Codex Daemons Leaks/Pics

Khornestar

Two things make me a little upset about our new codex and release. First, as many pointed out, much of our troops are expensive in points and even if they are better, they are no way close to other armies like tyranids. In one battlereport I saw, the strongest phase for us, the Close combat phase, was embarssing to see as the other team just butcher the daemons. and with little shooting (even if flamers are good they can´t do everything) the daemon play had a hard time to cause damage. Second, we are perhaps the only new codex that didn´t get any new model. That actually makes me most upset. I wanted something new to play around with. also bad for GW as my daemon army is more or less complete, with perhaps only missing another soul grinder. I will buy nothing new, except the codex. Would have been fun with something new, even the Slannesh twins would be fun.

All in all, our codex is not bad, just not great and I will play with them but I think most opponents will not fear me. And the new Votann (which I love), will take center stage right away. 

One last thing, seems boring from GW that it seems every daemon army have to have Belakor in it to even be dangerous. Bad design there (but yet again, I love Belakaor but I never have liked units that are aouto included).

GW has posted a number of Soul Grinder "conversions": https://www.warhammer-community.com/2022/09/16/this-coven-of-converted-soul-grinders-has-a-daemon-engine-for-every-occasion/

The reason for the quotes is that they look a whole lot more like photoshops than actual conversions.  If so, this has been the laziest 40K release I have seen, on GW's part.

6 minutes ago, Dr_Ruminahui said:

GW has posted a number of Soul Grinder "conversions": https://www.warhammer-community.com/2022/09/16/this-coven-of-converted-soul-grinders-has-a-daemon-engine-for-every-occasion/

The reason for the quotes is that they look a whole lot more like photoshops than actual conversions.  If so, this has been the laziest 40K release I have seen, on GW's part.

Some do look photoshopped. That poor nurgle one is bad. Those poor mechanical legs... 

• 3 weeks later...

From general internet reading I get the feeling the new codex is middle of the road, not great but not terrible.  Best lists I'm seeing are monster mash based with Belakor.  I'm still a fluff fan, so don't see myself running those kind of lists.

My next match will be against Tau and if I can get my final thirster and belakor built (doesn't have to be painted) I may try a list with him in.  If not I will go part nurgle part khorne.