+++ Barracks Event Incoming +++

duz_

Heads up soldiers with the pending release of the new codex expect a barracks hobby event to follow closely! 

@GreenScorpion will be assisting with the logistics.

Details to follow, but start figuring out what you will be pledging in the name of the Emperor! :thumbsup:

It will be my first time assisting with such kind of event, so hopefully everything will go alright.
Still discussing some stuff with duz_ but we should have the final plan soon.

In what relates to the participation, I think I will go with something a bit different and work on some terrain. I have a group of fortifications built with stuff from Mantic that I think will suit this event quite well :smile:

3 hours ago, apologist said:

In events like this, do we tend to start from sprue, or built models?

The plan is to have the possibility of building+painting or merely painting models, so you could start with sprue pics up to already assembled models, similar to what was done in the last event.

For reference on the last event: https://bolterandchainsword.com/topic/372810-sally-forth-hobby-challenge/

Once some final preparations are done we should have a thread with all the necessary information in terms of rules timelines and such for the event.

Edited by GreenScorpion

3 minutes ago, Tallarn Commander said:

Hmm, I might have to use this event as an excuse to buy a squad of female Tallarns from.Victoria Miniatures: https://victoriaminiatures.com/products/copy-of-desert-scorpions-10-man-squad

Perfect! Best order now I suspect guard release box orders are around the corner and we'll be starting once they hit the shelves :wink:

I don't have money for new models but hopefully my kitbashes and still works in progress on my table will qualify, if so the combined might of the Various Ishtarian Astra Militarum Regimentums will be standing ready. Lunar Venatorii Cavalry have bikers that need paint, the Cogger Hive Guard have been getting reinforced with former Cultists and Hive Scum for their Penal and neurally programmed troops, the Innanis Thrashers are always down to dig in, getting dirty in the process. Ishtarian Rangers have snipers in the wings. 

So this is an example and I have a few on the spruce for Eschers that I am still converting. But you see three without bases so far and a few that is only primed. I have been lagging on my Astra Militarum due to lack of space in my display shelf .

86BF2DF5-82D5-475B-93DA-FAE8578D25F1.jpeg

On 11/3/2022 at 6:18 AM, Jaipii said:

I've already started if that's ok! A Volpone Bluebloods Command squad inbound!

Don't get too far ahead @Jaipii! We normally prefer unpainted models for pledging, plus you might finish the squad before the event starts :teehee:

On 11/3/2022 at 9:48 PM, TechCaptain said:

So this is an example and I have a few on the spruce for Eschers that I am still converting. But you see three without bases so far and a few that is only primed. I have been lagging on my Astra Militarum due to lack of space in my display shelf .

As long as you can make legal unit entries out of them, I am not concerned about what models you use. As long as they fit in the ragtag Imperial guard aesthetic somehow.

As for everyone else:

Event start date will be the 26th of November!

Yes I know its late, but blame GW. With a 2 week pre-order window from next week, that means we won't have the books and models in hand until then. Since the rumours indicate that there are many changes afoot, we need to make sure we are pledging legal units for the new codex. The event will run for 2 months with no pledging restrictions. 

• 2 weeks later...

Just ordered another box and a spare sprue of the WGA space Brits just for this, even though I have a box unopened already...:laugh:

You can never have too many guardsmen. :thumbsup:

Time to check I have enough bases, glue and basing material ready. Then I need to decide what Im doing, I have 54 Space Brits on sprue, 40 WW1 French with enough German heads to make another platoon for my Stallenberg and 22 Cannon Fodder (10 male and 12 female) for my Penal Legion. Plenty for me to choose from. 

The event thread should be published some time this week in advance for the start of the event next Saturday.
Please start preparing your pledges so we can have an interesting event.

Once the thread is published you will be able to review the event rules and format in detail, so hopefully by Saturday any major doubts or issues will be addressed :smile: