Exo-Armour reveal and Discussion

I really, really don't understand the animal decoration they're put on them. We've seen a wolf, boar, horse and bird backpack banner, as well as what appears to be a Ram-style decoration on the side of a weapon in the datacard stuff a while back....yet we've seen absolutely nothing in the way of Votann-themed decorations. It's obviously a thing for them it's a thing in both their faction icon and even appeared in their architecture with Votann/Dwarf-Faces for walls, so just why would it not be part of the models and they go for Animals instead? It feels out of place. Those banners should have been different faces of the Votann.

Edited by TheVoidDragon

11 minutes ago, TheVoidDragon said:

I really, really don't understand the animal decoration they're put on them. We've seen a wolf, boar, horse and bird backpack banner, as well as what appears to be a Ram-style decoration on the side of a weapon in the datacard stuff a while back....yet we've seen absolutely nothing in the way of Votann-themed decorations. It's obviously a thing for them it's a thing in both their faction icon and even appeared in their architecture with Votann/Dwarf-Faces for walls, so just why would it not be part of the models and they go for Animals instead? It feels out of place. Those banners should have been different faces of the Votann.

Someone suggested elsewhere it could be linked to the squads Cloneskein - horse could be "accelerated" for example. Or it could be clan totems. I quite like them myself. I would appreciate the leaders having an ancestor faceplate though to further distinguish them. 

I'm interested to read what those totems are about and I hope they do explain their significance.

1 minute ago, silverstu said:

Someone suggested elsewhere it could be linked to the squads Cloneskein - horse could be "accelerated" for example. Or it could be clan totems. I quite like them myself. I would appreciate the leaders having an ancestor faceplate though to further distinguish them. 

I'm interested to read what those totems are about and I hope they do explain their significance.

Think the accelerated units will be unique datasheets. The articles said something about their not-psykers having the ability to move stuff through the warp. Imagining something like Eldar Warp Spiders.

4 hours ago, Lexington said:

That Exo-Armor is, like…Mantic-level bad. Wow. I did not expect to see something like this coming from GW.

Yeah I thought of the Enforcer mini I got in v1 of Deadzone.

Guide to Warpath Operation Heracles: Enforcers - Mantic Games

3 hours ago, OttoVonAwesome said:

It's like they smashed together every imperial aesthetic into one model, Van Saar vibes mixed with Admech and a Terminator suit then they just tacked on some vaguely dwarven runes wich look really odd. I'd like to see them with thier spaceman helmets on.

I mean this kinda makes sense from a design point doesn't it? considering they all come from human STC's I would say it would look odd if their tech didn't look like a mix of what we have now.

14 hours ago, silverstu said:

Really love them, not in that scheme but I'm exiting to get my hands on them. A few guys have mocked them up in alt schemes and added dwarf runes and battle markings ad they look ace. Betting they will come with a load of options too as the leaked art for them on the card box has one with a shield/dual bolter load out, hoping for more big hammers/axes.. 

What's amusing to me about those edits, having seen them higher up the thread, is that far more than the WarCom scheme they trip my brain's schema for 'Space Marine.' Like my instant read on the first one of them is Grey Knight Terminator despite the colours only being in vaguely the same space.

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, Triszin said:

Seeing the leaders armor, I wonder if it is a light exo suit?

I much prefer the leaders armor, ATM over the full Exo.

I don't think so, it just seems like a more armoured version of the Hearthkyn armour. Like that it just seems to be armoured plates stuck ontop of a void suit.

16 hours ago, TheVoidDragon said:

I don't think so, it just seems like a more armoured version of the Hearthkyn armour. Like that it just seems to be armoured plates stuck ontop of a void suit.

Yes it looks like extra armour rather than an Exo suit. I wonder if there will be exo suit characters - maybe in the future/second wave. Really interested to see what options the squad have and seeing the models in the round. Guessing we will get a better feel for the whole army at Nova.