Cadians got upscaled

BLACK BLΠFLY

We're here to discuss resized Cadian models not other lines. 

Being the barracks and not Amicus, the conversation should also focus on how that aligns with current IG army collections and how collectors intend to respond. 

13 minutes ago, duz_ said:

We're here to discuss resized Cadian models not other lines. 

Being the barracks and not Amicus, the conversation should also focus on how that aligns with current IG army collections and how collectors intend to respond. 

No problem, it started in Amicus.

I think the new Cadians legs are also long.

If I were to collect them, I would start over, as I cannot handle size/scale issues like this and it's prevented me from collecting factions in the past.

Assuming that the regular infantry are smaller than the kasrkins, you could likely mix the two kits together to make shorter kasrkins and taller guardsmen in the same way people mix female heads for a mixed gender force.

Obviously any difference in scale might make it difficult to mix arms and bodies from the different kits, but it should be manageable.

On 10/26/2022 at 2:04 PM, duz_ said:

• Carry on nothing to see here, mixed scale is fine.

I run a mix of plastic Cadian with metal Mordian models...I'll carry on regardless. Any size difference doesn't bother me.

I'll pick up the newer models at some point. Assemble and paint them in time for 12th ed only to find the wargear I've given them is invalid. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/26/2022 at 2:47 AM, Lord Marshal said:

I think everybody expected them to get larger compared to the 20-year old Shock Troops, but the comparison with the Kill-Team (not BSF) Traitor Guard made me raise an eyebrow considering the kit is only five months old.

iqjpzj2exkv91.jpg?width=960&crop=smart&a

The traitor guardsmen is set back farther from the kasrkin. Their bases are not on the same line. The kasrkin will still probably be bigger but likely not as pronounced.

On 10/26/2022 at 9:04 AM, duz_ said:

For me the question really is:

For those guard players with larger collections (Cadian or otherwise), how do you plan to manage this difference in scale? 

• Carry on nothing to see here, mixed scale is fine 
  • Start from scratch with all new rescaled models
  • Nope, I'll be shopping at ebay for the near future 

I need to grab out some of my DKOK models, I feel the scale creep wasn't as pronounced on them? 

I'm late to the party again.
I can't see changing anything I have and I have no plans to rebase to 28Mm bases either. I do like the variety in model height, my conscripts look underfed teenagers/child soldiers. My storm troopers are taller and look more like adults which fits the theme of my collection. Some similar height infantry would be nice but I already have my infantry which I believer are a tad taller than my conscripts physically.  right now it's just better for me to no participate at all rather than worry about model size and rebasing for a game I don't even enjoy playing.  (I'm very sad about that too.) 
I am starting to shop around for models to use for proxy and conversions for a few of the new units but I am not committed to buying anything currently. Wont bother until I can se the codex in person. It will have to be something really special to pull me back in.