Local RTT - 2000pnts - 20/8/22 - BA

Morticon

I often get teased in my local group about my love and continued use of attack bikes.  One of the better players even thinks they're largely useless (But I feel his views are skewed on account of him playing Tau <_<) . Yet, they were amazing in my games, not only because of their mobility and firepower (and core keyword), but because of their ability to suck up overwatch or score Relentless Assault. 

I played more cagey with them than I ever have, this tournament though, and they often held back for a the first few turns (even going into reserve for 2 games). 

As far as the Knight "rematch" - i think now I know them, I would definitely do a LOT better. 

I feel I had some things stacked against me.  The mission and the terrain were particularly brutal, allowing huge lines of fire and the 6objective game playing into the "ObSec and Ccounts as 5models" knights strengths. 

I would have absolutely targeted the shooty knights, rather than the fighty ones - I was fearing the countercharge of the fighty guys, but given the ability of units to fallback and shoot or shoot into combat, it was absolutely the worse choice. 

The dread range abilities of the chaos knights are unbelievably powerful.  Know their abilities and modifiers- because i didn't and it boned me...hard.  By turn 4 I was taking a -4 to LD in order to charge.  You need to make sure you can mitigate that somehow, or get stuck in before. 

I would ensure that each character can take a knight out on the charge. Astorath I think killed 3.  I forgot to charge my biker DC cap, which could have killed one. Dante is not likely to kill with the damage reduction.  SG are also likely to bounce unless they're buffed and in AssltDoc. 

I think a healthy mix of shooting and fighting will work, but yeh, those melta are brutal. 

Unless you're bringing a libby with multiple MW powers, dont bother with Abaddon.  He's a bad joke. Everything he touched evaporated and he's an absolute tank.  You need to move around him and play the field.  Certain mission matchups with him in the mix will be awful.  He's not even a monster like Gully. He's infantry.