Primaris Sword Brethren Get Free Power Swords?

On 1/7/2023 at 11:07 AM, BLACK BLΠFLY said:

One of the moderators for this forum uses SB. It has been conjectured Chosen will see more play due to the new data slate.

well theyre sword brethren with an extra attack and wound for 3 points more so it makes sense. put the mark of slaanesh on a squad of 10 and for only 5 ppm more than SB you get +1 to hit, +1 attack, +1 wound, and fights first. plus stacking relics and buffs on them can make them strong as hell. wish we could have that statline :/

On 1/6/2023 at 8:41 PM, BLACK BLΠFLY said:

I have always been a big fan of storm shields and continued to pay points for them while we had AoC. I play a lot vs CSM so AoC was very much a double edged sword. Storm shields will always have a place… there are a lot of factions that could tear right though AoC. So I guess it’s time to start ripping off arms again.

The thing about a third wound is it should be for all veteran units, not just some chosen units for whatever reason. I know players who swear by SB and they just got better, so while I don’t use them I trust what my friends tell me. If Chosen aren’t seeing much playing time I doubt it would make much difference for us, except that we can default to a 5++.

sword brethren are just overcosted assault intercessors that can take power weapons, to compete for the elites slot they need extra rules and datasheet buffs. i would want them to be super lethal where the bladeguard are super durable. give SB 2+WS, 3W, 5A with mastercrafted weapons. theyll still die relatively fast but at least theyll be able to take some stuff down before they go.