What do we want in wave 2

jimbo1701

Hi guys. Anticipating a second wave release such as a sisters / admech style update, what would people like to see? 

I personally would like to see the following type of units, continuing the homage to the original army while giving a modern update. 

Fast - another unit for the pioneers - either smaller bikes or a larger hover vehicle. 

heavy - a ‘grand battery’ unit with some artillery / longer ranged options. 

flyer - gyrocopter

I'm more of a collector than a gamer- I'm hoping we might get a limited ed character model at Christmas and probably a killteam set early next year [possibly with the designs being like the old school squats featured in the book artwork as freelancers. My thinking is the other figures in the artwork are all from the current range.]

I'd love the pioneers on foot as scouts and a heavy trike/hover vehicle.

A battle robot - either iron Kin or CoG.

Maybe another exo suit variant? 

I think a battle standard is likely and maybe a guild master model. 

Some sort of Lord of War, perhaps it could be a vehicle or large suit/robot?

I'm expecting a flyer as one can be seen on the codex cover and on the interior box from the limited edition army set

Some sort of infiltration/sneaky unit

There's a mention in the codex of the Hekaton pulling armoured cars/trailers, so that could be a thing too.

Maybe another character

1 hour ago, Cyrox said:

Some sort of Lord of War, perhaps it could be a vehicle or large suit/robot?

I'm expecting a flyer as one can be seen on the codex cover and on the interior box from the limited edition army set

Some sort of infiltration/sneaky unit

There's a mention in the codex of the Hekaton pulling armoured cars/trailers, so that could be a thing too.

Maybe another character

Land train!!!!

I have to say modern plastic production capability means a lot of that is possible and GW would be fools not to make an airship or landtrain at least. They could sell the train engine kit for £70-80 and then additional box cars of different varieties for £30 each, and probably sell tons of them.

Although for me, like anything super-heavy size and up, it belongs on an Epic/6-8mm games board and not a 40k scale one for the most part.

Just give me a Land Train! I started playing in '95, and the two things I've always wanted in 40k were Knights and Land Trains.

Have the front be basically a slightly beefed-up Land Fortress, then all the mid-carriages just being like a Hekaton with the front/back removed.

One with a single big gun turret, one with four mid-sized guns, one with transport capacity and a few of the "ball turret" guns from the HLF.

Maybe an artillery carriage as well?

It has to be the land train and the mega cannon. Both those in epic were great fun to play. 

The airship could be done east from gw as they have the AoS airships, some extra modelling and done.

The trikes would have been great wheeled aswell as the heavy trikes.

I remember the land train and collosus had void shields too. The land train had void shields, one for each carriage you added to it.

I know I asked for Ironkin, but taking a good look at the Hearthkin models I noticed something quite unique. Some legs are clearly robotic (the ankle is thin and the boot toes and shape are different) plus  the helmet that pairs with that leg is usually closed or just like a COG unit, so actually in a regular squad we already have Ironkin there!! Subtle little detail!

9 hours ago, Chaplain Lucifer said:

I know I asked for Ironkin, but taking a good look at the Hearthkin models I noticed something quite unique. Some legs are clearly robotic (the ankle is thin and the boot toes and shape are different) plus  the helmet that pairs with that leg is usually closed or just like a COG unit, so actually in a regular squad we already have Ironkin there!! Subtle little detail!

Lore articles I read mention the Fleshkin replacing body part with mechanical bits.

On 10/3/2022 at 4:29 AM, Chaplain Lucifer said:

Warrior squads do come with Ironkin bits already, yeah. The robotic body parts are for any type of Votann though, not just Ironkin.