Cpt.Danjou

I use him, but I am a Iron warriors player so I can use his special Relic (Techno-Venomous Mechatendrils) which makes him more stable to repair Vehicles, and he may be slightly better in close combat. I have alos used him in smallish games, 500 point games, as he is the cheapest HQ we have. And the amount of pain he can hand out is amazing in such small games. He lacks the inv save, which I find a bit disturbing, sure I can give him another relic, but my group either play withe the nephilim rules, or crusade so the amount of relics has become rare. A rumour that I have heard is that 4 of 8 players in my group has bought Votanns, so I see that there will be more Predators from my side, so I can take care of them at range, so the warpsmith will see more action in the future.

Cpt Danjou

So far his limited buff range for vehicles has proved a bit challenging once the need to move those around arises. But apart from that he provides a useful package, especially for IW, where the WL trait daemonsmith allows for buffing a second vehicle's BS as well.

As mentioned Techno-Venomous Mechatendrils is really solid for an Iron Warriors player. Add in the Warlord Trait Hatred Incarnate and he has 10 attacks, re-rolling his hits. 

Something people miss is that you can elect to use all your attacks with the Techno-Venomous Mechatendrils. I.e. 10 attacks, re-rolling hits which cause a mortal wound. 6's explode from turn 3. Melta/plasma/flamer pistols as well.  

Wow, I never noticed that before. Combined with strike first from MoS and he is going to seriously hurt something that comes into the backfield to screw with your fire support. in theory(it will likely never happen) you could push out 20 mortal wounds. I have an incoming fight with Grey knights here this weekend, I figure my lone psyker really isnt going to do much so I am tossing this guy in. Looking forward to dropping a dreadknight with him :P

A nasty trick on top of the mortal wounds, is that not only does the mark of slaanesh give him fight first - you can use the MoS strat Murderous Perfection to turn a melta pistol shot hit role into a 6, so it triggers death to the false emperor and explodes for an extra hit. Makes him a good character sniper!

Edited by Relic