Mixed Powers Daemons Army, WiP to Table...

MithrilForge

As the Title says, I want to build a Daemons army from all of the powers... any idea's/hints would be welcome !...

It's been many years since i have played any form of daemons in 40K , I'm Starting with the Khorne Combat patrol and at least one unit of troops from each power, Always wanted to have an army full of different Daemons (ah yeah who knows how well it'll play but it'll look great :laugh:

Making a list here of what I have to paint, will tick off as I go....and it makes me accountable to paint what I've listed here ...:sweat:

The Changeling - 

1x Bloodmaster -

10x Bloodletters -

10x Bloodletters-

10x Pink Horrors -

10x Blue Horrors-

10x Brimstone's -

10x Daemonettes -

10x Plagubearers -

3x BloodCrusher's -

10x Flesh Hounds -

++EDIT++ Geez i just realised it's a lot of troops, i guess if i can get through these then a Daemon Prince will be a grand reward... :tongue: 

Cheers,

M. 

Edited by Mumeishi
added title change

5 hours ago, Emicus said:

AFAIK you lose warp storm if you mix gods  in a detachment, but not if you bring multiple detachments?

Unless you bring be'lakor, who is the best unit in the book, when you can mix anything you like

Not true. You only lose the god-specific warp storm effects, but keep the Undivided effects.

On 9/19/2022 at 11:15 AM, Special Officer Doofy said:

Find a way to make Be'lakor and all 4 greater daemons work! It will be expensive... 

Is it worth even taking a great unclean one? I think art of war did all the great demons and a ton of blue horrors. you are making me want to do it. lol

I guess you have to take him and blue horrors...

ok, I am going to do it. 1 of each greater demon plus Be'lakor. I don't think there is much list building to do to be honest. What are some of the deamon options you guys would go for in the list?

Thanks for the replies guys :thumbsup:

I do want to get Be'lakor (such a cool model) but Khorne is my Favourite Flavour so if it's any GD it'll be a BloodThirster :wub:

I was basically wanting to know what the best troops are and best Fast attack and best elites from the whole pool of Daemons were... 

will try to get the Dex soon and look for myself as well :tongue:

Cheers, M.

Daemonettes and bloodletters seem pretty great, plaguebearers kinda so-so and I don't know what to make of horrors really. Interesting, I suppose, and the only ones who can do some shooting.

I'd say daemonettes probably the best troops? Elites I still need to look at the non-Khornate units. Wait is there even an elites choice for Khorne?

Edited by Khornestar

bloodletters are number 1. pink horrors are number 2 and deamonettes are 2-3

FA - Fiends of slannesh are good. not the horse riders or demon riders but the fiends. The Tzeentch flyers are ok as well.

Look up a video by art of war called deamons tier list. it lists them all out, why they are good and so on. good video on the subject.

• 1 month later...

Ok I'm starting a Bloodletters Killteam for the "Knives in the Void" paint challenge so will be putting my work/progress in here as well (might as well put something into the daemons forum... :tongue:)

here is the models put together for my First Fireteam, I think i'll make a Fireteam of Pink horrors after these are done (i need some shooting in my killteam :laugh:

here's the proof pic-

large.Choas-BL1.jpg.6ea8d8ce4ff026320e63

And here is the Colour i'm going with... I'll be using red where he's used the Green, and their Horns will be Brass... 

large.AbberantSkincolour.jpg.f55ad984656  

I know... Not red ?... Just trying to make them look a bit more Creepier than just the standard "Red Bloodletters" ... 

Cheers, M. 

I like what you're looking to do and look forward to seeing them progress - IMHO, more natural coloured daemons are even creepier (though, I may be biased, as my slaaneshi demons are in (mostly) natural skin tones).

Edited by Dr_Ruminahui

@Dr_Ruminahui - Thanks Doc, seeing your great Daemonettes has made me less concerned about whether it'll turn out ok and not be such a crazy idea :sweat:

The "Human" Skintone looks great ! I hope they're half as nice as yours have turned out!

Hoping to undercoat them this weekend (it's kinda winter here in Australia - it's raining heavily outside right now... :confused:) So I hope to try for a break in the weather to let me spray em !! 

updates within a couple days ...hopefully :sweat:

Cheers, M.  

18 hours ago, Dr_Ruminahui said:

They look great - and I do think the black horns look better than the red (or the brass you had originally considered).  What would it look like with black back spikes as well?  That might be a way to differentiate between units.

Good point there!, I had initially tried brass horns but it didn't work out (something about it didn't feel right :confused:) I had then went with red back spines as a contrast but now the Horns are black I may have to rethink that colour too :sweat:.Or... as you said, different squads with different coloured spines is a great idea :thumbsup:

More updates soon.

• 1 month later...

Sorted my colours for my Pink Horrors - took some inspiration from Louise Sugden and her cool models. :cool:

956D9757-8426-40C0-B937-D343ADE1BAD8.jpeg

498788D5-C196-40E9-9D21-D862D572DB90.jpeg

07675AB9-F417-46C3-BDDF-E63299CA950A.jpeg

The bases will be lava themed but very basic. 

cheers M 

Edited by Mumeishi

• 2 weeks later...

And some more colour added to the pink :sweat:

A7ECE997-DF02-492F-A00F-F9674D6CBCD5.thumb.jpeg.2dafe2695c8a8929c3670bd86a451ec8.jpeg708B6343-B108-4D45-95CA-47802F114E19.thumb.jpeg.5096c9ccd8f6cc22ffc6d38d6274acea.jpeg

I added some metal washers to the bases as they (especially the standard bearer) seem to topple easily. 

more soon …

M. 

Edited by Mumeishi

@Ulfast thanks, they’ve since had some more blue blended in .

it’s been a bit warm here (summer) so no painting so I made my Daemonette unit leader conversion,she’s a Drukhari wyche that’s being turned(gifted) into a Daemonette…  just something fun and different for my army … 

FA02F7CA-217D-440F-B1A7-EA26F92A331E.thumb.jpeg.e1424f50428163f6d379ca40874de2f5.jpeg6A70E344-EF7E-4F31-92E0-044704CE14BD.thumb.jpeg.3406a4cfbc9325db490df9b817309ea8.jpeg

cheers , M 

as it’s really hot weather, I’ve continued with the model building, I made a conversion of “The Masque” using a harlequin and Daemonette bits, still need to pro-create the base and add some harlequin masks to her sashes  but otherwise done . 
03CCD215-31EE-4D1E-9F97-C562259FDB25.thumb.jpeg.e28cbaab2a86520733d57d8b9c56826c.jpeg

Cheers, M. 

Edited by Mumeishi

• 2 weeks later...

Working on Fallen sister of battle as my Daemonette units Banner Bearer…,

Sister Ecstasia is coming along :devil:… 

3786FEDD-3682-4CC2-A096-DB0D64473A94.thumb.jpeg.198593583ba67222dcc17eb2aad135a4.jpeg

9739D7A4-3975-4753-832F-6BF7F3CFC094.thumb.jpeg.f94debd6b05a32c2f870636100333641.jpeg

* due to the banner being mucked up by attaching it to a different arm ,I need to attach some trophy helmets and heads to the lower part of the banner pole, as though they’ve been spiked on there ! 

Cheers, M. 

oh the kitbash / conversion looks awesome. I am not sure what you've bought or haven't bought but instead  of plague bearers I would just do nurglings.

from a competitive sense I would do some fiends of slaanesh, flamers (of course) and then maybe some hounds? i don't run any as I ran out of points and room. I run beast of nurgle - love those guys regardless of price tag.

@INKS - thanks for the tips bud, I do have a box of Plague Bearers already :sweat: It's not really a "Competitive Army" in as much as it's just a Friendly play with mates army of all the powers with all the different troop models to begin with...I will focus off later into more Khorne Daemon units, I want to have a 25% daemonic support element for my World eaters when I eventually get them (I've waited many many years for them to come out so I'm happy to finish this army first Before getting them :biggrin:

I wish there were plastic Flamers like the old school Flamers, heck I wish we had Plastic Juan Diaz's Daemonettes instead of these Fugly one's we have now :laugh:.

hopefully more soon, I'll have most of the models put together and based...then it's a Big Group undercoating party !! 

Cheers, M