Mixed Powers Daemons Army, WiP to Table...

MithrilForge

Some more work on Daemonette’s- 

now I’m not a fan of the real ugly screaming heads from the kit or the stupid fanned out hair :facepalm:… 

so I’ve only been using the pony tail heads or actual sisters heads, Drukhari heads and the bald heads as seen below, 

I simply glued a Drukhari topknot onto a bald Daemonette head (it looks ok ) 

E54AFDAB-7F59-44F6-9ABB-BA8F09D8B793.thumb.jpeg.230cba3b08be1be17bcabebd006085cc.jpeg

I need to finish two more for the unit then it’s a lot of pro create on the bases as I glued all my models onto sprue (I didn’t want the feet sinking away into the rocky lava bases I planned on having  :sweat:

Cheers,M. 

• 2 weeks later...

Update- nothing painted... with Colour !!

but I’ve put together a lot more stuff and Pro-Create'd the bases and undercoated them :sweat:.  Plague Bearer unit, Daemonette's unit, Brimstone horrors (they were a pain to base :confused:) the last 4 Bloodletters for the Unit and Flesh Hounds and the first of 3 Blood Crushers

* Ignore the Avatar, he came along cause he heard there was an Under Coating Party :laugh:
B130A676-0E3F-4EC8-A835-29DDB4C62444.thumb.jpeg.6faf843a5d24c3ddaf7bbd57655e3390.jpeg

DBCF4C80-E2C3-4718-A995-0CB4BBD5A2B6.thumb.jpeg.f12f10c560e58ecaa1bdb86cab3a40de.jpeg

As I said earlier, Trying to get the whole of my Force Built, Based and undercoated... then i start to paint the units... nearly there... Only 2 more Bloodcrushers and 3x Fleshhounds and a Bloodmaster to go.

Cheers, M

Edited by Mumeishi

• 4 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

Was inspired by @Plaguecaster daemons painting the other day so pulled out some of my plague bearers to start on, here’s some WiP of them  -

IMG_9040.thumb.jpeg.e3f34a5f65f9459e2d5034a875bc6cd0.jpeg

IMG_9041.thumb.jpeg.699a65d2bb26a4f77628fa765d86399e.jpeg

it’s been fun just slapping down some ugly colours :laugh: I can see now the appeal to painting nurgle it’s easy and if you make a mistake it can be covered over rather easily and creatively!!, just gotta make the swords a rusty metal though !

Cheers, M 

Edited by Mumeishi

Those look great!  How do you think you will base them?

One thing that might look good on future models is to try some bruising and/or pale edges around the open wounds.  Its not something I think all the models need, but I think it might look good and add a little diversity to the look of the unit without distracting from the overall cohesiveness and look.

@Dr_Ruminahui funny you say that, as these are not done yet, I'm planning on adding some colour back to the edges tonight, as to basing ,I'm going with the same as i planned for my World eaters so it'll be grey rock with snow and dead grass...although if there's water on any bases these will be putrid green water due to the proximity of Nurgle... :sick:

thanks for looking :thumbsup:

Cheers, M

Update- starting the basing , astrogranite over my milliput is quick to get an easy effect :thumbsup:

IMG_9078.thumb.jpeg.79b1272b2a5c9b763868373df0a4b7ce.jpeg

Hope to finish these off tonight !! (sorry for crappy pics :facepalm:)

cheers M

Edited by Mumeishi

Unit is clear coated (I need to add blood for the blood god tonight on their wounds as I didn’t want it looking Matt ) 

otherwise the unit is done- 

IMG_9105.thumb.jpeg.0be9c920186fb533ae06f66deee6fa5e.jpeg

next on the paint mat is a unit of Daemonette’s  quite the opposite type of unit :tongue:

cheers, M