The Aksha'i Cruentes - A World Eater Crusade Log

Cheex

19 hours ago, Kythnos said:

Thanks for sharing this battle report. I guess Arkrath needs more ritually applied paint to strengthen his hold in the material realm :biggrin:

Yeah, about that...

Gods damn this was such a fun kit to paint. some of the detailing was a bit of a slog, but in the end it was so satisfying.

I didn't get to play another Crusade game last week, but I did play a 2k Nephilim GT battle. I didn't bring an optimised list with me to the club, but I was still happy with how the list performed. Turns out adding a Black Rune to Terminators is as useful as expected!

I didn't take notes or photos for the battle so I won't go into detail. I took World Eaters and Khorne Daemons against Blood Axe Orks. Some highlights:

• 10 Red Butchers with Black Rune is an extremely expensive investment in CPs. They walked up the field, set up a banner and enemies (including five Meganobz and Warboss) just bounced off them. They did amazingly, but probably didn't need the Red Butchers upgrade to do their job - in hindsight, they probably would've done just as well with the occasional use of Wrath of the Chosen and/or Fury of Khorne rather than the early investment of Red Butchers.
  • Arkrath had his debut as a fully-painted model and very much made up for his pre-paintjob Crusade performance. I played a little cagey with him, moving up slowly behind the Terminators before flying out to prey on a Battlewagon (which he just killed, but still) and mop up what was left after the Terminators did their thing.
  • The Daemon allies were decent. I took six Bloodcrushers who, along with the Terminators, formed the front line and absorbed quite a bit of shooting. The Crushers didn't kill much themselves since they weren't really presented with ideal targets (other than trampling some Stormboyz and killing most of a Meganobz mob before dying), but they did hold back an entire flank by themselves.
  • Berzerkers in Rhinos formed my reserves and did exceedingly well. While the Terminators and Bloodcrushers held the enemy back, the Berzerkers held back in their Rhinos where they would then spring out and reinforce where needed. It was very effective.

The end result of this battle was an 83-72 victory to the World Eaters. The score was very close, but there were very few Orks left on the field while I still had most of mine. I found it difficult to keep up with VP scoring, though I imagine that comes with practice, but it was a good little palate-cleanser from all the Crusading.

Other than this battle, I have been working on a new project: some replacement Terminators using the newer plastic kit. I love this kit, despite the awkward weapon options, and now that we know a little more about what's coming in Codex: World Eaters, I feel a lot more comfortable working on this project.

Enjoy!

Thanks for the battle report - good of you to stick it to them orks!  And I don't know what you mean about your blood crushers hardly doing anything - that nob sqaud (depending on the numbers and the loadout) was likely one of the more potent of your opponent's units.

Love your new termies - those 3d printed parts look ace, as do the chains.

2 hours ago, Dr_Ruminahui said:

Thanks for the battle report - good of you to stick it to them orks!  And I don't know what you mean about your blood crushers hardly doing anything - that nob sqaud (depending on the numbers and the loadout) was likely one of the more potent of your opponent's units.

True! Maybe a bit harsh to say they didn't kill much. They did draw a lot of firepower from Tankbustaz and distracted five Meganobz for the whole game. 

2 hours ago, Dr_Ruminahui said:

Love your new termies - those 3d printed parts look ace, as do the chains.

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

Looks great - the descriptions and photos are all top notch!

Though, you currently have a picture of your cultists for your terminators entry - I chuckled at the mismatch in power between the unit and "their" photo.

4 hours ago, Dr_Ruminahui said:

Looks great - the descriptions and photos are all top notch!

Though, you currently have a picture of your cultists for your terminators entry - I chuckled at the mismatch in power between the unit and "their" photo.

Ha! Whoops, fixed now. Thanks for the compliment and heads up.