Mono-Tzeentch army building advice?

Sawtooth

I'm totally new to daemons and this edition, and I'd like to build a Tzeentch army. I don't really know where to start. Is taking a single horror unit and loading up on Flamers and other things a bad idea because of board control? Should I focus on multiple Horror units as the backbone of my force instead? What would you grab if you were starting such an army?

Depending on your detachments you're going to be taking multiple units of Horrors anyway as they are the only unit with ObSec and you'll need that for holding objectives. Kairos is super good for his points and because of this 3 casts a turn can easily score secondaries while still nuking the enemy, 3++ Daemonic Save and Ignoring wounds on a 5+ if you take his warlord trait are good too. 

Flamers are excellent and dropping them with a Burning Chariot that gives them +1S to the Flames, plus their strategem means you can melt big units too. For every Greater Daemon you can take a Herald without using up a slot so it wouldn't be hard to take Kairos, a regular LoC and then still get some heralds in without bothering with a second detachment. Melee will be tough but Screamers are pretty good there and can tank damage surprisingly well on the way in. 

I would start with 2 units of pink horrors, one box of blue horrors so the basic is fixed. After that I would go with a Lord of change or/and herald and daemon prince. After that both flamers and screamers are good. Later one I would also get a soulgrinder or two. But not from the start.  

From what I can tell a Lord of Change +3 start collecting (if you can still find them) is basically 2k points in the new book so just buy that. Pretty much with any daemon faction you hit 1500 just by buying 1 of everything, its literally the easiest army to collect.

Pink horrors are so expensive you literally run out of the ability to take toys if you bring more than 30 of them so no I don't think only having one squad is necesarily a bad idea. Its probably the only way to actually optimise the army.

Just going for max flamers is the best army but its also the ***** move.