First 2000 point list with fully painted and based mini's!

Paladin777

Taking this up against either Aeldari or Imperial knights this Saturday. The only painted and based models I have that aren't in the list are a gravis captain and jump captain with TH and Plasma Pistol (holdover from 8th).

How screwed am I, and/or does anyone have any tips from either a list building standpoint (not that there's much wiggle room), or strategy in the tabletop.

Not using Nephilim CP/Relic/WL trait rules. 

Spoiler

2000 points/100 PL

9 CP

***HQ***

**Captain 120- warlord**

Jump pack, MC relic blade, inferno pistol, bolt pistol

Gift of Foresight

Angel Exemplar: (artisan of war)

Armor Indomitus

SIW: Master Crafted relic blade

**Chief Librarian 145**

Jump pack, force axe, inferno pistol

Null zone, might of Heroes, veil of Time

**Jump Lieutenant 100**

Jump pack, 2x lightning claws, bolt pistol

Relic of the Chapter- Artificer Armor

**Lieutenant 75**

Power Sword, bolt pistol, storm bolter

***Troops***

**5x Intercessors 110**

Auto bolt rifles

1 with grenade launcher, sergeant has power sword

**5x Intercessors 110**

Auto bolt rifles

**5x Intercessors 110**

Auto bolt rifles

**5x Intercessors 110**

Auto bolt rifles

***Elites***

**5x death company 125**

One with thunder hammer, one with power sword

**8 sanguinary guard 270**

4x encarmine sword, Angelus bolt guns

2x power fist, Angelus bolt gun

2x power fist, inferno pistol

**relic terminator squad 195**

Sergeant- plasma blaster, grenade harness, chainfist

1x reaper autocannon and chainfist

3x combi-bolter and LC

***Fast Attack***

**2x Attack Bikes 120**

Multi-melta

**1x Attack Bikes 60**

Multi-melta

**3x inceptors 120**

Assault bolters

***Heavy Support***

**Eradicators 155**

Sergeant with heavy melta rifle

1x heavy melta rifle

1x multi-melta

**3x Eliminators**

Bolt sniper rifles

Angel Ascendent-Quake Bolts

Edited by Paladin777
Text color.

What will you be playing? I'm guessing it's Matched Play, so just the rulebook missions?

For the most part the list looks fine. Can see what synergises with what and how most stuff will be used. It's more a question of how you're going to win, and that will depend on the missions, etc.

Have you been against those two armies before? Do you have a vague idea of what models will appear on the table and how to react to them?

We're going to be doing matched play and Tempest of War, so all bets are off as far as objectives go.

On a side note, I've been considering giving the captain Imperium's Sword to boost him to the all-important S8 on the charge (specifically to deal with Knights and Wraithlords), or should I stick with Gift of Foresight.

as far as Aeldari goes, I've started collecting them so I'm very familiar with their rules, even if I haven't really played against them since 8th.

I've never played against Knights before, so if he goes with that it'll be an interesting experience. 

I don't get to play anywhere near as often as I would like, but I have a long commute where I listen to battle reports on YouTube, which helps. Tabletop Tactics is my friend, though I do know that some of their list-building is intentionally done in a way to showcase things, as opposed to being super competitive. Still, their strategies seem sound too me. 

in any case, I figure I'll have the terminators in reserves as they're slow, and I might put the eradicators in there too, depending on how things look. 

I've never played against this opponent either, so that'll be interesting. He knows I play Blood Angels, but he also knows I've got 4 other armies to choose from too.  

Edited by Paladin777

I quite enjoy Tempest tbh. It encourages you to build a balanced list as you don't know what will happen from one turn to the next. Be sure to focus on their scoring units to make it harder for them and be cagey with the Sanguinary Guard (maybe even consider splitting them into two units of four), especially as you haven't got a Priest near them. As for the Warlord Trait choice between those two, I suppose it depends on how much you think you need that ST8. Still wounding on 4s in the first round of combat otherwise with re-rolls...

Would you recommend the SG to be split up into two identical units (2 ES/AB, 1 PF/AB, 1PF/IP), or something else like keeping one unit with fists and one with swords?

and that S8 would be pretty useful against knights. Wounding full size knights with 3's on the charge (or even 2's if I can pull off Might of Heroes) would be really tasty. 

I only own eight SG. I tend to run them at 6-7 models in my normal list, however, I've been splitting them into two four-man squads for a different list I've been playtesting. One has had three swords and one axe, the other three fists, one axe, one IP. The smaller squads means I have a bit of redundancy, can hide them better, and they are considered to be "less of a threat" (which they aren't, because I buff them to the hilt). 

Splitting weapons up on the unit makes them more general purpose but can be a bit slower to use as each weapon is supposed to be done separately... but  maybe do this as you don't know what you're facing (if you choose to split them that is). It really depends on how you feel; I can only offer anecdotes and report what I see elsewhere :smile:

Oh yeah, be careful with the Librarian placement if you pop nullzone! You don't want to nullify your Captain's ++

I think I am going to split the SG up, but run them with identical loadouts. If I'm up against Aeldari, a 4 man unit should wipe a small-medium squad no matter what loadout, and if I'm facing knights I'll most likely keep them a bit closer and have them charge in tandom as if they were one unit, just to make sure they knock out, or at least bracket whatever I'm targeting, and so they can share warlord/Captain auras. 

and fair enough on the Null Zone!!

Do you think I have enough melta in the event that I am facing knights? Sure I've got some power/chain fists, but not much else in my list would make much of a dent. 

(3 MM attack bikes, 3 eradicators, 4 inferno pistols.)

Edited by Paladin777

Well, he played Aeldari and I got absolutely thrashed... I made a major blunder in deployment and didn't screen my units well enough out of the gate, and his rolling was insanity while mine was poor to mediocre...

He also went first and had two turns to alpha strike (first turn Falcons with cloud strike and fire dragons) before my reserves (Terminators, incepters, eradicators) finally ended up coming in.

we called the game at the end of turn two...

At least my army looked fantastic as they were shot off the board!

Edited by Paladin777