What does the impulsor need to be desirable?

The ability to transport more models would be nice- right now its like a Razorback without the potential lethality of the Razorback's weaponry. Barring that, it needs to come down in points, but then again I think all SM transports are overcosted. Strapping three stubbers on it adds some firepower to the storm bolters at 15 points, which isn't horrible for a transport and you no longer have to take the shield dome with AoC basically rendering it useless against anything less than AP-4. 

I don't know how you would make them more durable or more lethal without having to revamp the entire SM vehicle line- the Impulsor's stats are pretty much in line with all the other vehicles and the weapons it sports are also used frequently.

Unfortunately the 100 points they cost is equal to another Intercessor squad or such, and for the most part I'd rather just march up the board with another squad and trust in my power armor than get an Impulsor. The only use I really see for them is to take a unit of Bladeguard and a buffer character like a Chaplain to get the squad into the middle of the board without losing a Bladeguard member or two. Even then I'm on the edge on whether it is worth it or not. Dropping points seems the easiest way to get them on the board, but you'd also have to drop Rhinos/Razorbacks by an equal amount at the same time I would think.

5 hours ago, Lord_Ikka said:

Dropping points seems the easiest way to get them on the board, but you'd also have to drop Rhinos/Razorbacks by an equal amount at the same time I would think.

That sounds fair to me and i think most players feel the Rhino and RB are overpriced at the moment. I know that several vehicles got buffed in the Chaos codex (T8 Preds, T9 Rhinos, D6+2 damage lascannons etc). Did anyone notice if Rhinos got any changes? I am guessing they are still T7 but are they still the same points.

On 7/28/2022 at 6:06 AM, Lord_Ikka said:

What would Fly give it that would be useful?

They should never have had Fly. They can't fly in the lore, and it was dumb they had it at all.

At most, if, say, 'Hover' was a keyword which let you ignore certain types of ground terrain, that would make sense, but it wouldn't make them worth taking.

foremost what BBF said:

- too expensive ( 110 points in comparison to harleqin or drukhari transports which are far better)

- better input ( just 11 wounds and 3+ Save in this current state of the game is not that bad - but not worth that points)

- FLY. at least a rule like "hover" which can ignore some terrain 

- open topped (so that a unit can shoot from inside)

1 hour ago, mertbl said:

if you could disembark after it moves and charge out of it, it would be better. a psuedo fly to help deal with terrain. 

That is the most sort after upgrade for every transport in the game. It is really unlikely to be able to do that especially since the land raider isn't getting it. 

think about a Raider which is one of the reasons why Drukhari are as strong as they are. 

It costs less, have FLY kewyword, is open topped and can carry 11 models, have a 5+ Inv. and a strong weapon.

Even Black Templars which can have a 5 Inv. and a MM on it must pay 130 points.  I think 70 points BASE would be okay.

The shield dome option needs to now give it either a 4+ invuln or something else that is useful, maybe a -1 to Hit, to counter the fact that AoC is so powerful against any weapon with less than AP -4. Right now it is a 15 point option that does literally nothing unless you are facing a lot of meltas.