaos Terminator Squad [19 PL, 370pts, -1CP]: Mark of Slaanesh
. Terminator Champion: Accursed weapon, Black Rune of Damnation, Combi-bolter, Trophies of the Long War

+ Fast Attack +

Venomcrawler [6 PL, 105pts]

+ Heavy Support +

Maulerfiend [7 PL, 150pts]: Lasher tendrils

++ Super-Heavy Auxiliary Detachment -3CP (Chaos - Chaos Space Marines) [29 PL, 575pts, 12CP] ++

+ Configuration +

Battle Size [12CP]: 3. Strike Force (101-200 Total PL / 1001-2000 Points) 

+ Lord of War +

Khorne Lord of Skulls [29 PL, 575pts]: Daemongore cannon, Hades gatling cannon

++ Total: [102 PL, 10CP, 2,000pts] ++

Created with BattleScribe

We again played Tempest of War, getting dawn of war deployment with a primary that allowed scoring after the first turn, with control one/more and an action to capture an objective for 2 CP.

to write more 

We again played Tempest of War, getting dawn of war deployment with a primary that allowed scoring after the first turn, with control one/more and an action to capture an objective for 2 Vp.

I ended up going second and also winning, I think by about 15 points. We called it at the end of turn 4 after my terminators wiped the death jester and I consolidated into the guardians, which would have prevented them from moving onto an objective in his following turn.

Master of Possession rocked once again, buffing the Lord of Skulls mostly, as well as using Warp Marked. He ended up getting to whack the shadowseer with his staff, causing perils but killing her outright with damage from failed saves. Dark Pact also kept him alive for another turn, letting him cast again before getting sniped by the death jester.

Lord Discordant was good, though I failed to roll a single 6 to wound. He killed the incubi and the succubus, and also buffed the lord of skulls with the curse. He went down to fire dragons opening up on him after that. The number of attacks was his saving grace. I rolled poorly with the baleflamer, but it still ended up doing okay thanks to let the galaxy burn.

Cultists were great. One unit died turn 2 to warp spider deep strikers, the other unit lived all game to cap and control my home objective.

Legionaries were great. Prescience on warp talons and the lord of skulls was awesome, and then delightful agonies on the terminators turn 3. They didn’t end up getting to use the FNP, but whatever. They lost a legionary to some mortals and shooting, I forget from whom. The shadowseer charged and killed 2, they cut her up a little and then fell back onto an objective. 

Warp Talons again awesome. Choppy choppy. One unit killed a voidweaver and then tanked a bunch before going down. The other unit killed the solitaire after getting whittled down to 2, then 1. This lone survivor went on to kill the farseer. Reroll everything is just swell. Against t3 infantry, just super good.

The terminators were probably the MVP once again. My opponent did a good job screening the board, I had very few places to drop in. I placed them on the cusp of no man’s land and my deployment zone. I unloaded everything into the warp spiders, but only killed 3/5. They have more wounds than I thought, and he gave the exarch 4 wounds with an upgrade. With luck, they made their 9 inch charge against the shadowseer and troupe master. The MoP killed the former, they killed the latter. The next turn, they rolled super hot on the heavy flamer attacks against the guardians 12” away, killing off 5 of them, then killing the warlock with combi flamers and I can’t remember what they dumped their bolters into. They charged and wiped the death jester, then as mentioned consolidated into the guardians and the game ended. Let the galaxy burn really makes their flamers worthwhile. Black rune was useful for the few attacks they sustained but they were so aggressive and effective that they barely took any hits to begin with.

Venomcrawler was good. I forgot that vehicles could shoot in combat for 2 turns, but when I remembered, he annihilated the beast master. Spent the game tied up in melee tanking the beast master and the chymerae, then the farseer as well. The +1 to psychic tests only came in handy turn 1, then I charged him out of range to tie up the beasts. He seemed fine, solid.

Maulerfiend charged a voidweaver turn 2 but the lord discordant killed it. He screened the lord from the fire dragons, and died as a result. Eh, he did his job in contributing to the fast moving target saturation. A vehicle is gonna die every turn if they’re in range, so better him than the lord. Still, I think the mauler would have done similar enough damage. No matter.

The Lord of Skulls killed the wyches with his Gatling cannon, and the two harlequin troupes. He tanked a bit of shooting, lost many wounds due to mortal wounds, and was ultimately felled by the warlock’s sword. Ha! He was just so-so, not an absolute steamroller by any means. 4++ everywhere in his army really neuters a lot. He was a great bully unit, and with buffs his shooting was pretty dang good. I will ponder whether or not I’d rather being 500+ points of other things in his place, though. His ability to fall back and charge partially helped win the game, as I was able to charge the second full troupe as a result, after shooting the first to death.

We have some really good strats, and the legion rules are just so good! Re-roll hits matters for every unit. Makes the good ones better, gives the less melee-focused units a better chance at doing something. The fact that it triggers during the first round of combat no matter who charged is just the icing on the cake. The mortal wounds save once again was nice, though I probably failed more than the expected 2/3 of rolls. Whatever, better than not saving at all!

I am really loving this army. Just so many ways to build it, so many options to try out. Another good game!

Edited by Khornestar