Void War Bases

The 28mm are becoming much more common. Vet Guard, Karskin, Corsairs, and I believe the new Arbites, etc all use them. I've been holding off building Karskin until these bases released, and they aren't available yet in the US apparently. 

Also for the 40mm bases, all the accessory pieces can be used on standard 40mm bases, or just use the Necromunda 40mm or the Sector Mechanicus bases. The fact is 28mm currently has no options for a sci fi/tech themed base without going 3rd party, but 25, 32 and 40mm all have multiple options already available from GW.

15 minutes ago, Starfarer said:

The 28mm are becoming much more common. Vet Guard, Karskin, Corsairs, and I believe the new Arbites, etc all use them. I've been holding off building Karskin until these bases released, and they aren't available yet in the US apparently. 

Also for the 40mm bases, all the accessory pieces can be used on standard 40mm bases, or just use the Necromunda 40mm or the Sector Mechanicus bases. The fact is 28mm currently has no options for a sci fi/tech themed base without going 3rd party, but 25, 32 and 40mm all have multiple options already available from GW.

Thats still random units in a couple of armies though, when 40mm is standard in at least one whole army and really not uncommon all over the place these days, and the necromunda bases have one 40mm design which is grating to say the least ;) 

18 minutes ago, Starfarer said:

Vet Guard are 25mm but I put mine on 28mm because I wanted some extra space, particularly for the fellas with bayonets affixed. The additional space also made placement of some miniature barbed wire easier

44 minutes ago, Noserenda said:

Thats still random units in a couple of armies though, when 40mm is standard in at least one whole army and really not uncommon all over the place these days, and the necromunda bases have one 40mm design which is grating to say the least ;) 

Then use Secto Mechanicus or Sector Imperialis bases, or use the accessories that come with Void War on 40mm.

There are multiple options of 40mm whereas until now there were currently none for 28mm.

Also these bases are designed for Boarding Actions, which generally is more troop based. While there are certainly 40mm troop options, they are generally smaller unit counts, so much easier to use the Void War accessories on 40mm than trying to do the same on larger squads of 28mm.

Don't invalidate. 40s are fairly common place among elite which are a very rich part of boarding patrols. Not to mention custodes who's majority of the line are 40s. Yes you can chop up and use the extra bits, but it won't be the same quality and it isn't pre made. Yes 40s have other options but those options do not tie in well at all with the void war bases. It is what it is, but that doesn't invalidate the complaint. 

23 minutes ago, TheMawr said:

Its very possible that these bases were initially designed not with boarding patrol but with kill team ( and especially their bespoke kill team plans) in mind. In wich case the base sizes chosen make a lot more sense.

This is likely the case. Which is why 40s are overlooked. Boarding actions and their use is an after thought. 

On 2/6/2023 at 3:51 AM, INKS said:

They aren't 40s ... Well, all this waiting and the box is a lot less attractive ... Disappointed but that is how it goes I guess.

I think I'm in the same camp, to be honest. Something in the background for the world of Pyrites (in "First and Only") - with its' heated streets with vents in them - chimed with me, and I've been using the Sector Mechanicus bases for it. I was hoping to add in some of the (rather nice) Void War bases, both to add in variety, and to fill in the sizing gaps that exist in that set - unfortunately it looks like I'm going to end up with a fair few bases I'm not going to be able to use as I don't have anything that would use one of the sizes. 

Personally, I really wish GW would produce their base sets in the same way as the Necromunda ones (with a pack for each size), although I guess that doesn't tie in with their manufacturing process. :sad:

• 3 weeks later...