Daemons of Slaanesh Rules Preview

Sersi

What?!!! Daemonettes are movement 10" and Seekers are M16" and S4/T4!  Daemonette with effectively 17" charge range on average and potentially 24" without advance and charge.

Masques "Eternal Dance" is decent but I hope their more to her than this and re-rolling 1's to wound.

1148287_sm-.jpg

1148288_sm-Slaaneshi%20Damons.jpg

1148286_sm-.jpg

Still need to see the weapons profiles but it does look like a good glow-up just from basic stats. I'm not sure how I feel about line infantry that can move 10" but T3 and a 5+ save doesn't make them that survivable sat on an objective. At least lack of shooting makes it not seem like a decision when it comes to actions. 

These are some big boosts: 

Daemonettes:

Gained: +1S, +2A, +3M, +1AP, they lost the rending rule but now wound Marines on a 4+ with 2X the number of attacks and better AP.

10X Daemonettes:

(41 Attacks)(0.667) = 27.3 hits, (27.3)(0.50) = 13.7 wounds, (13.7)(0.50) = 6.8 unsaved wounds = (6.8)(0.50) = 3.4 dead space marines
(41 Attacks)(0.667) = 27.3 hits, (27.3)(0.667) = 13.7 wounds, (18.2)(1) = 18.2 unsaved wounds =  18.4 dead Imperial Guardsman

* Even with the loss of rending and fights first they murder in melee, even with no other support. With a base 10" move they should always be getting the charge anyway.

Seekers:

Gained: +1S, +1T, +2A, +2M, +1AP, they also lost the rending rule but now wound Marines on a 4+ with 2X the number of attacks and better AP.

Unholy Speed: is now +1 to charge rolls.

3 minutes ago, Progenitor said:

Still need to see the weapons profiles but it does look like a good glow-up just from basic stats. I'm not sure how I feel about line infantry that can move 10" but T3 and a 5+ save doesn't make them that survivable sat on an objective. At least lack of shooting makes it not seem like a decision when it comes to actions. 

The Discord playtest rumor is Daemonette Claws are:  Melee S:user/AP-2/Dam 1.   They've all been correct so far.

6 hours ago, Progenitor said:

Remember it's a 4+ save for shooting, 5+ for melee.

They have to though. For each two step forwards they took one back. Plaguebearers went up 66% in points and gained 1T, 1A, 1W, got a slightly better save for shooting (5++ to 4+ DS) and I heard some AP. What did it cost them besides 66% points increase? They lost their 5+++, lost the ability to be taken in groups of 30, lost their -1 to be hit, lost 1LD and lost their full rerolls to wound on attacks.

Daemonettes went up over 70% in points, gained 2A*, 1S, 1AP, 3" move and a slightly better save for shooting, for almost doubling in points. They lost the ability to be taken in 30, lost their rend on 6's and lost the extra attack bonus for being in a group, so really only 1 extra attack. So they became slightly more killy and faster with a 4++ for shooting instead of 5++ for nearly doubling in points. They also don't fight first either considering that is now a warp storm thing for slaanesh that you have to roll enough 4+'s for and sacrifice picking something else (like Tzeentch can get +1BS and nurgle can get +1WS).

The units themselves are not scary at all. The humble bolter of S4 0AP 1D will do just fine for killing daemonettes, and because of the cost increase they lost durability per point spent when you math it out even against bolters, with slaanesh being the most fragile of the 4 gods.

The real gems of the book are the warp storm stuff and deepstriking. Not sure why people are scared of the datasheets, everything in the book except a few really bad units went up by atleast a few points or all the way to over doubling in points. You can't quit the arms race with 2 codexes left when you gave it to the previous 20+. Fingers crossed 10th Ed corrects the arms race though!

• 3 weeks later...

The problem is really that I only have one Keeper in my collection and even though everything else got better the prices went up too much.  10 Daemonettes hit about as hard as 20 used to, but they cost almost as much and the 4+/5+ doesn't make up for having half as many bodies on the table so they die really fast, and that's repeated over the whole army. 

I have a horde and the book is rigged to play Monster Mash now, and there's zero benefit to playing mono-god anymore.

So far I've played them into CSM and Necrons, the Daemons bounced off the first and the second was a ridiculous turkey shoot.