Codex Daemons Leaks/Pics

Khornestar

This thread will be for all leaked codex content. Please feel free to continue commenting in god-specific threads.

Full points: 

C5C89637-5138-4056-ABD4-7AEF5EB4F732.png

DE998423-897F-4A5D-BD37-1C1296A0211A.png

1841D252-7165-44AF-8334-28DD216D4A12.png

2D5907B3-2513-4CA2-B9FD-1F2E724D25E8.png

73212199-92FD-4DB6-A9FD-E90DAC926E16.png

Seems a bit odd how expensive bloodletters and plaguebearers are compared to the others, but so be it. Not insanely overpriced or anything, and with the right synergies they will likely shine.

19 point flesh hounds… what a thrill! I think they will fit into so many lists nicely.

Edited by Xenith
removed duplicate image

Bloodletters are only more expensive than Daemonettes (by just 1ppm) and Blue Horrors (who, it is rumoured, don't have ObSec and can't do actions). I think they're in a good spot, at least as far as internal balance goes.

Curious to see any Crusade rules! Haven't heard a peep about them yet.

Edited by Cheex

Demonettes seem grossly expensive for how fragile they are.

I'm assuming the Tormentbringer on the various chariot types is the new "Herald on chariot" equivalent.

Anybody know what the Tranceweaver is?  Unless that's what the 2 new(ish) AoS Slaneshi characters are, I'm surprised they aren't in this codex.

55 minutes ago, Dr_Ruminahui said:

Demonettes seem grossly expensive for how fragile they are.

There has been some belly aching in the news thread about how "OP" daemons were coming out to be. Their troops went up about 60-70% in costs and while gaining stuff, they each lost things as well. Some things like beasts of nurgle over doubled in their cost. I don't think daemons are going to be as broken as people were thinking. I mean I'm sure the book is stronger than the 8th edition codex. Not much longer until it's in our hands!

Edited by Putrid Choir

My Tyranid army I've been collecting for decades is under 6000 points but the Daemons Army I've only been painting and collecting since Wrath and Rapture came out is around 7500 now. My 3 start collecting Tzeentch boxes I just painted add up to 1600 alone meaning I just need a Lord of Change to field 2k. I used to only have 1270 odd of nurgle and now its 1650.

On 8/26/2022 at 2:52 PM, Cheex said:

Bloodletters are only more expensive than Daemonettes (by just 1ppm) and Blue Horrors (who, it is rumoured, don't have ObSec and can't do actions). I think they're in a good spot, at least as far as internal balance goes.

Curious to see any Crusade rules! Haven't heard a peep about them yet.

I also didn’t know they were damage 2 until yesterday somehow, so it makes a bit of sense.

This has become a very expensive army, so we’ll see. Compared to my CSM I don’t feel like I have enough models, but I’m looking forward to playing them and finding out.

2 hours ago, TheNewman said:

I'm just annoyed that Furies went away, I really liked my Daemonette conversions and now they have no use.

ooh sounds interesting...Pics?... do you play AoS or Old hammer?... Fellbats?...

Mithril

On 8/31/2022 at 1:47 AM, mithrilforge said:

ooh sounds interesting...Pics?... do you play AoS or Old hammer?... Fellbats?...

Mithril

They're not as interestIng as they sound, just Heart Renders with spare Daemonette heads and claws.  In reteospect putting Tyranid Gargoyle wings on regular Daemonettes would have looked better and been cheaper (and on the right sized bases), but obviously it doesn't matter anymore.

Rather disappointed about not being able ro take larger squads would of loved to have at least one large 20man squad or a least take 14 man plagueberer squads for nurgles sacred number 

Planning on taking Beasts, plague bearers and some soul grinders 

Hopefully the forgeworkd stuff gets updated soon as I'd love to see corbax and Mamon with updated profiles, hopefully they are still playable 

On 8/26/2022 at 6:13 PM, Putrid Choir said:

There has been some belly aching in the news thread about how "OP" daemons were coming out to be. Their troops went up about 60-70% in costs and while gaining stuff, they each lost things as well. Some things like beasts of nurgle over doubled in their cost. I don't think daemons are going to be as broken as people were thinking. I mean I'm sure the book is stronger than the 8th edition codex. Not much longer until it's in our hands!

I have a pure Slannesh collection, based on a grand total of one game I think they actually got weaker.

I have a mono Tzeentch list that I have not yet played. But Im hoping to do so soon. I think that our army is good but it´s not awsome. It will propably not rock the boat as much as Tyranids and Custodes did when they come out.

Repainting my Khorne army is next on my project list after I finish a Bloodbowl team, I've got 70 Bloodletters but with the squad size limited to 10 I can't see me using more than 40 of them. Also got 15 Furies that have no place anymore either. My codex hasn't arrived yet, can anyone confirm if Daemon Princes are limited to 1 per detachment, 1 per army or don't have a limit anymore? Thanks.

Yeah my hype and interest have died down for various reasons, it will probably be a long time before I get a game in with them. As improved as many units are, I think Votann immediately overshadowed the daemons codex.

@Khornestar - That's GW for you.. weaving their Magic Money Wand! ... The Chaos Deamon Army is out... it's been at least 5 minutes!! ...

Now lets move on and Promote  the Next big thing.... Leagues Of Money...errr Votann :tongue: .

I jest of course but it does seem as though the new hotness gets dropped like a Hot Scone... seconds after it's released...

I'm still waiting to pick up and paint my Khorne deamons box... :wub:

M.

5 minutes ago, Khornestar said:

Yeah my hype and interest have died down for various reasons, it will probably be a long time before I get a game in with them. As improved as many units are, I think Votann immediately overshadowed the daemons codex.

It was about the time the point costs came out that most people realized daemons are not that scary. The troops got big buffs but went up like 60% in point costs. Votann are way scarier. Sad thing is out of all the codexes, reviving squats was going to sell like hotcakes even with terrible rules, they don't need to creep the codex.